Weight loss for 19 year old girl

Options
13»

Replies

• BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    OP, I suffered from "good kid syndrome" too. My problem wasn't an eating disorder, but other than that, oh yeah I identify with @jgnatca wrote!

OP, it's okay not to be perfect. It's okay to need help. I know it's hard to ask for help, but you need to. You aren't a failure or a disappointment or a burden. I'm glad you opened up to us. We don't even know you, but we all want you to be healthy and safe. So imagine how much more your family and friends want you to be healthy and safe. Please reach out to them.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    As your performance drops eventually your coach will notice. It is your choice whether you pick the help you get or it gets forced on you.

You can either get help with your thinking while you are still at a healthy weight or spend years or never repairing the damage. (Heart, gall bladder, digestion, teeth, muscle tone, hair).

Are you going to college or anything? There should be free counselling there.

I am currently attending Columbia, majoring in biology and following a pred-med course.

How are you going to take care of others as a doctor when you can't take care of yourself? Are you going to suggest to patients that they loathe themselves, call themselves names and starve when they are at a healthy weight? No? Good. Then it's also not OK to tell yourself those things or do that to yourself. Physician, heal thyself.

If you're a college student you pay for the campus counseling center through your student fees, whether or not you use the service. So, you can afford it. And the services are confidential. You can choose to not go, but you have access to an affordable service through the campus.

Your body will not let you continue on this course. You can seek support now and begin working on retraining your mind, like you work on training your body, or do it when your body forces you to. Your road back will be so much harder and take more time, the longer you wait.

If you want to help people through medicine, you must first take care of yourself.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    OP, I suffered from "good kid syndrome" too. My problem wasn't an eating disorder, but other than that, oh yeah I identify with @jgnatca wrote!

OP, it's okay not to be perfect. It's okay to need help. I know it's hard to ask for help, but you need to. You aren't a failure or a disappointment or a burden. I'm glad you opened up to us. We don't even know you, but we all want you to be healthy and safe. So imagine how much more your family and friends want you to be healthy and safe. Please reach out to them.

Thank you. I'm currently being treated as an inpatient in a hospital back home in Boston for anorexia. Thank you everyone for helping me. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

Very glad to see this update that you're getting help. Get better and get healthy soon.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    Options
    While sorry to hear you got sick enough to need treatment; extremely glad to hear that you ARE getting the treatment that you need.

Please take care of yourself.
  • Juniper210
    Juniper210 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Thank you. I'm currently being treated as an inpatient in a hospital back home in Boston for anorexia. Thank you everyone for helping me. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

That's amazing news. I'm so happy you took the step. I wish you so much success on your path. Be easy on yourself.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

Gosh I'm so glad to hear this. I didn't see this thread when you originally posted it, and was so worried for you reading it now! Wishing you the best with your recovery.