I ATE PIZZA AND ICE CREAM BED, WOKE UP LESS FAT

Options

Replies

• toddlikesdesign
    Options
    He said, defiantly.

That's great for you. Some people don't want to eat pizza and ice cream, because it doesn't work for them.

Does that fact somehow affect YOUR life?

It doesn't affect my life because I know the truth. Pizza, ice cream, iguana sticks, etc may not work for some people due to a medical condition such as diabetes. However, if you are free from disease (And most of you are. Your thyroid is fine.) then it's all about the caloric deficit.

I take offense to people peddling arugula salads and spirulina tonics as the way to "be healthy" and lose weight. Desperate people arrive on forums like this and are told that hamburgers are fattening and they should only eat pancakes once and a while , which sets them up for failure.

My husband is 6'1" and weighs between 150-160 and he eats whatever he wants. He has a great metabolism. Does eating McDoubles, pizza or ice cream make him fat? NO. Does it make him healthy? NO. His most recent blood panel showed he had high cholesterol. He does not have diabetes, no hypothyroid (or hyper for that matter) and heart disease doesn't run in his family. He can run miles even if he hasn't exercised in months and he can pass every fitness test the military gives him. Does that make him healthy? Not according to his cholesterol levels. He needs to not eat McDoubles and pizza and ice cream in order to be healthy, NOT THIN. Please don't confuse the two.

How is the high cholesterol affecting his life? He is at an ideal weight and is fit. I'm not seeing what's negative about this scenario other than a number on a chart...
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    'MURKIKA! Eat what the crap ya want and take a vitamin!!! LOL

all things in moderation of course :D

congrats on the loss!
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    LOL refeeds do that. I, on the otherhand, gained about 3lbs in water weight over saturday night's 3000 calorie day. It's ok. It will come off.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You're a guy. My husband can cut back by one beer a day (still drinks one after work) and lose 10 pounds.

Men have a genetic ability to burn fat faster than women. It's science.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    Funny to see a newbie talked about "noobs". Talk to me when you under 20% BF at the minimum. Or when you sustained your weight loss for over 6 months.

Great job logging, BTW.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Yep. They're doing it wrong. But Mcdouble+fries+slice = ~1500 calories.

McDouble: 390
    Fries: 230/380/500
    1 Lg (14") Slice of Meat Lovers Pizza from Pizza Hut: 380/400/470 (depending on crust) (and less if the pizza was medium/small.)

Range: 1000 - 1360.

I'd guess a regular value meal with a mcdouble if there was fries and that would put it at 1170 with a normal crust on the pizza... McDoubles aren't good, but it's not THAT bad. Now if you want a serious high calorie McDonalds meal check out the Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Large Fries, & McCafe 22oz Chocolate Shake... that's 2090 calories.

I took the McDouble calories from the OP's diary. Shows one serving for two McDoubles (780). Seemed about right for a double cheeseburger, but it's one of the tiny patty "burgers", so yeah. Add 350-500 cals for fries, and 300-500 for a slice of real pizza, and you can get a pretty big number.

But the point is not McDonalds calories. The point is that higher calorie targets allow for a lot more leeway. It's waaay easier for me to incorporate calorie-dense meals at ~2400/day than it is for the people doing sub-2ks.

OP also didn't mention he was eating low fat ice cream and diet pizza, which obviously changes the calorie dynamics a bit.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    You're a guy. My husband can cut back by one beer a day (still drinks one after work) and lose 10 pounds.

Men have a genetic ability to burn fat faster than women. It's science.

You are correct. Women will have to consume less calories however the same principle applies to both genders.
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    For all you "what about nutrition" folks worried that we aren't healthy.. you know you can have healthy ice cream, pizza, burgers. I personally eat processed foods occasionally so I'm not trying to be preachy to either group, but I nice homemade pizza or burger can be incredibly nutritious. Same goes for homemade ice cream.

So before this turns into an inevitable clean eating debate, can we just agree that not every burger/pizza/ice cream is made the same?
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    For all you "what about nutrition" folks worried that we aren't healthy.. you know you can have healthy ice cream, pizza, burgers. I personally eat processed foods occasionally so I'm not trying to be preachy to either group, but I nice homemade pizza or burger can be incredibly nutritious. Same goes for homemade ice cream.

So before this turns into an inevitable clean eating debate, can we just agree that not every burger/pizza/ice cream is made the same?

I can't help but feel like there would be a lot less "THAT'S NOT HEALTHY" replies if this post wasn't
    1) here in this first place and
    2) so brashly contrary and defensive for absolutely no reason

Just eat what makes you feel good and F the rest. Christ almighty.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options

My reasons are clearly in the OP.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, of course, we all know this,
  • iamkass
    Options

I can't help but feel like there would be a lot less "THAT'S NOT HEALTHY" replies if this post wasn't
    1) here in this first place and

Just eat what makes you feel good and F the rest. Christ almighty.

If you hate the forums so much, why do you use them?
  • minijuggernaut
    Options

My reasons are clearly in the OP.

And what did you think that your OP was going to accomplish? That you'd show all of the stupid "clean eaters" the light? That they'd suddenly realize how much time they'd wasted, and begin eating McDonalds? That you would swoop in as the MFP hero and put an end to these long, boring threads that are posted day in and day out, that this was the final say-so on whether or not a calorie is a calorie?

Please. You're trolling. Stop.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    Please. You're trolling. Stop.

No.

My point is to help people understand that they can eat what they want within a calorie deficit and lose weight.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options

To help people not fall off the wagon because they ate an ice cream cone.
  • iamkass
    Options

I was replying to minijuggernaut. That's why I quoted her.
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Funny to see a newbie talked about "noobs". Talk to me when you under 20% BF at the minimum. Or when you sustained your weight loss for over 6 months.

Great job logging, BTW.

Its called using a notebook and inputting at the end of the day:

12 OZ chicken (or nutritional equiv)
    2 Packs of Steamers
    2 TBL of Mayo / Siracha
    80 pieces of almonds each day

Total = 1600 calories + PWO.

Then again I must be doing something wrong:

http://i.imgur.com/XKKY7mk.jpg

Please stop trolling people who need help with this bad advice thread.
  • minijuggernaut
    Options

I was replying to minijuggernaut. That's why I quoted her.

I don't hate them at all, I think they're great. Not sure where I mentioned hating them.

ETA: If you're referring to my comment about "long boring threads" etc, I think we can all agree that the clean eating vs. dirty eating debates are tiresome.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy.

I went to sonic yesterday and had :

Supersonic Bacon Double Cheeseburger
    Turtle Molten Cake Sundae

Sure it was all I had to eat for the day (over daily goal, but under in terms of weekly goal), but it was great. I think it's fine to do things like this once in awhile. As long is it's not every meal, your health should be fine.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    yea feed your body crap with no nutrients. great idea!