WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    good morning ladies~
    I am having my tea, and going to work at 9, wonder what will happen today.. im sure I will get stuff thrown at me to do..
    we are supposed to get snow on friday, and next tuesday ugggh
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Karen - Olivia is adorable! She is in my prayers!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Katla prayers for DH surgery today!

Missing Kim hoping she found a safe way to deal with brother.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Sarah you gave me a laugh, how did those kit kats jump into your mouth! >:) and why doesn't brocolli just as easilly jump in? and while we're at it, a sleeve of thin mints >:) , yeesh, that sounds like me! I avoid the siren call of the girl scout order form like the plague. I remember the days when the boxes filled up my hallways at home! I used to love freezing the thin mints, yum <3

Anyway, I prelogged food today and am rocking a pair of boots, just for the fun of it, gonna be an interesting Wednesday.

NYKAREN
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3:)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Sarah, Ontario Oddly enough, Olivia had gained too much weight due to her kidney malfunction, so the goal had been for her to get back down to her birth weight, which I believe was accomplished once she was on dialysis. But your question made me realize we haven't been asking about whether she is gaining weight and growing longer, normal sorts of things to be asking about, so we shall ask about that the next time. We did notice the last couple of photos Olivia seems to be back on oxygen. We are careful to ask only a couple of questions so we don't create a barrage coming at them. It's still a fragile situation, both with Olivia and with Katie in many ways...

Lanette and Sarah LOL!!! The dreaded Little Debbie and KitKat flanking maneuvers are apparently well-known among strategists. They join the ranks of Cheetos, Thin Mints, and Donuts, who are also sneaky and seductive with their siren songs. The CEO of my company says if it tastes good, spit it out. Not pretty, but good advice. He is over 70 and as trim as when he was a teenager.

Barbie You made me laugh about your head not holding both a headlamp and bluetooth headphones. I guess you just need an extra hand as you said! They do make LED lamps attached to a retractable dog leash. I prefer a regular leather leash rather than the retractable variety, so that wouldn't work for me, but the headlamp option is fine. Curious about which brand of bluetooth headphones you like? I'm not happy with my headphones.

Wildfires destroyed portions of 2 small Southwestern Colorado towns that I drive through on my way "home" from Denver when I visit. It's disorienting and saddening to read about and see the pictures of Fleming and especially Haxtun, both of which I have driven through numerous times in my life. Fleming has a police department that writes a ton of speeding tickets every year which generates a lot of money for the town. The speed limit applies way past the town proper to the edges of the town and you don't dare go one mile an hour over the speed limit until you are PAST the sign that indicates you can resume highway speed. My mom got a ticket in Fleming when she was on her way to Sterling for radiation treatment for her breast cancer in 1978. The police officer was a horrid man, I am sorry to say. Not an ounce of kindness or apology, just a mean old b@$t@rd who took pleasure in lecturing an already fragile woman about speeding. She was going <5 miles over the speed limit. That was a long time ago but it still makes me mad...oh my, my mind went off on a tangent, LOL!!!

Becca How is your no shampoo experiment coming along? B)

Karen from Virginia

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Aa