WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited March 2017
    day 9 of my not shampooing. Trying this out. Freeing myself from the chemicals of it all. Should be um interesting!
    Becca
    gtzofaddroow.jpg
  • Annr
    Just rinsing it when I shower, that's it. I know many people use talc to control the oily part, (until it settles out and slows down its production of oil), but I am soldiering through. Knowing this is just temporary, gives me hope. Studies show that hair grows faster, is shinier, and healthier.
    Becca
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Good afternoon! I am a little more awake than I was this morning (which is why I didn't post). I woke up with the MOnday blank, which is like the blues, but you just feel like either your brains are stuffed with cotton or there is just nothing left in there. Blank. I actually drank three cups of coffee before the kids got here!
    Katla and Sue- love to see another pair/group of friends from this site get a chance to meet up! You both look MAH-VELOUS! Pretty daughter, too!
    Janet-What a pretty great grand niece you have! I love her onesie!
    Rita- Happy birthday!
    Heather- Hurrah for Bea! Always able to make us smile! Such a face! And your son looks very happy and kudos to him for creating a club for greyhound lovers! Being social is so important for our well-being! Even if it is just out walking our fur babies!
    Carol and Janet- Congrats on the losses! Love hearing/reading about your successes. Keeps me moving!
    Pip- Always love to see the cozy pics of your pups! Makes me feel good on a crappy Michigan overcast morning!
    Jolene-Ugh! those toxic work relationships! I am glad I don't have to deal with that anymore (as I do in home daycare and am my own boss). But I do still hear about it from my hubby and son. Hang in there o:) or give em hell and get out! >:)
    Hello to everyone else I haven't mentioned! Reading your stuff; but my reply either slips out of my head or I don't have anything to add! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Hi y'all! Just marking my place.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Still in hospital nop( nothing to eat or drink). Waiting to see surgeon as he is monitoring the problem. My admitting dr is emergency medicine and makes rounds at night usually after midnight.
    Thanks for your good thoughts. I ask dr how this happens and he said scar tissue. Soooooo just wait to see if it will resolve or surgery would be necessary.
    Janet's-cute baby. My granddaughter is named Hannah.
    Katla - so fun to see picture of you and Sue. Hope you had fun.
    Rita - Happy Birthday.
    All I can remember.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Annr
    Sarah from Ontario Awesome job girlie! Proud of you!
    Becca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Sue - Take care. I hope the situation resolves itself quickly and with the least amount of discomfort for you. (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Great going, Sarah! :D:drinker:

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Becca – I am about to take my first bit of ES chocolate – only 1 little piece; but, I am not sure that I will have coffee … might make a small cup. Louis let me sleep in this AM because I was so wound up tight last night I could not sleep! But, he poured the coffee into his YETI cup and it keeps it pretty hot; other than the top it has on it, has a slit for drinking it. I might go to Gander Mountain to see if they sell a solid top. Will gave it to him; but, it is really too big around to hold it with only one hand. I don’t think it gets smaller at the bottom, so it won’t fit in our cup holders in the car.

Is that a ‘new’ cut? I could not tell if it was your reflection in the back, where it still shows you have a ponytail. I think you would look ‘nice’ with a ‘short’ haircut. Looks like you must have naturally curly hair.

Sharon – I made vegetable soup (or bean soup) with the stock from our Thanksgiving ham; and, did not ‘think’ about the pineapple juice I poured over it, so I threw it in; BIG MISTAKE. The soup was AWFUL. Now, I just lift the ham bone out of the pan and don’t use the juices in the bottom. The kids had come down and it was inedible. Whoops!

Jolenec1 – If you are a citizen of the USA – there is a ‘hiring freeze’ on federal government jobs. But, I sure hope you get some help. This just happened a few days (or weeks) ago. Trying to ‘drain the swamp’ affects everybody in government. I know shortly after I went out on a disability; they had to cut some of the Clerk’s staff (I am glad that I had not taken the job; I might have been on the bottom 2 rungs and might not have made it). Maybe you are not actually working a ‘federal’ job. So that would probably be different, say, if you are working for the State government. I got upset the other day when my so told his Dad that DDnL#1 had turned down an ‘interview’ for a job that would mean a ‘raise’ (pretty significant) and a transfer back to town. Her ‘excuse’ was … they would not let her take off to go pick up the girls and bring them home, that late in the day. Their 16-year-old has her Learner’s License; but, she flatly refuses to ‘drive’. She will not get 'in the car with me driving' and her being a 'passenger'. I guess that is because I had a 'break through seizure' and while she tried to slowly get the wheel back on the pavement; when I came out of it, I grabbed the wheel and overcorrected, flipping us. There are 450 miles of dirt road in the county, and, ‘if’ I gave up an ‘interview’ because of her not wanting to drive … she would feel the pain {I would take every electronic away from her, I would take the TV out of her room and sell it, and on school nights she would not stay up late}. But, it might be that she did not take the interview because she figured she would get her ‘hopes’ up to only lose it to someone with more seniority. But, she *kitten* about her pay; which is about 2/3rd of what she was making and had ‘no benefits’. She cannot seem to wrap her head around the fact that the State ‘pays for it and it is not coming out of her pocket’ … is has a $$$ value to it. She even told DOS that she was ‘thinking’ about quitting it to find another job making more! STUPID IDEA – she walked out on her last job making over $13 an hour; and, did not get ‘unemployment’ because she ‘walked’ out and he had told her ‘walk out that door, don’t bother coming back’. So they got $3,000 more ‘in debt’. I had a mental health day; but, it didn’t work … I burst into tears at the bank because I had been attempting to balance my checkbook and it was NOT working out. She pulled up my balance and found all the checks that were pending and the ones I showed in my register that had not cleared. Problem solved; told me that ‘if’ I was going to ‘hide the money’ from myself; I needed to do it in a separate register. That makes sense. I will start doing that. Only have a couple of bills to pay out of it; planning on paying extra on 2 of them to hopefully bring down the payments. Yep, this has been a 'rant'.

That is one of the good things about this site, we can ‘rant and rave and B****’ anytime we need to and most will understand we are just letting off steam. That can be a ‘big’ NSV.

Carol – Great news on your scales going down. Our DOGD is only 5’-nothing. So the Freshman 15 she has been putting on every year of college doesn’t help; she also is ‘barrel-chested’ like her Dad and has her Mother ‘thighs’. The only time she was small; she was a cheerleader (and we found out much later, that she was not eating very much). She is working out now; and, since they have moved out of the place with roommates from hell and into their own place, she doesn’t have to worry about where to store items or having them ‘eat her food she has bought’.

Kate UK – A good friend of mine has a set of twin boys; who were doing work in another country. China or some of those countries, and he needed surgery to be paid in advance. He maxed out both their credit cards, and withdrew money out of their spending account for living expenses, some other friends chipped in; and, they called their Dad, who is a MD, and he went over there to be with them. He brought both of them back with him. He paid off the bills. But, that can be a ‘scary’ thing when you are ½ way around the world. Spain is a lot closer; but are you prepared to come up with the money to pay for it, or would you be able to ‘let it slide’ and come home early? Don’t want to have you vacation messed up by being ill.

Katla – I might find out that I can’t stop at just one piece (hopefully not).
    I agree – the closer I have been getting to my goal the more I seem to have trouble going in the ‘right’ direction.

Pip – You’ve got some pretty lazy damn dawgs; or else they are just plain out ‘old’ and need their sleep. LOL!!!

Michelle from NC said that they had to save their data usage until they get back home, which is why she hasn’t been posting. Will start back when they get home on Tuesday.

Gotu52 – I would have ‘face planted’ myself on any of those exercises. One reason I don’t go to the gym. Went to the “Y” when I was working and played a lot of racquetball with my boss. Hit him twice in the beginning. I was teaching him. Hit him in the eye; had been telling him to buy a pair. He said that he ‘did not want to wear those sissies glasses’. He would turn around and I kept telling him NOT to; it came off the back wall and I nailed him right in his eyes. Next time he came to play, he had a pair of ‘sissies’ glasses on. Still told him ‘it was a game of skill’ but he had to continue facing the front wall. About 2 weeks later, she was squatting over and I nailed him ‘right’ in the @$$! The top portion of the room had a fence where people could watch. They gave him a hard time after that.

Lenora
  • Annr
    edited March 2017
    Lenora yep my reflection of a ponytail. Hair was a bit wild, because I went to bed with it a bit damp. Also its going thru a serious transition!
    Becca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Sue: Good luck. I hope this ends with a good resolution and you feeling great. :star:

Sarah, Ontario: WTG! Keep up the good work. :smiley:

DH is cleared for surgery on Wednesday and it is snowing again. I hope this is all gone by tomorrow. I don't want to see another surgical date cancelled because it would be another whole month before he'd get another new chance.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    evening ladies~
    crazy a@@ day at work.. to pooped to pop..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Marcelyn: Congratulations on Nellie Marie! :heart:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Marcelyn - congratulations! Nellie Marie is adorable!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Marcelyn Congratulations!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    marcelyn. What a precious new grand baby!! Congrats, how wonderful!

NYKAREN