Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    If humans weren't designed to drink cows milk, then how can you explain oreo's? They're milk's favorite cookie. Oreo's were manmade, henceforth humans were designed to drink cows milk through the consumption of oreos.

Win. 20266571.jpg
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    If humans weren't designed to drink cows milk, then how can you explain oreo's? They're milk's favorite cookie. Oreo's were manmade, henceforth humans were designed to drink cows milk through the consumption of oreos.

Win. 20266571.jpg

h50999C17
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    LOL. Now I want a glass of milk and I am allergic! Guess my soy milk will have to do. Definitely not the same with Oreos.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    And this is why I drink almond milk. that and because the fact that its a cows breastmilk grosses me out
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory, which states that this has already happened ~ Douglas Adams
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    And this is why I drink almond milk. that and because the fact that its a cows breastmilk grosses me out

HAHAH THIS ^^^^ almond milk FTW
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Did you know that in order for a cow to produce milk she must be pregnant. The cows are KEPT pregnant year round to produce it. The girl calves are kept to raise as new cows & the cycles starts again. The boy calves are killed as young as 5 days old as they become useless to milk production. 5 days old. Separated from their mother & killed because they are a boy.

Think about THAT when having your cows milk. The dairy industry won't tell you that either.

Hi. PETA called. They asked you quit embarrassing them.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    so unnatural, do you think cows put out 1% and 2% milk? NO it's processed, probably with chemicals

I'll bet it even had chemicals when the cows put it out!!!

Yes from all the antibiotics and steroids

Yep I stopped drinking milk 2 years ago. I was enlightened in environment biology about the animal factories

You did read the posts from the Phd in the thread that stated the milk can't go to the dairy/creamery if it tests for antibiotics, etc.., right?
  • aliciaconcha90
    Options
    I love milk :/
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I could really care less what other people eat/drink. I know what I provide for my family and teach my kids to eat. Heck, the way I see it, if it wasn't for MFP and the members here, I wouldn't have as much knowledge of what foods to avoid.

I joined this site not to lose weight, but to see what other people were eating to bring them here to lose weight. It has helped me purchase and grow better food.

So to the unhealthy eaters, I thank you for providing me with your open diaries and being part of the statistics I am trying to avoid.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options

I don't even do almond milk because it reminds me of MILK, and milk is disgusting. BUT I can do protein shakes as long as I use water! Ain't that a blip?? It's still milk!. But still milk is disgusting.
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Im in disbelief ....???!!!!! All i can say is wow wow wow ,
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    no dairy here...gave it up about 10 years ago after reading a lot of info on it....many other ways to get calcium and vitamins needed:)
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I could really care less what other people eat/drink. I know what I provide for my family and teach my kids to eat. Heck, the way I see it, if it wasn't for MFP and the members here, I wouldn't have as much knowledge of what foods to avoid.

I joined this site not to lose weight, but to see what other people were eating to bring them here to lose weight. It has helped me purchase and grow better food.

So to the unhealthy eaters, I thank you for providing me with your open diaries and being part of the statistics I am trying to avoid.

and that has to do with milk.....how?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Hmm, you join a site full of people making a "lifestyle change" to see what they ate before they changed their lifestyle, then post how much you learned from it on a thread re: cow's milk. Makes perfect sense.
  • brandi22479
    brandi22479 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So all of you crying BS... watch this video.

What? Faked? Photoshopped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzS8p727gvM

explain it.

enjoy your milk.

I watched the video, without the audio given that sound tracks and narration tends to appeal to emotions and distract you from what you're actually seeing.

What I saw was a good portion of pictures without context that could be sad or benign depending on the actual context. The majority of what I saw that was clearly animal abuse appeared to be at one location.

I am well aware that there are some places with practices that are completely deplorable, but using one place to suggest that all or most places are this way, as well as using arguably benign photographs to suggest abuse, puts the source into question.

Hmmm, so wonder if the milk in your coffee or cereal came from this one place???? Guess you'll never know.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    BTW, humans were designed to find food using our brains. It makes a lot more sense to use an animal for food without killing it. Humans have been drinking blood and milk loooong before you and I were put on this earth. To say we weren't designed for milk is just plain ignorant to the facts.

I agree, also using the word "designed" when talking about humans is pretty ignorant too!

That's a matter of opinion. The food issue is a matter of fact.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    In for round two of one of the most ridiculous topics evah.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    So all of you crying BS... watch this video.

What? Faked? Photoshopped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzS8p727gvM

explain it.

enjoy your milk.

This topic is about drinking milk, not about the treatment of animals (in one propaganda video). Got join a PETA forum. Please stop trying to spread your political agenda on a health and fitness forum.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    so unnatural, do you think cows put out 1% and 2% milk? NO it's processed, probably with chemicals

Wait. Didnt you say you drank almond milk? How did the milk get from the almond to the carton? If it wasnt processed then its just magic?

tumblr_mamw0rbkSE1qbsw6yo1_400.gif

It is wicked easy to make your own almond milk. And store bought still wouldn't have pus in it like cow milk does.