Options

Replies

• Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    No mas doritos!
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Count me in...I have less than 5lbs to lose and while that isn't the "idea" of lent, it is a motivating time and I can usually do better during lent. My goals are to log every food item everyday; workout for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week; and no candy (along with no meat today and on Fridays)!! I have gradually been increasing the amount of sweets I eat, sometimes my snacks are close to 1/3 of my daily calories - that is too many for everyday. I like the idea of a special bottle of wine for Easter...I will do the same! Blessings and good luck to all!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Day two of 47 (I forgot about the Sundays not counting in the 40 days). I was delighted with my logging yesterday- every bite logged. Even if I eat something where I don't know weight/ calories I'm still going to "guesstimate" just to keep my diary as complete as I can. That shouldn't happen often but I'm running a 10k on Saturday and am already visualising the cakes and buns for after! Keep up the good work
  • alimwilliams
    alimwilliams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting today. This feels like a great time period to achieve something significant weight loss wise and get into the habit of logging daily and honestly! Have a big family event Easter Sunday and want to look and feel great. Good luck everyone. Let's stick with this and see it through.
  • quohogtwist
    quohogtwist Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Trying for a day two streak! Logging the food. Was way under yesterday as usual the scale never changes. Will keep at this but and would like at least a little tiny change!
  • daworley
    Options
    Weird fact- in Ireland we "pause lent" for St Patrick's day 17th march. So people eat and drink what they want that day then restart lent on the 18th!

For us in the US, it depends upon who our priest is! Some do "pause" for St. Patrick's day, but not usually. Our local parish is St. Joseph's and his day is March 19, so our priests tend to "pause" for St. Joseph!
  • daworley
    Options
    How did everyone do today? I logged faithfully, worked out, didn't eat any candy, but I did have an oatmeal raisin cookie after dinner and a cup of dry cereal (my favorite evening snack). While I am thrilled I didn't eat any candy (I only reached for it once), not sure I should have had the cookie, I normally would not even eat oatmeal raisin!
  • alimwilliams
    alimwilliams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Battled through yesterday and stayed under calorie goal. Attended slimming group last night for weigh in and group support. No social events this weekend unlike the last few. Son away on a school trip this week so extra time available to get back into regular exercise. That combined with tracking everything should give me a positive result by the end of the week!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and I'm feeling good - and a bit hungry. Might try and eat a little more as i don't want to get so hungry that I start overeating.
    My medium term goal is my sister-in-laws wedding in July - I'd love to be a stone lighter to feel comfortable in a nice dress.
    Happy Friday folks.
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    I'm on track.....feeling tired today.....but it's Friday......woohoo! Got my cardio in....day 3......let's do this!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Today the real challenge begins as I have more funds available. I am also counting fast food as items in that category that I would buy from the store. So, no fries, burgers, chicken patties, yada, yada, yada. I am feeling hungry, but I think it's really just cravings as I have already eaten. I just have to hold on until my body adjusts to me not turning to food when I'm bored or having some emotional crisis or just tired.

Day 1: Check
    Day 2: Check
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in my goal is to also to exercise 5 days a week instead of giving something up.
    Day 1 ✔️
    Day 2✔️
    Day 3✔️
  • ruthievar
    ruthievar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I`m in! i started 3 days ago so far so good. Staying busy and getting my excersize in .
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I'm well into day 3 and doing good so far! Logged everything Day 1 & 2 and was under my calories both days. I'm also logging every bite, so today should be a little weird. I started the day with my usual healthy breakfast but then ended up at Costco (oh no! samples!) and then the major part of the day prepping food for my daughter-in-laws baby shower for tomorrow. It was all healthy stuff and I tried to keep track in my head (3 slices of turkey breast, 1 thin slice of ham, 20 grapes, etc). That was lunch, LOL! Dinner is going to be a clean-out-the-refrigerator kind of deal as we will be out of town for a couple days. Luckily, there's nothing terribly fattening hanging around anyway.

Still no alcohol, so that's going well. My hubby committed to a dry March, as well. By the time we get to April 1st he may just continue until Easter.

Great job everyone!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I completed another day of logging, no fast food, and exercised. I'm doing pretty good with food. I am not doing too well with water though.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Lent starts today so why don't we try to log into MFP for each of the 40 days (and try to log all food and exercise).
    Who's with me? We'll all look even more fabulous by Easter

Fine. But isn't that what we always do? I've been logging continuously for 289 days now. That's 7 times 40.
  • motivatedeeat74
    motivatedeeat74 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am all for that include me !! this is real motivation as I really have lent as my goal to change my lifestyle all around and three days in and I am doing just that!!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Battled through yesterday and stayed under calorie goal. Attended slimming group last night for weigh in and group support. No social events this weekend unlike the last few. Son away on a school trip this week so extra time available to get back into regular exercise. That combined with tracking everything should give me a positive result by the end of the week!

I'm under my calorie goal again today too. Actually 434 calories under, which is a good deficit.