Countdown to St. Patrick's Day!

Options

Replies

• The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I am just counting down the minutes to my breakfast being a Guinness float and watching The Boondock Saints. Is that a thing? No. Is that my thing? Yes.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    hunnahs26 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    So you saying we should not have irish bars or restaurant in the states??

Ppl celebrate their heritage.. and share it with others.. what's hard to understand about it?

Nah I'm not saying that? I'm asking what else they do to celebrate.. Again!! Like do they go on tours etc.

They have parades, food, Irish beer, wear green. We do lots here. It's really fun and games. Kind of like how on Christmas we put up a tree, put lights on it. Most people will wear red, blue, or green. It's just light hearted fun.

I just Rage on Arbor Day.

This year, it's on April 26th.

See, now I'm interested in what that is. I'm genuinely not trying to be rude I'm interested. Google is an option but I'm already caught up in the forum heat so I might as well just stay haha.

We take a specific day and celebrate us planting trees... It's nothing important at all.

Yeah, clean air and breathing are so over-rated! ;):D:D

Arbor Day is also a perfect opportunity to do shots of Pine-Sol without judgement.

.... well, at least, not too much judegment.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Ppl celebrate their heritage.. and share it with others.. what's hard to understand about it?

Nah I'm not saying that? I'm asking what else they do to celebrate.. Again!! Like do they go on tours etc.

They have parades, food, Irish beer, wear green. We do lots here. It's really fun and games. Kind of like how on Christmas we put up a tree, put lights on it. Most people will wear red, blue, or green. It's just light hearted fun.

See, now I'm interested in what that is. I'm genuinely not trying to be rude I'm interested. Google is an option but I'm already caught up in the forum heat so I might as well just stay haha.

We take a specific day and celebrate us planting trees... It's nothing important at all.

Arbor Day is also a perfect opportunity to do shots of Pine-Sol without judgement.

.... well, at least, not too much judgment.

I'm always taking notes as I judge you. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.
  • hunnahs26
    hunnahs26 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    alywei3773 wrote: »
    I am just counting down the minutes to my breakfast being a Guinness float and watching The Boondock Saints. Is that a thing? No. Is that my thing? Yes.

perfect!
  • Motorsheen
    Options

..... aren't The Dropkick Murphys now the St. Paddy's Day band of choice ??

I really don't know, I'm not Irish, so I don't celebrate St. Patricks Day.

also, there is an amazing lil' under-the-radar movie titled "State of Grace" that has an incredible NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade scene. (Sean Penn / Ed Harris / Gary Oldman / Robin Wright)
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,326 Member
    Options
    Again, I know I'm a piece of human crap. I was interested and I was only asking. I'm sorry if I caused anything but I never once mentioned anything about there being something wrong with having an Irish restaurant, I seen that comment as a new addition to the argument which was uncalled for but it's fine it's over. I'm a nice person but i can't word things without starting chaos.

I brought it up.. Irish pub/rest.. that's where most gather and party at St Paddy's day.

Would be odd to celebrate in a Chinese restaurant eh.. :sarcasm: smh
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

I also watch The Boondock Saints every year for St Paddy's Day, but my drink of choice is Jameson.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

.... well, at least, not too much judgment.

I'm always taking notes as I judge you. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I was more worried that you would judge me for misspelling judgement.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I also watch The Boondock Saints every year for St Paddy's Day, but my drink of choice is Jameson.

Well, lunch and dinner are Irish Whiskey, so...
    Jameson is always a good choice.
  • cee134
    Options
    Again, I know I'm a piece of human crap. I was interested and I was only asking. I'm sorry if I caused anything but I never once mentioned anything about there being something wrong with having an Irish restaurant, I seen that comment as a new addition to the argument which was uncalled for but it's fine it's over. I'm a nice person but i can't word things without starting chaos.

I brought it up.. Irish pub/rest.. that's where most gather and party at St Paddy's day.

Would be odd to celebrate in a Chinese restaurant eh.. :sarcasm: smh

And there's nothing wrong with that. Heck, I've been to Spain and Greece with Irish pubs and we have a mini Oktoberfest where I live and I worked at it as one of the waitresses. I have German relatives so I genuinely was interested in the opportunity to work there. I never mentioned anything about there being something wrong with having an Irish restaurant though. I'm traveling California later this year and I'm sure there's Irish bars there so it'll be nice to visit to feel a bit more at home. I'm sorry but when it was brought up it made me get more annoyed and that's the point when I felt like you were all out to get me haha. It's grand though, it's over I hope

If you happen to be in San Francisco. There is a bar there called The Buena Vista and is supposed to have the best Irish coffees in the world. Which may or may not be your thing. FYI - I always tell anyone going to San Francisco about that bar and the Irish Coffee because it's supposed to be that good.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,326 Member
    Options

Liquid diet ... On St Paddy's day.. awesome.. lol
  • cee134
    Options

That sounds like a fun day to me and not to far off from what I'll be doing.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I don’t know that I’ve ever celebrated this holiday
  • cee134
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I don’t know that I’ve ever celebrated this holiday

Well, I enjoyed our friendship while it lasted. :'(
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Irish coffees for breaky, go downtown to see the Chicago River dyed green, walk through throngs of drunks, pub hop for the afternoon, go to sleep before 9pm.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I don't drink on St Patrick's day because I don't really drink much anyway, just never much had the desire.
    I do enjoy St. Patrick's day though and always wear green. I do have a lot of Irish in me, so do feel a little connected to the day in that respect. I have also been listening to the Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly a lot more this month just because...