The "whoosh"

Options
13»

Replies

• EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It is so real. I have been so meticulous in my logging and working out daily. did not notice any changes, then yesterday put on jeans that are usually very tight and were loosr. i got so many compliments on how i look different. i just smiled and said thank-you. what a nice feeling to have your work pay off, especially when you are borderline OCD about logging!
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    The other underrated factor is that your scale may be genuinely messing with you. Mine claimed I had gained 5lb this morning, and it stuck to this through 3 retries. I was suspicious, so I picked it up and shook it, then tried again. This time I had only gained 2lb (within my usual fluctuation). Digital scales can be temperamental beasts. Whatever method it is that they use to zero themselves produces some very weird effects when it goes wrong.

I've occasionally been violent with my scale too. Usually I just shake my fist at it though. ;)
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    malioumba wrote: »
    For those who do experience the "whooshes", does your body feel/look 'lumpy and squishy' AFTER the apparent 'whoosh'?

Not usually. For me, the "lumpiness" (which I'd actually call "wrinkliness") happens before the whoosh - then everything smooths out a bit.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For those who do experience the "whooshes", does your body feel/look 'lumpy and squishy' AFTER the apparent 'whoosh'?

No it feels squishy before and then its almost like my skin tightens up and smooths out. Which is great because i look hell before a whoosh its amazing how puffy 4-5 pounds of water can make you xD And its not at all just spread over my entire body. Its uneven and lumpy...Or wrinkled like @SusanMFindlay said.. My stomach feels like the ridges of a raisin sometimes XD
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else woosh on measurements? I check mine once a month and was discouraged to have increased by half an inch all over at the end of February. Measured again today and the extra is gone plus a little more; except my calves which I'm just going to pretend is muscle. Lol
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

Not usually. For me, the "lumpiness" (which I'd actually call "wrinkliness") happens before the whoosh - then everything smooths out a bit.

I'm so lumpy! Really hope I get a whoosh soon.
  • niyra17
    niyra17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Gosh i never know anything like this though it does happen to me too, very upsetting as i am doing everything right, now the last 3 weeks not lost but one of the weeks did gain a pound, really very disappointing , now waiting for Monday to weigh again and see what happens , i guess its not just me then ..hope im going through this..
    I do go to the gym as i cant due to ill health, i try and walk abit but get tired so its all over the place for me its been so hard for most of my adult life, i wish one i can see the scales show the weight i wish for.. good luck to you all..