Help settle an argument?

Options
124»

Replies

• amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I cook and do all dishes. Reason being he hates dishes, and when he cooks it's a can plopped on a plate. I cook everything from scratch and generate 3 times the dishes he does just making breakfast. I can't justify him doing that many dishes just because I prefer healthier food that he does. It works out that the kitchen is my domain and he does all the other housework. I think the breakdown is a fair split.
    And, for the record, I don't find him doing all that housework sexy. I enjoy cleaning the bathroom and wish I did it more, but he has more free time than I do so he gets to do it instead.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I clean the dishes & cook & I also do the laundry & clean the house ,plus I work ...But I have 2 say my wife gives me a break when "Antonio" comes over ...She tells me 2 take take a break & hang outside 4 awhile ...Then he Antonio go & look 4 some rats we've been having problems with in our bedroom ....I've never seen them but my wife insists we do have them & they must be huge cuz I can hear her screaming while I'm waiting .... (That Antonio is no nice cuz I would be scared) Then she asks me 2 just clean the sheets after he leaves ,guess a rat ran across them
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I do most of the cooking/cleaning. I stay at home full time now so I don't mind so much. Usually I prefer cooking because he's a messy cook - it means more work for me to clean up.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My wife and I alternate cooking nights during the week...when I cook, I'm usually cleaning up and washing as I go. My wife will pitch in if she's sees that things are starting to pile up while I'm cooking and vice versa. After dinner we put our dirty plates and utensils in the dish washer, which isn't too difficult.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Shouldn't be an argument IMO. Back in the day when a man worked and a woman stayed at home (bitching all the while about how busy and exhausted she was) I think it's fair to expect the stay at home partner to cook and clean and do dishes. These days, assuming both work, you share the load. It shouldn't be an argument or even a discussion if you're grown ups and respect each other. My hubby cooks during the week, I wash up. The opposite is true on the weekends. He vacuums, I mop. He does the washing, I fold and iron and put away. He shops one week, and I do it the next. He feeds the dog and takes the trash out and I let him have relations with me. ;) We don't discuss it, it just happens, and it's fair and no one's complaining and everyone feels valued. Easy.