Beautiful Behaviors - March 2017

Options

Replies

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Lea, it's a bad picture. it's actually grey with gold and silver flakes.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @sisiirvin, congrats on your 5 lb loss! that's a great achievement, no matter how long it takes you. just imagine how wonderful it would be to lose 5 lbs EVERY 6 months. That's 10 lbs/yr gone forever! slow and steady wins the race.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @AlisalGal , where do you live? we're covered in snow here, and the crocuses that bloomed before the storm didn't make it through :( . you sound so cheery, it makes me smile just reading your post! :)
  • CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@aleahurst Got in my eight glasses of water yesterday.

The wedding celebration last night was wonderful. Two of our friends dated 20 years ago, then married others, then reconnected two years ago and got married last month. The party last night was filled with dancing and singing and lots of love! It was perfect!

Today's goals are drinking water, walking on the treadmill and doing laundry.
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    jessiquoi wrote: »
    @AlisalGal , where do you live? we're covered in snow here, and the crocuses that bloomed before the storm didn't make it through :( . you sound so cheery, it makes me smile just reading your post! :)

Good morning! I live in Spokane WA. When people hear Washington they think Seattle, but Spokane is on the eastern border. I'm much closer to Canada than Seattle. We get all four distinct seasons, which is really nice because each season is quite beautiful. I'm sorry your crocuses didn't make it! How disappointing! I am feeling cheery; I'm trying really REALLY hard to put into practice the theory that I am in control of how each day turns out. I'm trying so hard to wake up determined that each day will be a good one. It's often a struggle and I don't always succeed; But life is short and I don't want to be unhappy. So there's my cheesy Beautiful Behavior statement of the day.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @jessiquoi great job logging. I thought of you, I was half a day behind and wasn't going to log and thought if she can do it, I can.
    @sisiirvin welcome, mental wellness is important, often we get wrapped up in losing weight but we don't truly take care of ourselves.
    @CT0526 glad you enjoyed it
    @AlisalGal great attitude, we can't control everything so we need to move forward and be happy

Update: Last night was low key, ate Mexican with my coworker and sat and watched a band. I only drank water, I'm not a big drinker plus I was driving. Didn't do too bad on my calories.
    My bf and I just completed 67 minutes of Lee Labrada chest shoulders and triceps, we're now lounging.

Thought for the day: You're closer than you were yesterday.
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    <3
    I'm a sleepy head.
    Goodnight all
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, all! Happy spring! I wish the snow would leave... it's almost all gone now, but the slushy mud is not much of an improvement. I'm hoping for a few days of good sunshine to take care of that and make it more conducive to walking. I'm not used to living where there's no sidewalks, and now that I'm out in the country, walking hasn't been happening too much.

Well, I'm back on the wagon. I've been tracking every bite for the last few days, and it feels good to be back in control. i went to yoga yesterday, which made it twice this week! I'm going to continue to go 2x/week, and try to add something else in on the other days. Yesterday I took my dumbbells (5lbs) and put them next to our gaming table, and as we played our nightly backgammon tourney, I worked out my arms and shoulders. Yay!

I truly am sick of working. I have 2.75 yrs left before retirement, and I really can't wait. I have a great job, but I've been working since I'm 16 and I'm just done, y'know? But this morning's a work day, so hi ho hi ho, it's back to work i go.

have a great one,
    jess
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok fell off the tracking wagon from Friday on. Lost in games & no real sleep or healthy behaviors. Today's healthy behavior - embrace what heppened nonjudgementally & log. Surprisingly, not too bad! Going to try to figure out how/where lost me to learn. Today already a better day.

Going to pick up the water challenge
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    shake it off, @trailgirl777. love the nonjudgement.
  • AlisalGal
    Options
    @trailgirl777 don't judge yourself any more harshly than you would judge any of us... which I suspect is not at all! Be kind to yourself. Every day is a new day and a fresh start.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Everybody is doing so well! I'm impressed with us!

Tonight, I am sleepy again....

Have a great evening.

Love to all.

Lea
  • AlisalGal
    Options
    There's almost nothing I enjoy more than being sleepy at the end of the day (my days start SO early, around 4:30 am), going through my evening routine of laying out tomorrow's clothes and packing my breakfast/lunch, washing my face, brushing my teeth, getting into bed and delude myself that I'm going to read but falling asleep two paragraphs in... bliss!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, all!

I've been fighting a bout of depression for the last few days. Today is the first day I'm in the office in over a week... I've been working from home or calling in sick. It was hard getting here, but I'm hoping that being out of the house will perk me up a bit. This is something I deal with regularly; I suffer from both depression and anxiety. I've gotten much better at dealing with the anxiety, but the depression still affects my ability to function fully.

I'm still tracking, and doing well on my food intake for the most part. Waiting to see the number change on the scale. I'm only weighing myself every 5 or so days, and yesterday didn't show any movement. Still, I'm feeling well physically from the few times I've been to yoga and my beginning to work with my little weights. Feeling taller and straighter.

How is everyone this Tuesday morning? How's the weather where you live? It's going up to the 50s here today, and I expect the snow to finally disappear. I plan on walking a bit after I get home today.

later,
    jess
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My dad's in the hospital. I was there all day yesterday. He will probably be in there most of this week. He has pneumonia, and his immune system is very weak due to having cancer, he doesn't have an esophagus, he has had a feeding tube since 2009, he has asthma, large rips in his aorta, diabetes, and much more. So when he gets sick - he gets sick and ends up in the ER sometimes. He still lives alone and gets around, he even goes on long motorcycle trips. 3 of my sisters and I live within about 10 or 15 minutes of him, so we definitely keep him in check :smiley: He's doing pretty good and I expect him to be home by the end of this week.

Sooo... probably no workouts this week. I will still log my nutrition and eat healthy. The gym is like my therapy, so I will get back as soon as I can. I feel happy when I go to the gym.

I wish everyone a happy Tuesday.

Thought for the day: Life is short, do what makes you happy.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Sherri, best wishes for your dad's quick recovery. Take care of yourself! <3
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    hey, Lea, can I count unsweetened iced tea as water?
  • CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

@aleahurst I've stuck with our water challenge this week. Hope you are doing well!

@jessiquoi Great job sticking with your tracking. I know how hard it can be to do the simplest thing while depressed. Keep up the good work.

@happysherri I'm so sorry to hear that your dad is not doing well. Remember you need to take care of yourself while you take care of him.

Yesterday it was so hard to get on the treadmill. I finally made myself do it and after the first 15 minutes, I felt great! Ended up walking for 50 minutes. Today is an exercise rest day because I managed to walk for 4 days in a row.

Tomorrow I hope to drink water, stay in calorie goal, and walk on the treadmill. I'm also going to tryout the new dumbbells that I bought. I'll let you guys know how that goes!

Good luck to everyone!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @CT0526 - yep! Good for us! It is having a mild positive impact on my ability to stay within calories.

@trailgirl777 - Good for you! Get back to tracking and logging and drinking water. What day are you on?

@Butts_Boys_and_Burgers_ohmy - First, I'm having trouble typing your screen name with a straight face! I love it. Welcome. Tell us how you intend to treat yourself well this week!

@rdevol - I'm a little envious of those who are able to do food prepping. It's a really good idea. hmmmm

@BradleysMommy22 - Have you done a beautiful behavior for this week?

@KimF0715 - How is it going? Prayers going up for your family.

@zzmdfh - We have something in common. I used to be 5'10" tall and 130 pounds. I thought I was fat! Ha! My metabolism was slightly faster than a jet engine. At the rate of weight loss I'm seeing now, I should be at 200 pounds in 2 years. You've lost 12 pounds! Yay!

@AlisalGal - the bike sounds like a great idea. In fact, you sound like a pretty cheerful spring lady! way to go!

@sisiirvin - Hey, I am impressed with a 5 pound weight loss! But it doesn't define who you are. What is in your heart defines what you are. When people get overwhelmed, it's because they care.

@happysherri - I still love your thoughts for the day!!!!... You're closer than you were yesterday! I carried that one and giggled for a whole day. Prayers going up for your father.

Jess - I'm so glad you are back to tracking and going to yoga. You pulled yourself out of that rut! Now, as for substituting iced tea for water.... I'm not sure. I count my water separate from my coffee and tea. I will say this, you have to make that decision based upon what your body is saying it needs. My body says "uh-uh. that ain't water". But I have found that decisions about wellness are really diverse and dependent on the individual. Be good to yourself.

The closer you get to retirement, the more you realize you cannot do this for the rest of your life. Hang in there for a few more years. You will make it.

Now, for me. I think my oxygen is low. I spent two days mostly in bed thinking about what I would rather be doing. Then, in desperation, ordered a pulse-ox device to measure my oxygen levels. I'm so thankful that I live where I live. It is a real gift from God. Well, if you don't believe in God, then just call it a "blessing". I can go outside when I'm blue and take off my shoes and feel mother earth and watch the bees and get visited by a cat... sigh. wonderful. a red-headed woodpecker serenaded me. They have a unique song.

Jess, the next time I'm down from this, I'll say a prayer for me and you both! Sounds like you went through something too.

My beautiful behavior for tomorrow:
    Go outside, take off shoes, smile.

That's it. My love to you all!

Lea
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Well, I PLANNED the meals, but my follow-through wasn't ideal. ;( But I got to spend some quality time with the hubs instead, which is important, too. I will try, try again this weekend. My beautiful behavior today will be to lavish love upon my 16-year-old daughter, who is returning today from a week-long Appalachian Trail hike with her schoolmates. It'll be great to have my baby back home again! :smiley: