Apple Cider Vinegar

Options

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I make a vegan cornbread that helps me feel full. It uses 1 tsp ACV to curdle the almond milk. So... yeah, it sort of helps weight loss. But I suspect lemon juice would too.

Adding vinegar or lemon juice to milk (cow or otherwise) is a well-known substitute for buttermilk. (I've used it many times, but usually with lemon juice, since I have lemons on my tree almost year-round.) So you are basically eating a vegan buttermilk cornbread! Sounds delicious... B)

It is! I'm making a lot of chili these days and I can't believe it took me so long to discover that chili and cornbread were a match made in heaven!

If you have a cast iron skillet, pre heat the skillet in the oven, then grease it and pour the cornbresd batter in and bake in the skillet. Perfection! Top with butter and honey and serve beside a bowl of chili and it is a little bit of heaven.

I don't, though I'll try to remember should that change. I'm following the recipe/instructions in Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Appetite for Reduction. (Curdle almond milk, sift dry ingredients into bowl. Make a well and add wet ingredients, fold in 1 cup corn kernels and 1/2 cup chopped scallion, put into greased/sprayed 8x8 pan and bake at 350 28 to 32 minutes.) Actually have one baking as I type this!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    The PH of your stomach is commonly as low as 1 (highly acidic). I can't imagine that a little vinegar will make much of a difference.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I make a vegan cornbread that helps me feel full. It uses 1 tsp ACV to curdle the almond milk. So... yeah, it sort of helps weight loss. But I suspect lemon juice would too.

Adding vinegar or lemon juice to milk (cow or otherwise) is a well-known substitute for buttermilk. (I've used it many times, but usually with lemon juice, since I have lemons on my tree almost year-round.) So you are basically eating a vegan buttermilk cornbread! Sounds delicious... B)

It is! I'm making a lot of chili these days and I can't believe it took me so long to discover that chili and cornbread were a match made in heaven!

If you have a cast iron skillet, pre heat the skillet in the oven, then grease it and pour the cornbresd batter in and bake in the skillet. Perfection! Top with butter and honey and serve beside a bowl of chili and it is a little bit of heaven.

I don't, though I'll try to remember should that change. I'm following the recipe/instructions in Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Appetite for Reduction. (Curdle almond milk, sift dry ingredients into bowl. Make a well and add wet ingredients, fold in 1 cup corn kernels and 1/2 cup chopped scallion, put into greased/sprayed 8x8 pan and bake at 350 28 to 32 minutes.) Actually have one baking as I type this!

That looks good. I usually make the recipe on the back of the cornmeal box (I buy Hodgsen Mill)
  • afrsilver
    afrsilver Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Last time I posted scholarly articles people want stuff that's easier to understand this time I post what's easier to understand people aren't satisfied, the bottom line is even if I put the proof and evidence right in front people are going to believe whatever they want.

Which I why I think it's better for people to just do the research themselves and decided from there, at least that will be your own choice instead of coming on here and being influenced by laymen like us.
  • chiantiOwl
    chiantiOwl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As far as making you lose weight, I think it helps the process a little. I found that for me it helps me metabolize better, I feel like I'm actually getting energy from the food I eat. I have lost 8 lbs since I started it in late December, but I also work out 5-6 days a week. I still eat processed food from time to time, but I mostly stick to whole foods that aren't too overly processed. It's all about what you put in your body, there's not miracle cure. I also found that if I want to eat junk food, I just work out harder and there's no set backs. :) My secret is mostly clean food, interval training, and not starving or stuffing myself.

Now what AVC can do is help facilitate a thermogenic body. If you put a fat (like coconut butter) in a glass with warm vinegar you'll see it emulsify (break it down) Oh and obviously human fat isn't as easy to break down as coconut fat so don't get too confident that it's all you need. As far as getting rid of FAT it, your body has to do that effort.

I drink my AVC with hot tea in the morning
    I sprinkle some fresh cinnamon and squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice. Little bit of raw honey too.
    This drink replaced my coffee/energy drinks.

Also! Make sure the AVC has "THE MOTHER" the good raw stuff :).

Again, your diet and exercise is really the deal breaker, not this drink. It just helps a bit.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I think it makes you lose weight by simply killing your appetite for food. Gaaaahhhh
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    It's not even Friday yet
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    tomcikdxpez4.jpg

It was an ingredient in my chicken the other day.

That looks fabulous! Got a recipe you can share for that chicken???
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    slomeli001 wrote: »
    As far as making you lose weight, I think it helps the process a little. I found that for me it helps me metabolize better, I feel like I'm actually getting energy from the food I eat. I have lost 8 lbs since I started it in late December, but I also work out 5-6 days a week. I still eat processed food from time to time, but I mostly stick to whole foods that aren't too overly processed. It's all about what you put in your body, there's not miracle cure. I also found that if I want to eat junk food, I just work out harder and there's no set backs. :) My secret is mostly clean food, interval training, and not starving or stuffing myself.

Now what AVC can do is help facilitate a thermogenic body. If you put a fat (like coconut butter) in a glass with warm vinegar you'll see it emulsify (break it down) Oh and obviously human fat isn't as easy to break down as coconut fat so don't get too confident that it's all you need. As far as getting rid of FAT it, your body has to do that effort.

I drink my AVC with hot tea in the morning
    I sprinkle some fresh cinnamon and squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice. Little bit of raw honey too.
    This drink replaced my coffee/energy drinks.

Also! Make sure the AVC has "THE MOTHER" the good raw stuff :).

Again, your diet and exercise is really the deal breaker, not this drink. It just helps a bit.

Jumping on the NOPE train.

I'm really sorry, but there's absolutely no scientific evidence that ACV assists with weight loss. Unfortunately, it can erode the enamel from teeth. ACV is a good diuretic, though.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i tried it for a couple of weeks and did not see a difference.