Apple Cider Vinegar

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Can we blame the mango? i always knew i didn't like fruit lol

I really think we can. When I actually look at the ingredients it looks like they use mango puree for the flavor. This stuff would be awesome on a fruit salad or made up into a sweet glaze.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I make a vegan cornbread that helps me feel full. It uses 1 tsp ACV to curdle the almond milk. So... yeah, it sort of helps weight loss. But I suspect lemon juice would too.

Adding vinegar or lemon juice to milk (cow or otherwise) is a well-known substitute for buttermilk. (I've used it many times, but usually with lemon juice, since I have lemons on my tree almost year-round.) So you are basically eating a vegan buttermilk cornbread! Sounds delicious... B)

It is! I'm making a lot of chili these days and I can't believe it took me so long to discover that chili and cornbread were a match made in heaven!

Chili and corn pasta are also a good match. I put them together one time and I was like, "Duh! How did I not know this?"
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Can we blame the mango? i always knew i didn't like fruit lol

I really think we can. When I actually look at the ingredients it looks like they use mango puree for the flavor. This stuff would be awesome on a fruit salad or made up into a sweet glaze.

Poor fruit.. swimming in a sea of vinegar and still can't lose it's calories lol
    I can see it being the new spokesman for why ACV doesn't work lol

"Hello, my name is Mango.. i was puree'd into vinegar at a tender ripe age and never lost a single calorie..."

I'm dying here... :p
  • afrsilver
    afrsilver Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's no magic pill or anything but it can help get rid toxins in the body and help with bloating among other things. It's kinda like an aid, I myself tend to stay bloated so I drink that or lemon water for those reasons. But, honestly, it's best to just do the research yourself instead of asking these types of questions on here.

When you give it some thought, it makes good sense that drinking apple cider vinegar before meals would help with weight loss. Apples are a good source of pectin, and including pectin in your diet can make you feel fuller and more satisfied. Since apple cider vinegar contains the same amount of pectin as apples (one apple has about 1.5 grams pectin), it can suppress your appetite in a similar way.

There is also good science behind why apple cider vinegar would encourage weight loss even more effectively than eating raw apples. In general, acids help with the digestion of protein, the building blocks for some of our hormones, especially growth hormone.

We’ve seen how this hormone is instrumental in breaking down fat cells. By increasing the acid present in your stomach before a meal, you’ll ensure the chances for thorough digestion and increase the availability of protein for hormone synthesis.

Read more at http://www.vegkitchen.com/tips/healthy-eating-tips-tips/how-does-apple-cider-vinegar-work-to-help-you-lose-weight/#Mw7VuWD44Sfbl2ZH.99
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    One of my housemates regularly goes through a gallon of ACV every two weeks or so. She drinks it straight. It freaks me out
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    jenxbowers wrote: »
    One of my housemates regularly goes through a gallon of ACV every two weeks or so. She drinks it straight. It freaks me out

Her poor teeth... :(
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    That was the one, cheers @AnvilHead
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Sigh.. i hate not knowing if my comments are allowed.. LOL
    i have a really good question about ACV and Zombies and i don't think i can ask.

When in doubt..... ;)
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Right?! Agh
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    jen_092 wrote: »

Idk But I think I'd move.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options

And esophagus and stomach too.
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar is a cure for warts and I HAVE PROOF.
    Weight loss sorry no proof