Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :)Sue and Katla, beautiful picture. I'm glad it was such a good day for both of you enjoying the horses.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Thanks for all advice and concern re my health. I am much better today but will see my own Dr this week.

HEATHER we've never had to use our travel insurance, do you think I should ring them, I know will probably have to pay extra but we only pay a bit because of Tom's age anyway as we get it free with Bank account

Kate UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-16X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Walk every day! Today I am taking a minimum of 2 - 2 1/2 mile walks!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    RITA ~ Happy Birthday! Glad you got to visit with your children.
  • fanncy0626
    Rita - I hope you had a great birthday celebration with your family! I am excited to hear about your RV purchase and retirement plan. My DH and I are starting to plan for a very similar situation as yours. We have less than two years.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Katla and Sue, love the picture, it just is fun to see some of our group getting together. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks ladies on the sweet comments on our newest extended family addition. My oldest sister called me last night to tell me about her newest great-granddaughter. My sis will turn 80 in a couple of weeks, she's not able to get around or even get out of bed since she fell and broke her leg almost 3 months ago. She's at home, her youngest daughter (58) lives with her but it is not a good situation. Not sure how that will play out.

On a more positive note, five weeks ago I wrote down what MFP said I'd weigh in five weeks following my plan, which was 8 pounds. This morning scales shows down 6 pounds in that five week period. I'll take it. :)

Janetr okc
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,567 Member
    Lots to catch up on! Gotta get ready for work but really quick: Welcome Hannah! Bea is adorable! Glad Olivia is doing better! Great pic of Katla and Sue -- who is who?

We were discussing Vitamin D yesterday, I take 5000 IU per day and have for probably 15 years on advice of my doctor. DH does the same.

I just saw an article about on NPR about how the Vit D test might be misdiagnosed in African Americans which might be of interest-- http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/11/20/246393329/how-a-vitamin-d-test-misdiagnosed-african-americans

We got our snow, but it's all slush. YAY!

Make it a good day!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Carol in GA, that's a huge success. Way to go. It's so encouraging to see/feel progress.

Janetr okc
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,583 Member
    Janetr and Carol - Both of you, excellent job! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :D
    Both of you don't have much to lose so that is even more wonderful. By the end of my weight loss it was creeping down at less than 2 lbs a month.

Kate UK - I wouldn't do anything until you have seen the doctor. He may have to give you some sort of form to say you are fit for travel. Go by his or her advice. But I know they can get very shirty and stubborn if they think they have a way out of paying up. Anything not declared is grist to their mill. :sad: At least you have the EHIC, but that wouldn't cover all of it and wouldn't cover extra travel costs or accommodation. See what the doctor says.

The hygienist visit was uncomfortable, but necessary. :s She says I still have some long term tartar to get rid of (they like to rubbish their previous colleague ) so I am booked to go back in 3 months for a top up. I floss etc regularly, but tartar runs in the family.

My DH 's favourite mushroom risotto tonight. :D<3

Sue - I hope your bowel obstruction isn't serious. <3 Get well soon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    Katla and Sue- fantastic picture of you too! So glad that you guys could get together. It's nice to be able to do that with friends on here.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Hey Carol,

Yes we call Jasmine our diva dog, lol. She is a standard Pomeranian. She weighs 13 pounds. She is a spoiled girl and headstrong too. She loves chicken and rice. I make it for her and Eliza Jane (our Chiweenie) whenever either one is not feeling their best. Eliza has a lot of digestive issues. Really having them today, I think we may have to run to the vet in a bit she has been throwing up several times this morning.
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Hope Eliza feels better soon.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,037 Member
    ''''
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    (((Rita))) Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:

(((Jolene)))
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member