I ATE PIZZA AND ICE CREAM BED, WOKE UP LESS FAT

Options

Replies

• Bigjuicyhog
    Bigjuicyhog Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Your Ice Cream bed hasnt got anything on my Hammock of Cake.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    It's much, much easier to fit various foods into a target as the calorie objective rises. Just throwing that out there.

For a lot of people using MFP, one mcdouble+fries and 1 slice of pizza = you're done for the day and your macros are f'd.

My heart goes out to people eating only 1000 calories / day.
  • evemarie1103
    Options
    Nutrient densed food helps fill you and leaves you less hungry as you're body is craving nutrition, vitamins. Sure you can eat junk, monitor it and come below your calorie goal butttt you're still get hungry. And it's not just about counting calories, just picture your arteries clogging and what else you are doing to your insides. I'm no food saint .. just my 2 cents.
  • hbb86
    hbb86 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how relieved i am to read this thread. I had a chip roll, sweets and crisps over the weekend and i literally feel like it was the end of the world. I havent weighed myself because im doing that once a week (wednesday) so im being super careful right now and exercising (in this damn heat its almost impossible though!) and hopefully on wednesday i'll be down a bit, but im definitely NOT doing those bad things this week, but im sure i will slip up, and its nice to know its not the end of the world.

THANKS!!! xxxx
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    what about nutrition?

That doesn't factor in with a lot of the people in the General Diet and Weight Loss Help and Food and Nutrition forums on mfp. If you eat garbage and lose weight you're doing it right, regardless of what havoc it may doing to other facets of your health. You will get flamed mercilessly for being concerned about your overall health vs. dropping a pound or two.
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Negative, people fail with diets cause of one two things.

1) They set their deficit so low that their BMR shoots way down. When they resume a "normal" diet, their body has trouble adjusting and their weight shoots right back to where they were.

How to Solve: CKD, which boosts leptin levels sufficiently to keep your motor high. Do a small deficit at around 10-20% max. Anymore your setting yourself for failure when recomping.

2) They can't control their cravings and "bing out". Their diet feels like a "trap".

How to Solve: Go on Keto. Cut out the carbs / sugars. It will stave off hunger since you have a stable blood sugar. A good diet is a diet you love without having those cravings.

BTW: Why do you think people recommend vegetables? Because it FILLS YOU UP. 2 huge containers of green giant steamed brocolli has the same amount of calories as one MCDS HAMBURGER. You physically cannot be hungry if you chow down on your veggies all day, cause your stomach is filled to max. Another nice Body Hack.

Also a lot of clueless people tend to fill their "Healthy Salad" with real crappy salad dressing that just negates the whole point of eating a salad (to put filler space on your stomach).

Salt and Pepper + Steamed Veggies. Then use that excess for delicious meat / fat prodcts.

He said, defiantly.

That's great for you. Some people don't want to eat pizza and ice cream, because it doesn't work for them.

Does that fact somehow affect YOUR life?

It doesn't affect my life because I know the truth. Pizza, ice cream, iguana sticks, etc may not work for some people due to a medical condition such as diabetes. However, if you are free from disease (And most of you are. Your thyroid is fine.) then it's all about the caloric deficit.

I take offense to people peddling arugula salads and spirulina tonics as the way to "be healthy" and lose weight. Desperate people arrive on forums like this and are told that hamburgers are fattening and they should only eat pancakes once and a while , which sets them up for failure.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    It's much, much easier to fit various foods into a target as the calorie objective rises. Just throwing that out there.

For a lot of people using MFP, one mcdouble+fries and 1 slice of pizza = you're done for the day and your macros are f'd.

Yep. They're doing it wrong. But Mcdouble+fries+slice = ~1500 calories.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    He said, defiantly.

That's great for you. Some people don't want to eat pizza and ice cream, because it doesn't work for them.

It doesn't affect my life because I know the truth.

I take offense to people peddling arugula salads and spirulina tonics as the way to "be healthy" and lose weight.

It "doesn't affect you", and yet here you are. And that next quoted line contradicts yourself. If it didn't affect you, you wouldn't "take offense" to what some preach to others.

You are correct. My statement was a logical incompatibility. Sorry about that. I stand by my second sentence.
  • Millievanilli90
    Millievanilli90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg you are soooooooo right. Sometimes when we spend so long on a restricted caloric diet our body needs a shake up with some non diet foods. It totally helps to confuse your body so it never really gets set on burning the same amount of calories. You have totally hit the nail on the head with this one:)
  • macielittle
    macielittle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    He said, defiantly.

It doesn't affect my life because I know the truth. Pizza, ice cream, iguana sticks, etc may not work for some people due to a medical condition such as diabetes. However, if you are free from disease (And most of you are. Your thyroid is fine.) then it's all about the caloric deficit.

I take offense to people peddling arugula salads and spirulina tonics as the way to "be healthy" and lose weight. Desperate people arrive on forums like this and are told that hamburgers are fattening and they should only eat pancakes once and a while , which sets them up for failure.

My husband is 6'1" and weighs between 150-160 and he eats whatever he wants. He has a great metabolism. Does eating McDoubles, pizza or ice cream make him fat? NO. Does it make him healthy? NO. His most recent blood panel showed he had high cholesterol. He does not have diabetes, no hypothyroid (or hyper for that matter) and heart disease doesn't run in his family. He can run miles even if he hasn't exercised in months and he can pass every fitness test the military gives him. Does that make him healthy? Not according to his cholesterol levels. He needs to not eat McDoubles and pizza and ice cream in order to be healthy, NOT THIN. Please don't confuse the two.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    what about nutrition?

That doesn't factor in with a lot of the people in the General Diet and Weight Loss Help and Food and Nutrition forums on mfp. If you eat garbage and lose weight you're doing it right, regardless of what havoc it may doing to other facets of your health. You will get flamed mercilessly for being concerned about your overall health vs. dropping a pound or two.

QFT
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    yep I went to a chinese buffet, had 3 plates of lemon chicken with noodles plus 2 pieces of cake and jelly plus chocolate marshmallows and who knows what else and still lost 1lb last week. Got another buffet and bbq end of this week so who knows! I was 10st 11lbs last week and today im 10st 9bs so who knows how lost 1.5-2lbs lol
  • mrgocubs
    mrgocubs Posts: 4
    Options
    But I do have a nice rack, thank you. Kind of seems like the points system from WW, where you "eat what you want" in moderation. Veggies don't hurt though (well, pineapple does if you don't take off the outer layer).
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options

Mcdouble (390 cal) + Medium fries (380 cal) + Dominos small cheese pizza slice (190 cal) = 960 calories.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    You have no idea how relieved i am to read this thread. I had a chip roll, sweets and crisps over the weekend and i literally feel like it was the end of the world. I havent weighed myself because im doing that once a week (wednesday) so im being super careful right now and exercising (in this damn heat its almost impossible though!) and hopefully on wednesday i'll be down a bit, but im definitely NOT doing those bad things this week, but im sure i will slip up, and its nice to know its not the end of the world.

THANKS!!! xxxx

You're welcome! I sent you a PM with a MFP resource I think will help you a lot. Don't give up!
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I agree and disagree with you. I don't think that you have to be on a rigid diet, which you deprive yourself completely of foods that are high in fat, sugar or whatever. It is okay to eat pizza, ice cream or any single food BUT if you eat the carrots and other healthier options often the more happy and healthy your body will be. Weightloss is only one benefit from improving your eating habits. Eating a variety of food is endlessly beneficial. I do know, I get frustrated when people know that I'm losing weight and they see me eat something and ask, "Can you eat that?" Um, yes, I can eat anything I want....just not everything, lol.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    But I do have a nice rack, thank you. Kind of seems like the points system from WW, where you "eat what you want" in moderation. Veggies don't hurt though (well, pineapple does if you don't take off the outer layer).
    lol
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    Negative, people fail with diets cause of one two things.

1) They set their deficit so low that their BMR shoots way down. When they resume a "normal" diet, their body has trouble adjusting and their weight shoots right back to where they were.

How to Solve: CKD, which boosts leptin levels sufficiently to keep your motor high. Do a small deficit at around 10-20% max. Anymore your setting yourself for failure when recomping.

2) They can't control their cravings and "bing out". Their diet feels like a "trap".

How to Solve: Go on Keto. Cut out the carbs / sugars. It will stave off hunger since you have a stable blood sugar. A good diet is a diet you love without having those cravings.

BTW: Why do you think people recommend vegetables? Because it FILLS YOU UP. 2 huge containers of green giant steamed brocolli has the same amount of calories as one MCDS HAMBURGER. You physically cannot be hungry if you chow down on your veggies all day, cause your stomach is filled to max. Another nice Body Hack.

Also a lot of clueless people tend to fill their "Healthy Salad" with real crappy salad dressing that just negates the whole point of eating a salad (to put filler space on your stomach).

Salt and Pepper + Steamed Veggies. Then use that excess for delicious meat / fat prodcts.

What you are saying is absolutely true, Doctor. The problem I've found personally with ketogenic diets is cycling off of them after major weight loss. Carb refeeds turned into falling off the bandwagon and eating the SAD (Which is everything WITHOUT MODERATION).

As far as eating 300+ calories of straight vegetables vs. a mcdouble, your average person doesn't want to eat that way exclusively. They want to know it's ok to eat a burger and still be able to maintain weight or lose weight. We've already seen someone chime in on this thread that they thought it was the end of the world because they ate what they thought was "poorly." That is the wrong message to send.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options

McDouble: 390
    Fries: 230/380/500
    1 Lg (14") Slice of Meat Lovers Pizza from Pizza Hut: 380/400/470 (depending on crust) (and less if the pizza was medium/small.)

Range: 1000 - 1360.

I'd guess a regular value meal with a mcdouble if there was fries and that would put it at 1170 with a normal crust on the pizza... McDoubles aren't good, but it's not THAT bad. Now if you want a serious high calorie McDonalds meal check out the Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Large Fries, & McCafe 22oz Chocolate Shake... that's 2090 calories.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    what about nutrition?

I notice this ^^ too.