Options
    Kate hope it is figured out soon.

Lanette love the saying, so true.

Continued prayers or Olive.

:heart: Margaret
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Heather, we read a lot of the Ruth Galloway books last year, looks like Griffiths has a couple new ones out - I think I can download them from the library. Thank you for the reminder! <3

It really is a good mystery series!!

Lanette
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lanette - We are reading the latest, THE CHALK PIT.

Heather UK xxxxxxx

PS - For any one else, they are best read in order of writing as the characters develop.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Pip- AWww! Puppy Floyd! <3
    Sarah and Lynette- The girl scout cookies and the little Debbie's! I remember being able to eat those and not have a problem. Now I have problems! I have not ordered a box of GS cookies in years! I used to order about $30-$40 worth every year (all of my family had different "favorites"). I don't buy the Little Debbie's anymore either. As a matter of fact, I generally don't go in the chip, cookie, sweet areas of the store. My hubby on the other hand; after I shop, he usually goes out and shops for his "cupboard". That is where he keeps the treats. I just noticed he also has about 6 different cartons of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer. :/ As long as he leaves my wine and dark chocolate with chili alone, it's all good.
    Karen- I just told my hubby and son the same thing your CEO says "If it tastes good, spit it out!" Well, my advice was, "if it tastes good, it probably isn't that good for you." The guys were comparing protein bars and my sweet loving hubby doesn't like the healthier ones.
    Tonight is Tikka Masala night! I will probably serve these with more roast potatoes (potatoes were on sale this week) and perhaps some cauliflower...
    The sun is out and it is beautiful, but very windy. I took the kids out for a walk after lunch. I only have four here today because the others are home with the flu. I hope that stays away! ttfn KJ (kelly)
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!

DJ - Hurray for cute firemen! Only thing better is cute guys in kilts. What a nice service your Moose group is providing for those children.

Kate - I worry about the long term side effects, but I take omeprazole every single day. Without it I tend to randomly toss my cookies. This started a few months after I (very happily) had my gall bladder removed. My doctor knows about it, and as she said, you have to be able to eat. Anyhow, hope it works for you, or that the ultrasound gives you a definitive answer about your gall bladder.

drkatiebug - That's quite a workout! I love rowing... thinking about getting rid of the stationary bike and getting a rowing machine instead.

Becca - I like your posts, including the hair and nudist posts. (A long long time ago Philip and I used to skinny-dip on Saturdays with a bunch of cavers who swam on private land near Austin.) There's a nude beach on Lake Travis but I've only been there once because it was kind of skeevy. Sometimes there's just so much to go through I don't comment on everything, but you've inspired me to consider letting my hair color go for awhile to see what's under there now. Would sure save me a bundle not to color it.

Re - I'm a native Texan, but I still feel like an oddball outside my own circle of friends a lot of the time, especially when I'm not near Austin (which is its own separate thing). Do you know Philip and I actually had someone utter the words, "You're not from around here, are you?" to us at a gas station in Ozona? The weirdness that prompted it? Philip was wearing a fanny pack.

Mia - Miss Meriweather is just adorable! Miss Luna has to get a bath this week - she's starting to get a hot spot. Her checkup is Friday, and I think I'll ask the vet about having her shaved for the summer.

Cathy - Hey, celebrate your half-pound loss! At least you're going the right direction!

Philip and I went to a horse show this weekend. I always kind of thought we'd have horses some day, but I think at this point it's just not in the cards. We don't have the spare cash for stables and vet bills and all that stuff, and we're already tied down enough with dogs, cats, and birds. But I got to thinking maybe I'd look for a riding stable around here and make a commitment to ride often.

Made the roasted turmeric cauliflower soup again last night. It's just so good I wanted to get in one more batch before the weather gets too hot for soup.

My dad is being a pill, so I need to call my sister and see if there's anything I can do to help. She gets the brunt of it because she's local to him and more available than my brother. He was up all night with pain night before last, enough that he thought about calling for an ambulance although he decided not to. Then he didn't tell my sister about it until 6 p.m. yesterday, and refused her offer to take him to urgent care. She finally got him to promise to call his doctor this morning, so we'll see what happens.

-Yvonne in TX
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Meep. Had a sewing/embroidery class today. Learned how to do cut work. Will post picture of my sample after I wash out the stabilizer. I need a nap.

Hugs,
    Mia in MI

• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lanette - I love the "feeding or fighting" poster. I printed it out. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    gotu52 wrote: »
    I had an unfortunate occurrence last night. After exercising and eating well all day, 7 sticks of Kit Kat ended up in my mouth. Not all at the same time but in there nonetheless. This hasn't happened to me for a very long time. I know I am nervous to find out how my job is changing so that's probably it. Will do better today. Please give me heck Re lol!
    <3 Sarah, Ontario

Now Sarah... You KNOW that the Kit Kat only made you feel better for a short moment... and then the guilt set in, right? So HECK! Stop that, this instant~!

You are strong... you have the power... YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

You don't need that chocolate, do you?

Hugs!!

Re in TX
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    LOL! Sarah! I hate when that happens. Maybe you need a food safe. I put something tempting in the safe - only I call it "time out". "Get in there and stay until you can behave yourself and quit jumping in my mouth."

Ginger
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello Lissome Lasses!

I am just doing a fly-by... having another busy day. Tomorrow, I have my follow up with the Ortho Doc. The knee has been in and out, up and down, fine and sore - so I think I will hit him up for the gel injections. About half the time, I think... I can let it ride... and then it hurts again. Yikes! So, if the side affects aren't too dire, I will suck it up and take the three weekly injections of the gel. (HATE NEEDLES!!!)

I did end up going to fast food dinner, yesterday. DH had thrown out a couple of options - which I dutifully researched so I would be prepared for what I could fit into my Calorie day - but, of course, completely changed the plan when I went home and picked him up... :#

So... We did our time at the gym, and then we ended up at Taco Cabana. I had NO idea what the calorie hit was going to be, but, I figured I had room for a thousand calories after my 30 minutes on the elliptical - so what the heck... I ordered the Beef Street Tacos (3 baby diced beef tacos) and the Guisada taco. I was pleasantly full and thrilled to discover that the calories for the whole meal were under 550 - even with salsa and salsa ranch. Whoot! I had enough calories left over to indulge - guilt free - on peanut M&M's. (Must have been something in the air, Ladies...) But, I have to tell you, there is nothing more satisfying that eating chocolate and knowing it fits in the macros... LOL.

SueBDew
    - Yes Dear - I did get your message - although not until late. I sent you a reply. I will probably give you a buzz, later, to see if they sprung you.

Heather - I am so jealous of your lack of a sweet tooth! If I wasn't a carboholic, I would probably have long since been at my goal weight... Cakes, cookies, and sweets - but even worse, Chips, Nuts and Bread - call my name when they are in the house. I REALLY try to keep them away from me, as I am not always strong.

Joyce - I am so happy that your Nephew is doing well.

Today I managed to get some beans and sausage in the crockpot - so dinner is bubbling merrily away and I can go home and relax. Thank goodness! I need to get my clamshells and stretches done! DH wants to start doing some light weights in the evenings - so I will be motivated to do my PT exercises while he does.

I am pretty sure a few extra wall squats won't hurt me...

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX