Have u ever seen a dead person irl

Options
124»

Replies

• descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I'm Wiccan but my extended family is Catholic and they insist on open casket wakes for some reason? I could definitely do without seeing the dead, makeup-caked body of someone I cared about being disrespected, but I'm the designated shoulder to cry on so I always go out of duty.
    Sorry to be bitter, such an event happened in October and it's still on my mind.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Yes, a handful of them at funerals.

More closely, I stayed at my dad's side while he died from lung cancer.
  • badgerface1k
    badgerface1k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    descene wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm Wiccan but my extended family is Catholic and they insist on open casket wakes for some reason? I could definitely do without seeing the dead, makeup-caked body of someone I cared about being disrespected, but I'm the designated shoulder to cry on so I always go out of duty.
    Sorry to be bitter, such an event happened in October and it's still on my mind.
    no need to be sorry. yeah I do think it is mutilation to do such a thing and they don't even look life-like

• BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yep... three. My gran, my step-ma, and a decomposing body that washed up on a riverbank behind our house.
  • _SamIAm_
    _SamIAm_ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Besides my victims?
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes... my aunt when I was 5 years old. From there it was Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins and Parents. Might as well add friends to the mix. Then there are all the people on my wife's side...

Saw someone die in a car accident this past December, just before Christmas..

Plenty. ...
  • badgerface1k
    badgerface1k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    descene wrote: »
    no need to be sorry. yeah I do think it is mutilation to do such a thing and they don't even look life-like

I thought you were a mortician?
    I have many facets

• Savage__AF
    Savage__AF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many of them that they all just look fake to me. I see them as objects and not people.
  • Wild_Daisies
    Wild_Daisies Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yes I have. Not fun but it's part of life. Just don't watch a bunch of zombie shows before you see a body! lol