Replies

• blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Still have some good scars as reminders of pushing my bicycle to the limit
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Tha actually reminds me of a funny story.
    I was coming home one night and I took a shortcut through a local cemetery.
    Now it was Summer, so it wasn't " A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT " there about 50 yards a head of me was a hedge and behind the hedge I could see ( from about the chest up ) a Nun moving behind the hedge.
    The freaky thing was, her head wasn't bobbing, there was no cadence to indicate steps - well *kitten* me, this Nun was floating. Bare in mind how quickly your thought process can work.
    I was absolutely terrified for about 2 seconds - until she went past a gap in the hedge and I saw that she was on a bicycle.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I was a naughty child.... expelled from to schools. First time.. was when I a set a popsicle stand on fire on the table in the art room...
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Having unsafe sex with random guys. Ugh!
  • Free2LiveAgain
    Free2LiveAgain Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I stole a pad of hall passes and got the teachers signature down to a T. Used to give them out to my friends.. I should have charged lol

I was always getting in school detention, or after school, but since I usually had dance class the same nights my parents never found out.

I skipped school.. a lot.

My friends and I went "stump jumping" in cars in the woods, drunk. I don't know how the cars didn't get ruined.

Bonfire parties. Alcohol, smoking, etc.

Parties.. lots and lots and lots of parties.

They were truck drivers, so they'd be gone like 2 weeks at a time. Those 2 weeks, so much crap. No supervision for an out of control teenager.. plus internet. I'm thankful someone didn't kill me.

So many more stupid things.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    ketomaniac wrote: »
    Saxophone as well among other things

I feel a band camp story coming on.

I have the best band camp stories
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    most things I did as a teenager were stupid
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Snuck out of the house a couple of times but that was the extent of my daring deeds in HS. 1971. Was a pretty well-behaved kid. Didn't start getting in trouble until I was a Marine living away from home.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Snuck out of the house a couple of times but that was the extent of my daring deeds in HS. 1971. Was a pretty well-behaved kid. Didn't start getting in trouble until I was a Marine living away from home.

Chesty-Puller-brig.jpg
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    -Climbed trees over 100 feet high to the very top and would hang upside down from certain branches with my legs.
    -Explore a factory nearby my house growing up, and to get onto the roof, you had to climb a ladder that was laying across a very weak catwalk. The roof was ready to cave in spots as well, so yeah, kind of stupid but I don't regret it.
    -Smoke cigarettes and smoke bamboo sticks to be cool.

I wouldn't change the childhood I had for anything. I miss those days at times.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Great thread OP.

I have far too much to add to this unfortunately :# one at a time....

I had a teacher who was really kind to me and I was awful to him. On one occasion I had overheard him talking to another teacher about "marriage issues". Next day when I arrived late, yet again, he shouted at me and I said "what's the matter sir? Not getting any from your wife?" Everyone laughed...he cried...I felt like the worst person alive....karma got be back though...10 years later I now work in a school...guess who also works there.... :#

Someone gave me the idea! ;)

And I think we all have said things we regret. It's gotta be super awkward working with him now though. Is he still married to the same lady?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Jesus where to begin

I went to Prague with roughly £30 in my pocket and stayed for 4 months.
    I had an affair with my Mothers best friend.
    Started working as a bouncer at 16 - telling people older than me that they couldn't come into the bar I was working in.
    I took ALL the drugs.
    Got 17 stitches in my hand when I punched a guy on the other side of a window.
    Was almost expelled for punching a teacher ( not so sure this is stupid, he made an insulting remark about my mother )
    Slept with a Mother and Daughter within 3 months of each other.
    Crashed my Uncle's car.

I'm amazed my mother made it through my teenage years, I was kind of a little *kitten*. I've since apologised profusely for the *kitten* I put her through.
    Did your mum find out? I have so many questions!

LOL Right? Me too!
  • CassBurgos83
    CassBurgos83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The principals son and I broker into the guidance office stole the report card printer paper and made fake report cards and sold them to other students with bad grades...We were in after school detention for weeks
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    -Climbed trees over 100 feet high to the very top and would hang upside down from certain branches with my legs.
    -Explore a factory nearby my house growing up, and to get onto the roof, you had to climb a ladder that was laying across a very weak catwalk. The roof was ready to cave in spots as well, so yeah, kind of stupid but I don't regret it.
    -Smoke cigarettes and smoke bamboo sticks to be cool.

I wouldn't change the childhood I had for anything. I miss those days at times.

Aren't you still a teenager??

Why do I love you so much when all you do is throw negativity into my life and make me cry myself to sleep?
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    We used to explore burnt houses. Go upstairs in a rickety, half falling down structure, and I was the fat kid.
  • rogerlamar6
    rogerlamar6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My high school buddies and I went swimming on hot summer nights inside the local water tower. Once you jumped the fence, it was easy peasy to climb the ladder and get inside. My apologies to all those in my community who drank my toe jam.
  • Jalexander33
    Jalexander33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I skipped A LOT of school days. So many I am ashamed to even mention the amount. My mother thought I was a complete lost cause.
    I was able to pull out the win by graduating from College and show her and myself I wasn't lost. I just needed that tough love she would deliver.
  • Free2LiveAgain
    Free2LiveAgain Posts: 966 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I left my dads at 17, early senior year, and had half my crap in a storage unit living out of that and my car and crashing on people couches. One lady ended up being like bat-*kitten* crazy. Then another guy who was still married but separated. Totally regret that. One time his wife's mom came down the road as I was pulling out of the driveway and I had to out drive her and lose her on the country road for like 10 minutes as she tried to chase me down. Staying at that school wasn't worth it anymore, dropped out and moved back to my moms. Should have stayed in school. Got my GED later.. but I gave zero F's about stuff back in those days.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    My teens were 50 years ago but reading this thread brought back a lot of memories of the *kitten* I did too.

Barring felonies, we only regret what we didn't do. LoL
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Rode on the back of a car for about 20 feet, fell and had to go to the ER with a concussion and no skin on my back. Said I was riding on Pegs of a bike.
    Went on a "school trip" to St Louis by myself via train ride to meet a boy I was friends with the year after he moved.

Oh! Ouch! We did that too but on one fell off.

I "visited" a lot of colleges my senior year. Or at least that's what my parents thought but really I was going back to the same college every time to the same frat house to party.

Yeah - my friends at the time were jerks, intentionally came to a stop then gassed it and turned. Didn't realize how bad that could end up at the time. They left and I walked home to go to the ER.