women where do you get your exercise clothes from

Options
123457»

Replies

• tjthegreatone
    Options
    I'm from the UK. We have TK Maxx here. Very handy. I also sometimes convert old cotton tops/T shirts to workout clothes once they're not dressy enough anymore. Online (ebay in particular) is a brilliant source of very cheap new workout clothes if you're willing to wait a week for the item to arrive from China/Singapore and you're willing to take a slight gamble on the sizing.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I just wear shorts and a t shirt, or sweatpants and a t-shirt. Frequently just a bra and panties if I'm on the elliptical. No special clothing just for working out.
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm in Canada, so I get my workout clothes from Winners. Avia, Reebok, Nike, Puma, Spalding, Champion, Adidas, all of it. I recently got some Nike dry fit running shorts for $12.00. Winner's is owned by the same company as T.J. Max and Marshall's state-side, and T.K. Max in Europe, so you can probably find the same kind of deals there too.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I live in the US, and I generally buy cheap workout clothes from Target. They have the Champion brand. I hang dry my work out clothes after washing, so they generally wear for a long time. They also have great sales, so this works well for me!
  • kchepesiuk
    Options
    Old Navy and Target (since we just got one here) Try and get on clearance also! No point in paying full price, especially since your going to work your way out of it :)
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Got my bra at Sport Chek. The rest I just wear shorts and t-shirts ( got the shorts at Yucky walmart).
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    When I was starting out I got a bunch of stuff from target and tj maxx. Once I lost 16 lbs and started wearing smalls and had to get new stuff I went to Athleta. But this is only because I'm not planning on getting significantly smaller.
  • Birdiebull
    Options
    I splurge on shoes, shorts, and tights. Good quality clothes last much longer (my fave running shorts were $60 and are still awesome 8 yeas later) and you need to get whatever shoe supports your physiology and activity, or else you risk injury (doesn't necessarily mean you need an expensive shoe, but choose fit over price!)

I buy winter running tights (really nice and warm ones) in the spring or summer, and running shorts in the winter. Huge discounts at department stores after Christmas on running shorts!

To save money, I usually try on clothes at high end specialty stores and then buy on online (Amazon or similar).

Target has pretty good, inexpensive sports bras, socks, and technical tees and tanks.
  • amandaramsee
    Options
    My clothes are getting tighter I am gaining bulk and my weight is actually staying the same, SO I have changed my all track suits unfortunately. Last time I bought exercise clothes through ebay or some online retailers shop usually. I am actually preferred to find discount coupon codes and got Promo code on http://www.ezcouponsearch.com/6pm-Coupons_cm_3387.aspx to avail 50% discount on exercises clothes.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just buy mine from Walmart . They work just fine.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    For shoes yes I splurge because I think the name brand ones are better made and more comfortable.
  • Saraisamom
    Saraisamom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Target for workout clothes. They have a clearance rack in the fitness section that I scope out every time I am there. I've gotten great sports bras and yoga/workout pants for $5-$10. I usually spend money on quality shoes at sporting good stores because I have bad knees.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    old navy is having an athletics sale- 40% off quiet a bit of their stuff
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    If there are any larger plus ladies reading this, JC Penney has some AWESOME pants in their Xersion (sp?) line for plus. I LOVE the compression style capri leggings X 100. Mine are 1X though and getting a bit large so it's more for women size 18 and up (currently in between 16-18 myself). I think I paid $10 for one pair and $8 on clearance for the second, definitely check it out if you are larger.

I get most of my workout tops from TJ Maxx but I got one from K-Mart that's my favorite (so naturally they don't carry it anymore)