Planet Fitness or Planet Fatness?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Wait what's wrong with pizza? Does it have magical fat-producing qualities that other foods don't have?

Apparently they serve Papa John's...and there's everything wrong with that...

Better ingredients does not equal better pizza.

It does...but I don't really think they use better ingredients. To be fair, I dislike pretty much any commercial/chain pizza.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite thread.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    someone explain the cream puffs to me plz

1. OP attends a party, eats all the creampuffs
    2. Hostess asks her to please save some for the other guests
    3. OP mopes in the garage the rest of the night

Might need to revisit that thread. Missing some info bro.

Mad when I remember, mad when I don't remember...there's no pleasing you

If you happen to live in the past, then atleast do it right. :)
  • TommyW45
    TommyW45 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    TommyW45 wrote: »
    I have to admit even though it's wrong the best I have seen , was a lady sitting in the massage chair , with a plate full of pizza , shoveling it in like a conveyor belt while watching the tv ! I admit I started laughing !

Wow. Do people even get a membership for the equipment anymore?

If you think about it you can save money by watching tv and people for entertainment plus working out . Then shower before you leave and save on water and soap . Eat pizza once a month and tootsie rolls the rest of the time . Don't forget tanning and massages ! What more could you ask for ! Lol

Bagels. You could ask for bagels.

Good idea , I think they do it on Tuesday mornings so I might need to check to save on breakfast !
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    I have to admit even though it's wrong the best I have seen , was a lady sitting in the massage chair , with a plate full of pizza , shoveling it in like a conveyor belt while watching the tv ! I admit I started laughing !

If you think about it you can save money by watching tv and people for entertainment plus working out . Then shower before you leave and save on water and soap . Eat pizza once a month and tootsie rolls the rest of the time . Don't forget tanning and massages ! What more could you ask for ! Lol

Good idea , I think they do it on Tuesday mornings so I might need to check to save on breakfast !

It's on the second Tuesday of every month. Don't miss out.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Wait what's wrong with pizza? Does it have magical fat-producing qualities that other foods don't have?

Apparently they serve Papa John's...and there's everything wrong with that...

Better ingredients does not equal better pizza.

It does...but I don't really think they use better ingredients. To be fair, I dislike pretty much any commercial/chain pizza.

Mom and pop shops are where it's at. Not Papa's (or PF for that matter)...sorry couldn't resist.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options

Pancakes?
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    They use that as bait to bring in and keep the useless dreamers who wants to lose weight. I heard most of the planet fitness members get easily intimidated by people who actually work out hard.

I'm a member of the Cuyahoga Falls / Stow, Ohio Planet Fitness. A large, nice, well maintained facility. I personally don't eat the pizza or Tootsie Rolls that are set out for the patrons, but it doesn't bother me to see it there. The majority of members that I see there are working hard at improving themselves. Many appear quite fit, strong and muscular. I would not categorize them as "useless dreamers" or "easily intimidated."

Two things I'd say about Planet Fitness and the people who work out there:

1. About the people who work out there: They're there working out while many many people are home in front of the TV. More power to them. Live and let live.

2. About Planet Fitness: Planet Fitness receives much public criticism; I think much of this criticism is unmerited. Judging by what I've seen, Planet Fitness is laughing at it's critics all the way to the bank.

How long have you worked there ?

I've worked out there for the past 25 months.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    So today is free pizza Monday at the gym. I just can't wrap my head around eating pizza at the gym. I've been a member for 3 years and this is the first time I've come to the gym on pizza day. It's crazy packed up in here. Can't tell if people are here to workout or eat. I know it's a judgement free zone and all but I can't not judge people for eating while working out.

I thought the same thing the night my gym served cookies around CHristmas. lol
  • PersianKitty94
    Options

Pancakes?

Bagels.
  • PersianKitty94
    Options
    But for everyone here who is into eating unhealthy free foods, IHOP has free pancakes today. Enjoy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    skahtboi wrote: »
    So today is free pizza Monday at the gym. I just can't wrap my head around eating pizza at the gym. I've been a member for 3 years and this is the first time I've come to the gym on pizza day. It's crazy packed up in here. Can't tell if people are here to workout or eat. I know it's a judgement free zone and all but I can't not judge people for eating while working out.

Name a gym where Mondays aren't crazy to begin with? Monday is the busiest day for gyms. Why? Because people live with the belief that they can live it up to excess on the weekends, and can pay it all back with one workout on Monday. Subsequently, for years Monday has been a designated rest day for me.

With that said, Planet Fitness is doing something to make going to the gym attractive for many, many who would otherwise do nothing to improve themselves or their health. They offer a clean, attractive environment that actually smells decent as well. They have low prices. They offer free classes to jump start you to achieving your goals, or to give you a kick when you need one. They have their hydro therapy and massage chairs and free tanning all to draw people in.

So why not say to your members, "Hey! It is okay to reward yourself for your hard work?" What harm does a slice of pizza do once a month? Or a bagel on bagel Tuesdays? What harm is there in offering an 11 calorie Tootsie roll mini at the end of a workout? It says "congrats on putting forth the effort." To me, a 285 calorie reward or a 245 calorie reward once a month, offered by your gym, is not a bad thing. And finally, just because it is offered doesn't mean you have to partake of it. Perhaps there is the biggest coup they are pulling off.

To be fair, Tootsie rolls have to be about the most disgusting candy on earth...Jolly Ranchers on the other hand...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    Awolturtle wrote: »

Okay first of all, to use a massage chair you have to be a black card member. wtf is wrong with wanting to use one after a workout? second of all, not every PF franchise particiates in pizza and bagels. Mine does not. I get in there, do my workout, and go home. I dont use the black card spa, I bought a black card membership so I can go to any PF in the US and bring a guest. which btw, the guests don't have access to the black card spa.

I am a black card member because I like to being a guest. And by " do people even get a membership for the equipment?", I meant do people even come to the gym to work out? Using a massage chair while you eat a plate full of pizza doesn't sound like a workout.

With all the staring and judgement at others at your gym do you even have time to work out?

Actually yes. I just happen to notice the pizza traffic while I was on a treadmill.

So let me get this straight:

You joined Planet Fitness, a judgement free zone, then proceed to judge the hell out everyone who goes there, who according to you, actually takes advantage of the pizza and bagels, and the black card spa like you're supposed to. Which is also yanno....part of the attraction of Planet Fitness. Then you claim it somehow affects you, even though it doesn't. And you have a black card and can go to any PF. why don't you choose another location if you're bothered by the current one being crowded?

The view from that high horse of yours must be wonderful.

giphy.gif

Thread is closed.

The gif is better than the post really.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    But for everyone here who is into eating unhealthy free foods, IHOP has free pancakes today. Enjoy.

So you never ever eat something "unhealthy"?

Oh wait. Cream puffs. Not much different than pancakes and syrup.

SO MANY cream puffs that you have to be asked to leave some for everyone else, no less. This just gets better and better.
This discussion has been closed.