Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Excuse me, but my father worked his *kitten* off for years as a dairy farmer making milk for AMERICA.
    That milk is made to make not only milk, but yogurt, cheese, and countless other products you eat.

How about you spend a day with my dad, on your knees putting milkers on cows at LEAST twice a day, getting kicked, being hot and sweaty, doing your JOB, and making a living?

Excuse me while I go THANK my farmer of a father.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    so unnatural, do you think cows put out 1% and 2% milk? NO it's processed, probably with chemicals

I'll bet it even had chemicals when the cows put it out!!!
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    so unnatural, do you think cows put out 1% and 2% milk? NO it's processed, probably with chemicals

Wait. Didnt you say you drank almond milk? How did the milk get from the almond to the carton? If it wasnt processed then its just magic?

tumblr_mamw0rbkSE1qbsw6yo1_400.gif

They are dissolved in water, no chemicals needed
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Yes from all the antibiotics and steroids
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Ha, not only do I enjoy milk everyday, but after every workout I enjoy (madly actually) some chocolate milk.

This thread makes me laugh, can't believe it escalated so much within the last 24 hrs lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Among other things. Seriously, I've heard that milk is nothing but chemicals.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    i haven't drank milk in years.

I get my dairies and calcium elsewhere.
    oh and for cereals i use unsweetened almond milk.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Did you know that in order for a cow to produce milk she must be pregnant. The cows are KEPT pregnant year round to produce it. The girl calves are kept to raise as new cows & the cycles starts again. The boy calves are killed as young as 5 days old as they become useless to milk production. 5 days old. Separated from their mother & killed because they are a boy.

Think about THAT when having your cows milk. The dairy industry won't tell you that either.

Proof please?
    I worked on a dairy farm for 4 months out of the year for almost 15 years and never saw this.

The general public needs the truth. We all want to enjoy our food with a clean conscience. Those who believe cows are treated fairly drink milk, those who do not, do not drink milk.

As a dairy farmer, what was your personal experience and what everyone wants to know is, did the cows suffer pain or abuse?
    Thanks in advance.
    My opinion is that people do not have enough facts to make a true judgement. I don't drink milk because I like the idea of eating food raw and from nature and I'd personally never approach a cow in a field and suckle it. And having dairy causes me skin and respiratory allergies.

Pain or abuse? Absolutely not
    Does it happen? I am sure at some dairy farms it does, but the many that I have worked on, it does not.

I studied animal science and had an internship at a dairy. Those cows were always very happy. They roamed free, only had to "work" 2 times per day during milking and that was just walking in to get it done. We sold the bulls for $20 and never had a problem getting rid of them. All cows at major dairies are artificially inseminated and produce offspring that are kept or sold, whether it is a boy or girl. The only thing that people might have a problem with is that they young calfs are fed from bottles, not their mothers and they are tied up for a few weeks to gain size and keep the rest of the cows stress free.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Dearest OP... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Oh and humans weren't designed...we evolved...derp
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    City people *sigh*

Lets get our facts straight. Is there cases of abuse of cows??? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT! There are also cases of children being abused to the point they are put on life support. Dogs beaten so bad they lose there site or ability to walk. It's out there. That does not mean EVERY dairy farm is like that!

When was the last time you visited a dairy farm? Obviously not recently. Abusing a cow and milking it to the point its udders would become raw and infected does not happen.

They are not kept pregnant *sigh* Do you know mothers after they have their babies produce milk until that child stops nursing for a period of time? There are actually women who are out there that SELL their milk and haven' been pregnant in over 10 years... SO lets get our facts straight.

They would not in fact kill a cow at 5 days old. In fact there are places that kill young calves for veal. This is a practice I DO NOT condone because they kill calf at times as early as 1 month and often times administer steroids and hormones to the calf. This is where a high number of abusive practices happen, but this is not the entire industry and it should not be treated as if it is.

Abusing the cow would not be to the dairy farmers best interest. He sell the milk and his goal is to have the highest quality in a competitive market.

HOWEVER you could make the statement it is difficult for our bodies to process milk consumed due to our lack of consumption of vitamin D. There is a fact for ya.

oh and almost forgot.. did you know if a cow because too stressed she won't give as much milk?? crazy right? So lets not judge the masses by the village idiot please
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    BTW, humans were designed to find food using our brains. It makes a lot more sense to use an animal for food without killing it. Humans have been drinking blood and milk loooong before you and I were put on this earth. To say we weren't designed for milk is just plain ignorant to the facts.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options

Yep I stopped drinking milk 2 years ago. I was enlightened in environment biology about the animal factories
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    BTW, humans were designed to find food using our brains. It makes a lot more sense to use an animal for food without killing it. Humans have been drinking blood and milk loooong before you and I were put on this earth. To say we weren't designed for milk is just plain ignorant to the facts.

I agree, also using the word "designed" when talking about humans is pretty ignorant too!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk except in my coffee. Otherwise, I use it just for cooking. I try to stay away from factory farmed anything. I believe there is a huge difference to the animals and ai'm willing to pay extra knowing that. I buy organic, whole, non homogenized milk. I like raw milk too, but don't buy it often.

To the posters that had good experiences on dairy farms, good. I'm glad to hear it. As a lot of things in life, some are good and some are not. To the poster that referred to the op as a selfish pig just for expressing their opinion. Sheesh. That's not cool my friend.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

I buy only USDA certified 1% cows and raise them in my living room where they are free to roam the hallways. You should see the size of our litter box though.

Ha ha ha!! I just sprayed my desk and computer screen in peanut butter and toast!! Lol. Attractive :wink:
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I usually don't drink much cows milk for personal reasons....

...but this thread is just giving me huge cravings!

I'm having a huge steak tonight with a nice cold glass of milk. Then I am going to my local ice cream shop to get an extra large mocha coffee milk shake.

I might go over my calories today, but it will be worth it!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Can I milk the OP for starting this thread?

Promise not to use my teeth.