Apple Cider Vinegar

Options

Replies

• afrsilver
    afrsilver Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    afrsilver wrote: »
    It's no magic pill or anything but it can help get rid toxins in the body and help with bloating among other things. It's kinda like an aid, I myself tend to stay bloated so I drink that or lemon water for those reasons. But, honestly, it's best to just do the research yourself instead of asking these types of questions on here.

When you give it some thought, it makes good sense that drinking apple cider vinegar before meals would help with weight loss. Apples are a good source of pectin, and including pectin in your diet can make you feel fuller and more satisfied. Since apple cider vinegar contains the same amount of pectin as apples (one apple has about 1.5 grams pectin), it can suppress your appetite in a similar way.

There is also good science behind why apple cider vinegar would encourage weight loss even more effectively than eating raw apples. In general, acids help with the digestion of protein, the building blocks for some of our hormones, especially growth hormone.

We’ve seen how this hormone is instrumental in breaking down fat cells. By increasing the acid present in your stomach before a meal, you’ll ensure the chances for thorough digestion and increase the availability of protein for hormone synthesis.

Read more at http://www.vegkitchen.com/tips/healthy-eating-tips-tips/how-does-apple-cider-vinegar-work-to-help-you-lose-weight/#Mw7VuWD44Sfbl2ZH.99

This isn't good science, it's a blog.

edited to bold the sentence I was responding to.
    It's no magic pill or anything but it can help get rid toxins in the body and help with bloating among other things. It's kinda like an aid, I myself tend to stay bloated so I drink that or lemon water for those reasons. But, honestly, it's best to just do the research yourself instead of asking these types of questions on here.

When you give it some thought, it makes good sense that drinking apple cider vinegar before meals would help with weight loss. Apples are a good source of pectin, and including pectin in your diet can make you feel fuller and more satisfied. Since apple cider vinegar contains the same amount of pectin as apples (one apple has about 1.5 grams pectin), it can suppress your appetite in a similar way.

There is also good science behind why apple cider vinegar would encourage weight loss even more effectively than eating raw apples. In general, acids help with the digestion of protein, the building blocks for some of our hormones, especially growth hormone.

We’ve seen how this hormone is instrumental in breaking down fat cells. By increasing the acid present in your stomach before a meal, you’ll ensure the chances for thorough digestion and increase the availability of protein for hormone synthesis.

Read more at http://www.vegkitchen.com/tips/healthy-eating-tips-tips/how-does-apple-cider-vinegar-work-to-help-you-lose-weight/#Mw7VuWD44Sfbl2ZH.99

This isn't good science, it's a blog.

edited to bold the sentence I was responding to.
    @afrsilver -- Can i ask what toxins ACV is helping to remove from the body that a liver and kidneys would fail to remove?
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    It's no magic pill or anything but it can help get rid toxins in the body and help with bloating among other things.

Name me one "toxin" that it gets rid of.

...and by what mechanism it gets rid of said toxin(s). In other words, what is the physiological process ACV evokes to rid the body of toxins?

(Hint: no physiological process, and no elimination of toxins - because it's all woo.)
    It's no magic pill or anything but it can help get rid toxins in the body and help with bloating among other things.

Name me one "toxin" that it gets rid of.

...and by what mechanism it gets rid of said toxin(s). In other words, what is the physiological process ACV evokes to rid the body of toxins?

(Hint: no physiological process, and no elimination of toxins - because it's all woo.)
    @afrsilver -- Can i ask what toxins ACV is helping to remove from the body that a liver and kidneys would fail to remove?

http://www.doctoroz.com/gallery/5-weight-loss-benefits-apple-cider-vinegar?gallery=true
    https://authoritynutrition.com/6-proven-health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar/
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/22/health/apple-cider-vinegar-benefits/
    https://www.sott.net/article/290433-Top-uses-for-apple-cider-vinegar-backed-by-science
    http://nutritionfacts.org/video/apple-cider-vinegar-help-weight-loss/

I posted the blog because it's an easy read, but I'm just saying it's not hard to do a little research there are tons more that I could have posted but I don't have time for that, your going to find people who say it works for some and people who say it doesn't just like any other medicine, service, facial cleaner, cleaning product, grass seeds, etc, it's just one of those things.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    jen_092 wrote: »
    One of my housemates regularly goes through a gallon of ACV every two weeks or so. She drinks it straight. It freaks me out

I would be happy to drink that much ACV if it is in the toddler stage of development (aka hard cider)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    TARGET65K wrote: »
    Apple Cider Vinegar is a cure for warts and I HAVE PROOF.
    Weight loss sorry no proof

Mildly acidic liquids are known for being helpful in removing things like warts and skin tags. Vinegar is the most popular.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I like to take boneless, skinless chicken thighs, and briefly marinate them in a mixture of my favorite dry barbecue rub, garlic powder, McCormicks montreal chicken seasoning, salt, pepper, olive oil, and Apple Cider Vinegar. If I'm out of Apple Cider Vinegar, I will use other acids like lemon juice or red wine vinegar. Put them in a baking dish, add just a little water (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup depending on how much chicken and the size of the dish). Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, and it is so tender and delicious.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Given that vinegar is used commonly in cooking (and salads) I can't imagine that it's bad for you in moderation. Can anyone report that it reduces their appetite?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I really dislike the taste of vinegar. I don't even use it in salad dressings. I always use lemon juice instead.

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    <shakes head, rolls eyes>

It is great for getting rid of soap & surfactant residue though... as in for a decent hair detangling rinse after shampooing, or in the dish rinse water to get the soap residue out of plastic-ware.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    <shakes head, rolls eyes>

It is great for getting rid of soap & surfactant residue though... as in for a decent hair detangling rinse after shampooing, or in the dish rinse water to get the soap residue out of plastic-ware.

these are new ones to me! thanks!

i use it in greek yogurt with some lemon to make a sour cream substitute. good with a dash of hot sauce too.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Dammit, while we're on the subject of vinegar, I picked up a bottle of mango white balsamic vinegar the other day because the samples they had out smelled heavenly. I just dumped a bunch of it on my salad and now I'm looking at the calories (wrong order, I know) and it's 40 calories per tbl! This is so unfair!

This is why I don't eat salad. By the time I'm done adding things to it, it has as many calories as a stack of protein pancakes. So I just eat those instead :p
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Dammit, while we're on the subject of vinegar, I picked up a bottle of mango white balsamic vinegar the other day because the samples they had out smelled heavenly. I just dumped a bunch of it on my salad and now I'm looking at the calories (wrong order, I know) and it's 40 calories per tbl! This is so unfair!

This is why I don't eat salad. By the time I'm done adding things to it, it has as many calories as a stack of protein pancakes. So I just eat those instead :p

Or a burger and I just eat the burger :laugh:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    hasonmd wrote: »
    ACV is a dieretic, so it will only take off water weight.

I took ACV for something else for two months and didn't notice any diuretic properties. And I didn't lose weight.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    some of us drink acv in water to make our systems more alkaline. it has nothing to do with weightloss..

Oh god where the kitten is that chart that explains that this is such kitten woo...

Oh, you mean this one?

ilutq2k3ximm.jpg

Was going to post this but beaten to it!