Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    In for round two of one of the most ridiculous topics evah.

^^What he said...

167278.gif

^^^ all of this

and I love to eat laban on my weetabix (shock horror, dairy and wheat in one meal!!)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I could really care less

clearly.

unless, of course, you meant you COULDN'T care less...
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Humans were not designed at all....so...technically you are correct.

thread-derailed.jpg
  • lilyaqha
    lilyaqha Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Then , they get to lay on their waterbeds and chill.

http://www.dccwaterbeds.com/

Seriously, it's not cool to go around spreading misinformation on something you obviously just read about on a peta flyer.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Humans were not designed at all.....

How do you know?
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Excuse me, but my father worked his *kitten* off for years as a dairy farmer making milk for AMERICA.
    How dare you come on here and try bruising farmer's reputation! That milk is made to make not only milk, but yogurt, cheese, and countless other products you eat.

How about you spend a day with my dad, on your knees putting milkers on cows at LEAST twice a day, getting kicked, being hot and sweaty, doing your JOB, and making a living?

You are a selfish PIG for posting this. You are a disgrace and I hope your children, grandchildren, and your grandchildren's children LOVE milk just to piss you off!

Excuse me while I go THANK my farmer of a father.
    What next, you gonna bash him for farming corn too?
    Get off this site.

This, I grew up on a cattle farm for beef. Next farm over was a milk farm. Real farmers do not kill five day old male cows... Real farmers do not harm their main source of income. Go spend a day on a farm a REAL farm. Not one that you see on tv, youtube or whatever...
  • lilyaqha
    lilyaqha Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Did you know there's E. Coli on everything? this "pus" you speak of, is a misquote from PETA to get people to agree with them. This "pus" are somatic cells. You can't even see it with the naked eye. Kind of like the ecoli and staph bacterial cells on your green pepper.
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Are we all supposed to drink human breast milk now?
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    So all of you crying BS... watch this video.

What? Faked? Photoshopped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzS8p727gvM

explain it.

enjoy your milk.

I watched the video, without the audio given that sound tracks and narration tends to appeal to emotions and distract you from what you're actually seeing.

What I saw was a good portion of pictures without context that could be sad or benign depending on the actual context. The majority of what I saw that was clearly animal abuse appeared to be at one location.

I am well aware that there are some places with practices that are completely deplorable, but using one place to suggest that all or most places are this way, as well as using arguably benign photographs to suggest abuse, puts the source into question.

Hmmm, so wonder if the milk in your coffee or cereal came from this one place???? Guess you'll never know.

~chuckles~
    You couldn't have picked a worse person to say that to.

I know exactly where my milk comes from.
    I know the owners of the dairy.
    I know a couple of the farm owners.
    If I chose I could go visit the cows... with or without prior arrangement.
  • doorki
    Options
    Humans were not designed at all.....

How do you know?

Because of the existence of mitochondria and man nipples.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Can I milk the OP for starting this thread?

Promise not to use my teeth.

In...

...because lolwut?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    This topic is about drinking milk, not about the treatment of animals (in one propaganda video). Got join a PETA forum. Please stop trying to spread your political agenda on a health and fitness forum.

Hi Shill, welcome back, good to see you spewing trash from your snack hole....again....now go take one for GMOs again, eh? You've earned your paycheck today son.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSglpGMC5C8BxnriTBebE5iDK6PVSub9J64U4zO8MaXKAm1Nq8hTngxxpF8UQ

corporate-power-24.gif
  • RhonndaJ
    Options
    I could really care less what other people eat/drink. I know what I provide for my family and teach my kids to eat. Heck, the way I see it, if it wasn't for MFP and the members here, I wouldn't have as much knowledge of what foods to avoid.

I joined this site not to lose weight, but to see what other people were eating to bring them here to lose weight. It has helped me purchase and grow better food.

So to the unhealthy eaters, I thank you for providing me with your open diaries and being part of the statistics I am trying to avoid.

Guess I fooled you, then. Nothing I logged caused me to need to lose weight - it's what I eat in order to lose weight. Pass another box of TastyKake Butterscotch Krimpets, please. Oh, and the Ben and Jerry's - they go well together.

What's a krimpet?
  • angieochoa1201
    Options
    Did you know that in order for a cow to produce milk she must be pregnant. The cows are KEPT pregnant year round to produce it. The girl calves are kept to raise as new cows & the cycles starts again. The boy calves are killed as young as 5 days old as they become useless to milk production. 5 days old. Separated from their mother & killed because they are a boy.

Think about THAT when having your cows milk. The dairy industry won't tell you that either.

The general public needs the truth. We all want to enjoy our food with a clean conscience. Those who believe cows are treated fairly drink milk, those who do not, do not drink milk.

As a dairy farmer, what was your personal experience and what everyone wants to know is, did the cows suffer pain or abuse?
    Thanks in advance.
    My opinion is that people do not have enough facts to make a true judgement. I don't drink milk because I like the idea of eating food raw and from nature and I'd personally never approach a cow in a field and suckle it. And having dairy causes me skin and respiratory allergies.

What a complete dumbass. They would loose so much money killing the males while they could be both sold and used later for reproduction. and COWS DO NOT NEED TO BE PREGNANT TO LACTATE!!!! Serious stupidity
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I could really care less what other people eat/drink. I know what I provide for my family and teach my kids to eat. Heck, the way I see it, if it wasn't for MFP and the members here, I wouldn't have as much knowledge of what foods to avoid.

I joined this site not to lose weight, but to see what other people were eating to bring them here to lose weight. It has helped me purchase and grow better food.

So to the unhealthy eaters, I thank you for providing me with your open diaries and being part of the statistics I am trying to avoid.

Guess I fooled you, then. Nothing I logged caused me to need to lose weight - it's what I eat in order to lose weight. Pass another box of TastyKake Butterscotch Krimpets, please. Oh, and the Ben and Jerry's - they go well together.

What's a krimpet?

http://www.tastykake.com/products/krimpets
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

What's a krimpet?

These are krimpets...

butterscotch_krimpet.jpg
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    so unnatural, do you think cows put out 1% and 2% milk? NO it's processed, probably with chemicals

Have you ever consumed whole milk?

Have you ever heard the phrase "the cream rises to the top?"

To "process" milk you simply chill it, let the cream seperate and rise, then skim it off. Hence the phrase, "skim milk"

But by all means, don't allow ignorance to prevent you from expressing something as fact when you have no inkling as to whether it's true or not.
  • RhonndaJ
    Options

What's a krimpet?

http://www.tastykake.com/products/krimpets

Cool. Now I want to try one.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    so unnatural, do you think cows put out 1% and 2% milk? NO it's processed, probably with chemicals

Wait. Didnt you say you drank almond milk? How did the milk get from the almond to the carton? If it wasnt processed then its just magic?

tumblr_mamw0rbkSE1qbsw6yo1_400.gif

They are dissolved in water, no chemicals needed

Last time I checked thats not how it works. They are soaked in water and then put into a blender or food PROCESSOR.

Milk is allowed to sit there and done NOTHING with it. Gravity allows the cream to rise to the top while the less fattening portion of the liquid sinks to the bottom.

I thought everyone knew this?

Oh wait. NOW I see where the confusion comes in. It seems that some milk distributors have gone and fkked up the previously natural process of separating cream from milk by doing stuff to it to make it "fortified". Gotcha. Now I see where you are coming from.

Who wouldnt want oxidized cholesterol in their bloodstream? I mean having extra plaque blocking your aorta isnt bad right?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/05/05/dr-mercola-interviews-dr-robert-rowen-part-2-cholesterol.aspx

FYI oxidized cholesterol is created during some milk mfg processes.

This thread is starting to make the Diet Soda thread look GOOD.
  • doorki
    Options

This thread is starting to make the Diet Soda thread look GOOD.

HE SAID THE SECRET WORD!!!!

ibqCmIEXcTw6Bg.gif