women where do you get your exercise clothes from

Options

Replies

• RunningMermaid
    RunningMermaid Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Buy everything, including my race suits, from goodwill.
    I can buy brand new spandex for no more than 4 bucks on a good day.
  • Janina1987
    Janina1987 Posts: 92
    Options
    Bump
  • gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada and I get most of my athletic gear from Sports Check and H&M (they have gear that looks like its from Lulu!!)
    :-)

H & M? I didn't realize they did sports stuff in there. I am going into town later, going to take a look! :flowerforyou:

Me too, I had no idea. I am going to check it out as well, I get my super skinny son jeans from there. He loves the skinny jeans and I like the price ;).
  • kellywa1179
    kellywa1179 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like Cahmpion from Target, and Danskin from Walmart. Inexpensive, but decent quality.
  • jenniferfiedler
    Options
    Under Armour from the outlet store :)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I have everything from Walmart to Lululemon to O'Neill, and more obscure items from Petzl and Meander. If I think I might trash my clothes in a less-than-body-width canyon, I find something at a thrift store.
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I usually purchase from various online stores, but can sometimes find great deals at Marshalls and T.J.Maxx.

Favorite brands include: Hylete, Kyodan, prAna, Marika, MPG

I'm in love with the Hylete, Kyodan, and MPG athletic pants/tights because they're made with a thicker fabric, but provide great moisture wicking and are super comfy.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I get most of mine from Tj Maxx, Marshalls, and even Ross.
    They;re the same great brands but half the price.
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Buy everything, including my race suits, from goodwill.
    I can buy brand new spandex for no more than 4 bucks on a good day.

4hmqq.gif

i find Nike Dri Fit spandex for $6.56 (usually $45-$60 in the regular stores) I have about 8 pair and i always pick them up when i see them

Also tons of workout shirts, (t shirts, tanks) Nike, Reebok, Fila, etc for around .99 - 1.91 apiece

Lots of running shirts too (races that people have ran and they get a free dri fit shirt) for the same .99 apiece
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    WALMART
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi Well I just joined a gym and went to my first exercise class on Sunday. I was just wondering where you get your exercise clothes from? I really like luluemon but find them expensive especially when still losing weight. I find old navy activte line doesnt look great on your butt. Any suggestions would be helpful.

lululemon may be expensive but there stuff really lasts. I have pants that have been thru 2 pregnancies, as well as me varying between a pants size 0 to a size 2. Champion brand from Target seems to hold up well too. I can't speak for their pants, but I have many of their sports bra type tops that have lasted me several years. Pants that didn't last long for me were Hard Tail and Old Navy. The colors fade super fast and the spandex is really low quality so everything stretched out way too easily making everything baggy. If you have an outlet center near you, you can get great deals at Nike, Puma & Adidas outlets as well. There is also Nordstroms house brand - Zella, that holds up well and is relatively inexpensive (around $40 for pants).
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx has some great brand name items for a fraction of the price! I like wearing Nike and UA...I buy all my stuff at TJ Maxx lol
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I buy UA and Nike Dry Fit from either ****'s Sporting Goods or Road Runners Sports. I will also pick them up at the outlets if I go there. I only buy when they're on sale and I usually stick with black capris or shorts and then just buy a variety of tops so I can mix and match everything.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I buy the sale racks at Sport's Authority. I like Champion sports bras, and love Kohl's TekGear. I also have found good deals at Costco and Kmart. I don't spend loads of $ on any of it and I'm rough on it all.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    A fellow Canadian here and it's hard to find good but inexpensive workout gear here. I go to Old Navy because I can fit into their XXL stuff or Wal-Mart because they have plus size. I'm still pretty big, so it really limits my options. Mark's Work Wearhouse also has some workout gear but you may want to watch for a sale. Targets are slowly opening up in the area I live in, but the 2 I've gone to don't carry plus size anything, much less workout gear. But I may look there next time I need something - be interesting to know how their sizing works here.

there are also the usual athletic stores - National Sports, Sports Chex etc. Again, expensive, but at least you can find the Under Armor, Nike and other name brands there.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I like Champion from Target, and Danskin from Walmart. Inexpensive, but decent quality.

^^^This. Bras though I order from champion.com or JMS.com as I have to get a "real" sports bra for maximum support that is fitted for the band and cup size. No pull over, uniboob bras when you are a DD. And shoes I definitely go with a good quality shoe like New Balance or Nike that is designed for what I am doing.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I buy Tuff Athletics from Costco (Canada) and I couldn't be happier with the stuff. I get pants for about 17.99 and I think my racerback tanks were about 15.00 each. I've also got a couple of hoodies or sweaters from there for about 20.00 and they are all awesome. It wasn't excruciating when I had to go one size down either :p
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I wear a lot of Under Armour and Nike. Sports Authority has sales a lot and if you're a member you get coupons that can be combined too. There's an UA sample sale twice a year and I stock up when it happens. Can't beat getting $600 worth of gear for around $200.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Under Armour outlet in Washington
    Silver icing - online store - bc company
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    Thrift stores. All of it. Exercise clothes are one of the easiest things to find secondhand bc most ppl don't stick with their workout plans and then donate the clothes, barely worn if at all. Cheap and ethical.