WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    RE - love your mini nsv

HEATHER - glad you weren't caught up in the London outrage

Had to return my FitBit to Amazon yesterday and new one doesn't arrive until Tuesday have installed Mapmywalk on phone so will see what happens. Not sure if I will go to the gym this week as I am having cataract surgery next Friday and I pay gym on a monthly basis so not sure how soon after surgery I can go back to exercise

Note to me - do not use this as excuse to overeat

DH has planted his tomato seeds and we have decided to plant crysanthemums. We used to grow them when kids were young and they used to take bunches of them to school

Enjoyed my Spanish visit but made me realise that DH is not as fit as he was, he does have reduced lung capacity but if he paces himself he's ok. I used to leave him reading his newspaper on a bench in the sun while I walked. I need to get him to exercise a bit more but you know what they're like. Threatened to trade him in for a younger model HaHa

Need to do more laundry put stuff in crockpot and do some exercise vids and KB swings

Kate UK
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone! My DH is away until Monday visiting a friend in Rome. I was supposed to go, but our friend's wife was away and I could not see myself trudging through Rome with two giants on my own. Already I have to take two steps for every one of my husband's and his friend is not far from seven feet tall (they met playing basketball). I was doubly happy with my decision when my DH called this morning and told me about the heavy meal they had last night. My calorie goal for the entire week would have been blown! I have three whole days of the house to myself and plan to enjoy every minute.

Chris: sorry to hear about your son and daughter-in-law's dog, but what great news about your weight loss!

Lenora: my heart goes out to you for all your experiences with the medical community; I try to avoid mainstream doctors whenever I can.

Becca: you look lovely in the photo!

Gloria: what a lovely photo, a perfect angel!

Paula: I had to laugh when I read about the woman and the door knob!

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-38X 10 X 35

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    I'll be out and about most of the weekend. I will be getting a lot of walking done today.

I may be MIA for the weekend. Grandson's basketball tournament. Of course I brought my kettle bell and tennis shoes! Have a great weekend everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Up here with Faith for the morning, and also tomorrow morning, my brother is up in New Hampshire taking care of a fallen tree. Jean working the weekend to pay for the log splitter that Sean needs for the wood..
    So im helping out..and hanging out with Buddy..
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie !!! Love ya lots xoxox
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    Chris in MA - what an up and down time you've had lately!

So sorry for the loss of your dog.

Congrats on being the lowest weight in 25 years.

Mia in MI

Thanks Mia. All I can say about my life is that it's not boring and keeps me on my toes!

Chris in MA
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Barbie - hope it's as amazing as you are.

Lisa in West Texas
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbie, Happy Birthday, have a terrific day filled with everything you enjoy. We appreciate your leadership and wisdom and kind loving heart. You are a very special lady. <3

Janetr okc
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    barbie insert line dancing emojis singing Happy Birthday to you <3

Welcome Denise . my favorite quote this week "Strategy is stronger than will power ". So like Becca says: meal plan, knock out the trigger foods from your house and have choices available when you're stuck somewhere with lousy food choices. Keep logging and moving and checking in with us, this works! And perimenopause is not forever.

I forget who was in the gym checking out the guys lifting but that just made me laugh, laugh, laugh :p

Ginger I'm going to make an accountability list and start including it here cause I'm going off the rails a bit and hurting myself with night time eating. I think some accountability, little goals with strategy attached will help with what's going on here. I've got this?!?!

Re <3 look at you forgetting to eat chocolate B)

Love you all, NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    BARBIE- Happy birthday hope its a good one
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did about 45 minutes of a Les Mills strength Training DVD. Not sure what the plan will be for tomorrow since I'll be at Jess'. I do have some yoga/pilates DVD's with me. They don't take a whole lot of room to do. She called this morning and said that she usually leaves for work around 7. It really won't be a problem for me to leave early, as a matter of fact, if I leave early I might get home in time for ceramics and mahjongg.

Re - yea for you forgetting to eat that chocolate! Wonderful!

Kate - good luck on the surgery, even tho it's a ways away

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Michele in NC
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Thanks MICHELLE I have also received appointment for ultrasound that's in April Got to have blood test in April to check cholesterol etc Hate this getting old stuff

Not sure who was reading Bootleggers Daughter but I just got a copy I ordered second hand through Amazon, it is an ex-library copy from Winthrop Public Library in Massachusetts. It came from Better World Books, as a librarian I often sent discarded books to them. Never realised they received books from USA

Kate UK <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie :flowerforyou:
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    disney-graphics-douwe-dabbert-272509.jpg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie!

Cheri
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Just checking in really quick before I head out for my errand running.
    Mia The Kitchen Beach Party was for my daycare kids as our "make up your own holiday" day. I didn't tell them what our holiday was, just to dress in clothes with no pockets or cuffs (less sand spread through my house). When they walked in yesterday morning they were ECSTATIC! We did sand art and played with kinetic sand for our other activities. Of course we had SANDwiches for lunch. Sandbox was torn down this morning and the sand hauled into my backyard sandbox. I did keep some and stored it in a tub, to use for crafting and sensory play. I am counting the take down and sand hauling as my work out today. It took me about half an hour to tear down and haul all 250 lbs to the back yard!
    Denise- Welcome! Great support from these ladies! I am also one of the younger ones (turned 50 last November). I was thin as a child/teen/into my 30s; then I hit 40 and perimenopause (about 43) and the weight began to creep on. Because I am 5'8, and the weight distributed itself pretty evenly, it was easy to ignore it for quite a while. Now I am 80 lbs over my "best/goal" weight. And at 50 and menopausal, things are beginning to complain (my feet, mainly). This group helps me keep my sanity and keep my eating in check. I was a runner for a few years in my 40s, then a work injury (yes, I was injured by a two year old) sidelined my running for almost a year as my knee and ankle recovered. I haven't gotten back into running yet. But I am beginning to boost my walking so I can be running by summer. I miss it! The endorphins are the BEST!
    Chris- So sorry about your dog! Yea on being your lowest weight!
    Heather- Love your pic of you and your brother! Your eyes have not changed!
    Well, taking care of the "beach" has put me behind schedule. I will try to jump on in a bit. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Barbie! <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day Celebrating !

<3

Mary from Minnesota