Beautiful Behaviors - March 2017

Options

Replies

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! It's a chilly 42 degrees here in MD, but the sun is strong. I hope to see the horses across the street out in the field now that the snow is gone.

John made me a beautiful and healthy dinner last night, and we spent a lovely evening together which totally got me out of my funk. I'd already made a lot of progress in that area just by going in to the office and being with people. All of your feedback and caring statements helped too!

Today I plan to continue tracking, and drink all my water. No iced tea today, I'm at home and that's an office thing.

What are your plans for the day for keeping on program? Doing anything new? Any beautiful behaviors becoming a healthy habit yet?
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your thoughts. I am so tired. Last night I went to eat with my sister and nephew after visiting my dad at the hospital. We ate Italian and I decided later to log it.... and guess what, I only went over my calorie goal by about 100 calories! I rearranged my son-mom dinner date for tomorrow night because I am pooped and want to go home after work today. Then maybe go to the hospital after that - unless he gets to go home today.

Update: Still eating well, however I probably won't start back at the gym until this weekend. I am pooped, hospitals and lack of sleep is doing me in right now.

Keep up the great work, everyone.

Thought for the day: Fitness goal #1 don't get comfortable. ***This! I am always changing up my programs and nutrition. Because my body adapts to everything I'm doing and I want results. My weight training program will be complete within the next week and I am already researching the next lifting program I will be adding to my calendar. *This is exciting to me :smiley:
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    We must be in day 6 of our water challenge. I'm sick of water and about to rebel with all coffee and tea. Bwahaha water! Body! Wait. That's my body I'm rebelling against. Shucks.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    beautiful behaviors for tomorrow:
    1. Go outside barefoot and dig toes into grass, uh weeds.

It's day six, right? Did we all make it?

Love to all,

Lea
  • CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst I do think it's been six days! We did it! I'm really not missing my diet coke and I just automatically reach for water. I did make some iced green tea yesterday. I like it plain with no sweetener or lemon. But I did get in all my water.

I've been able to stick with my goals this week for walking and calorie intake. The past two days I've found that I'm not hungry at all and am struggling to get to 1200 calories. My husband feels the same way. We know we need to eat the minimum. I'm guessing it will only happen for a couple of days and will sort itself out.

Today is a rest day so no treadmill, but I'll keep up with my water goal and tracking my calories

Have a great day!
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Been a rough last few days & today I'm on pins & needles. I have a mass in my breast & underwent biopsy. Today I should find out the news. Scary stuff - sooo stress eating, failed the water challenge but I'm logging my stress eating. I know many have walked this path. My beautiful behavior is trying to meditate & get some sleep even if not enough. Trying to think positive & put one foot in front of the other.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

@trailgirl777, hang in there. good for you for logging your stress eating! keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you.

@CT0526, congrats for sticking with your goals!

lea, I didn't make it yesterday, water wise :(. I ran out of what I consider "drinkable" water. still without a kitchen, I don't have my water filtration system installed yet, so I've been buying huge bottles that generally last me a week... this week with the extra drinking, I ran short! so boo for yesterday, yay for the rest of the week.

sherri, how's your dad doing today? are you getting enough rest and taking care of yourself? thinking of you!

later,
    jess
  • kittens_info
    kittens_info Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This morning I was like why bother?. I had been doing good eating and logging for the past 5 days. Exercise is getting there. 2x in past 5 days.
    But yesterday at work there were cookies and I ate 3. I was not hungry I did it Cuz they were there. So this morning I was why bother? Then I had a mind shift, today is a new day. A new day to eat healthy, new day to work out, and a new day to be a happy me. . Now that the day is over, I had a great day. Ate correctly and logged everything. Worked out as much as I could with my sciatic acting up.

Anybody else have thoughts of why bother? How do you shake it off?
  • happysherri
    Options
    @aleahurst - great job on the water and taking some time outdoors to enjoy the fresh air. I fail at the fresh air challenge a lot because I end up doing things indoors on the weekends (I don't know why).
    @CT0526 - wonderful work on the water and mindfully eating. Yes, definitely get enough fuel for your body.
    @trailgirl777 - Wowzers! Praying and sending good vibes your way. I say for now - allow yourself to eat what sounds good and just try and eat smaller portions because that is more than stressful!
    @jessiquoi - I drink tap water, it's city water. I hardly ever buy bottled water, but I understand in certain areas tap water is not so good. Hope you get more water to drink lol I've been reading and see that you are doing a good job logging, which is inspirational to me. Keep it up
    @kittens_info - girl, YES! I have those moments. FANTASTIC - you passed the test! The hardest part of the fitjourney is "falling" and picking yourself back up! ****Although, if you ate healthy all day and had 3 cookies, I don't think that's bad at all. It's called balance. Love your attitude!

Update: Dad is home from the hospital and doing well. I went to dinner with my son last night and couldn't finish my meal - that never happens. I am looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow, since this past week has been hectic.

***** Guess what??!!! - I weighed myself this morning and am down 2.2 lbs from my last weigh in! I was at a plateau for about 3 weeks, then went down a half a pound, then hit another plateau for a couple of weeks and then boom! So this is a good thing. However, I thought to myself "I'd rather see more muscle definition than any number on a scale going up or down." So, this weight loss is just the sprinkles on an already awesome dessert!!!! LOL

Thought for the day: 3 months from now you will Thank yourself. *Goes back to - if you eat that cookie or skip that workout, you just have to keep on going and never give up! We may crawl, we may walk or we may run but we will all get there!!! I completely believe this.
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great news on the health front! Thanks for all the well wishes & I wish everyone gets my results! What a wake up call to get my life in order though.

@kitten_info what a great win in the attitude!!! Right there you got this!

@happysherri your dedication is amazing & massive grats on busting thru though those plateaus! You worked hard for it! Awesome success!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Wow. My emotional health has been a rollercoaster ride for several days.

One of the things that keeps me on goal is to come here and confess what I did. Really. Do I want to let the public know that I stopped 15 footsteps short of my steps goal? I put the bad attitude aside and walk to my garden and back. There. 53 steps. Goal met.

I'm writing this from a chair in the backyard. Bare feet. Feeding my sense of touch.

Thank you for all the encouragement. Today is a "just me and God" day. I feel fragile.

I am full of gratitude to have found all of you. So, there is joy in this day.

Lea
  • CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst I love bare feet outside! Reminds me of being a kid. Congrats on making that step goal.

@trailgirl777 So glad you got good health results!

@happysherri Happy to hear that your Dad is doing well. I have an ailing mother on hospice right now, she has dementia, and it can be very stressful. Glad you will be getting back to the gym this weekend! I also love your thought for the day. I keep telling my self that same sentiment.

I walked on my treadmill today for 45 minutes. I also used my new dumb bells and did squats with a kettle bell. It was fun. I'm looking forward to adding those tools to my workout. My husband now wants to get some heavier weights to use.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend full of Beautiful Behaviors!
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    As an attempt to eat less bread I tried making Cauliflower Pizza. It actually was awesome.
    http://damndelicious.net/2016/07/13/best-cauliflower-pizza-crust/
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Hope things are going well.

Going to use the weekend to regroup, rest and meal plan. I am exhausted.

I had been very proud of myself for busting out of my funk and depression and being as uplifting as possible. I am going to have to struggle with this again.

Funeral was yesterday.

The capsule version of the story: I lost my mother in 2011 to cancer. She was only 59. It was a major tragedy for my whole family. She not only left me, my dad and my brother behind, but her own father and two sisters. My grandfather passed away about 3 years later, in his 80s.

My mother's two sisters (all three were close in age...only a year apart each) rallied around me. I was left without my mother and they wanted to be sure to be there for me. And for my 7 year old daughter, who was very attached to my mom. She had been the oldest of the three.

In 2015, the middle sister was diagnosed with cancer as well. She fought for a year and a half, and we buried her in December of 2016 at the age of 63. I was shaken to my core. God took my aunt as well. Why?

My mother's youngest sister was completely heartbroken and lost. She was doing her best to keep her chin up, with a new grandchild on the way...busily planning her daughter's shower.

She needed to have a hernia repaired. She entered the hospital on March 13. During surgery, something went wrong, she became septic and never had a chance. She died on March 15, at the age of 62. Just three months after her sister.

We are all completely shell shocked.

I'm doing my very best, but I think I'm going to struggle for a while. If nothing else, logging meals and trying to exercise will be very good self care. But my go-get-'em attitude is lost.

I keep on swimming.....but I feel like I'm drowning.

Ttys....Kim

• romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've never been very good at self care. Throughout my life other people, whether they be friend or family, have always been put before me by myself. I don't know why this has always been, but maybe a little motivation could help break the mold. Add me!!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    welcome, @romade188 .

Kim, my heart goes out to you. no words. just hugs. <3

@CT0526 great job on the workouts!

lea, i have the devilish urge to tickle your bare feet! are you ticklish? hee hee hee

@trailgirl777 congratulations on the great news! :):):)

sherri, love the new picture! i have well water now. first for me.

@kittens_info every day is like that for me. every day is a struggle. as long as we keep going we are successful.
  • happysherri
    Options
    @trailgirl777 good news, yay
    @aleahurst confess it and keep pushing. You're doing wonderful
    @CT0526 Whew, tired just reading your workout, stupendous job
    @kevinf2380 I like cauliflower pizza, I'm gonna check that out. ♡♡
    @KimF0715 hugs and sending good vibes. I lost my mom about 3 years ago to cancer, she was the center of our family, we all gravitated around her. She was the type that saw good in everyone.
    @romade188 I use to put everyone before myself and was running on empty, glad you recognize this and we can work on ourselves. Welcome
    @jessiquoi thanks. Well water, that explains it. My friend had that growing up, I remember. :smiley:

Update: Had Mexican food last night and a Margarita. I'm such a light weight, I hardly ever drink, 1 drink and I was tipsy. Delicious and well earned splurge meal. Today I start back at the gym, leg day! Then probably a lazy day after that.

Thought of the day: You are worth it! You are worth the healthy good food you eat, you are worth the time you take for yourself, you are worth the happiness you receive and you are worth all the hard work.
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Gosh it sounds like it's been a rough week for many of us! Me too. I've been in a funk and haven't been tracking or posting. I'm pulling myself together and will get back to work. Best wishes to everyone who is struggling with sadness and loss. Life can be a real b!tch sometimes.
  • aleahurst
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yesterday, I took a day off from taking care of myself. Not that I planned it. I just wore out. I took my mother and my son to dinner. It was my son's birthday. We sat at a table where we watched buzzard hawks soaring over about ten miles of rocky deep valley. We looked down over the waterfalls. We walked the boardwalk. Mom wasn't up to the 12.5 mile hike around the falls. I wasn't quite that energetic either.

I met my step goal. I met my water goal. Then Mom bought us an all-natural chocolate bar to split for desert. It was soooo good. It contained raw sugar, instead of natural sugar. It had raw vanilla. It had raw cacao nibs. mmmmm. I didn't log a thing and I have no idea how I would re-create it!

So, I start over today! And, I'll keep my feet away from Jess! Yes I am ticklish!

@romade188 - Welcome! We will sure encourage you to be good to you! You need to come here about once a day and talk to us, we will respond. We're like that.

@happysherri - I love the new pic! wooo!

@trailgirl777 - okay! good news! Now.... Take good care of you.

@KimF0715 - What an event. I'm so sorry for your family. I'll keep you and yours in prayer for a while, okay?

@kittens_info - What you described is quite common. Me and so many others have those kinds of moments. You don't have to make it through a month of dieting. You don't have to make it through a week. You don't even have to make it through a day! You only have to make it through right now. So, take care of yourself in this moment. Make a decision to live as though right now is meaningful. Because in the end, "right now" is the pivotal moment when all things matter. Now, there will come a day when I'll need you to preach that back at me!

@CT0526 - Good job of staying active! wooo!

Okay. my next challenge is to prep food for six days. I'm not sure what this means for me. I have ingredients and will have to wander about the house and yard and just make decisions. I rarely prep food. So, this is a very new challenge!

I'm bored already. Six days of prepping food? ugh!

Who here is willing to hold me accountable? I secretly hope nobody wants to and I still know it is the right thing....

Love to all

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, all!

i'm going through a thought process today that is driving me bonkers. i didn't go to yoga this weekend, and i'm disappointed in myself, but at the same time, i had a yucky visit with the dentist and some more to come, and i needed to chill and didn't feel like pushing myself. i am so hard on myself, and know that i am, so i never really know if i deserve to chill or deserve to feel disappointed. do you ever experience that?

i hope you are all having a beautiful monday! it's drizzling here, but warm.

later,
    jess