Ask and/or answer the opposite sex... Likes, dislikes, advice, gift ideas, hye, etc

Options

Replies

• Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    jamcdonel wrote: »

What bench? There is never a bench when I travel.

This is the only place where I truly become a passive aggressive troll.

I always do this intentionally to make things as uncomfortable as possible for the TSA. If they are going to make me strip down, open 3 bags, use 5 bins, take off my shoes and my belt (yes, I have gone through with my pants around my ankles), empty my pockets, start up my laptop, disassemble my CPAP and yell at me for sending my wallet through with cash in it, and then yell at me for leaving the cash in my pocket; just to satisfy their need for "security theatre" and justify their lifetime jobs. I am going to make it as difficult for them as possible.

The longer the line, and the slower it moves, the crankier the clientele.

I have boarded flights where everybody gets patted down personally. KLM, British Airways, EL AL, and they all go faster than the TSA!

Sorry, Not sorry.

I'm curious where everyone flies, I've never seen an airport without benches. I usually fly from the Midwest to the West, but in all but the smallest airports (and when I say that, I mean airports so small, the baggage claim and TSA security lines interfere with each other) I have always seen benches, usually right past the inspection tables.

I don't disagree about the security theatre. TSA is about the most worthless organization I have ever seen. It seems to know nothing about managing queues, it seems to know nothing about efficiency, and I'm not convinced they know anything about security.

fidycixer wrote: »

Where the nearest bench is...50 feet away...minimum.

50 feet? Maybe. I've never thought about the distance.

I'm not complaining because I prepare to travel efficiently, but I find a large portion of the general aviational patronage just can't get their *kitten* together. So 50 feet is a long way for some people who just don't do flying well.

I fly out of TF Green in Providence. The benches are 50 feet give or take a TSA guard standing around doing absolutely nothing...whatsoever.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »

I'm not sure what security is like in the states. But basically the airports I've been to have all been the same. You wait in a big line, take off your boots, jacket, belt, etc. and put it onto the conveyer thingy, step through the metal detector and sometimes get patted down and then that's it. Unless they think something looks suspicious in your bag, then it's checked through.

The last time I flew to Edmonton I beeped through the detector and got asked if I wanted to have one of those full body scans. I really wanted to try it but I was running late and didn't have time so I got patted down instead. :'(

Sounds pretty much the same except I'd say the body scanner is the norm. They usually don't seem to use the metal detector except when the queue for the scanner gets too backed up.

The sad part is I get pat down more in the scanner. I was traveling a lot due to a sick relative a few years back and I had a knee injury that I wore a brace. I had them pat down my crotch, my butt, my pockets, my ankles/socks but never my brace under my pants. That is when I was pretty convinced the TSA security was nothing but security theater
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Is there any profession that would discourage you from dating someone?
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options

TSA agent.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Prostitute lol...
    Otherwise no never, I'd never look down on someone working or trying to work as long as they work hard...
    But a prostitute can give you the hiv :#
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Anything illegal would be hard to reconcile.
    Possibly an occupation where the person was put into dangerous situations frequently.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

you forgot "with a wide thigh gap and huge back dimples."

I didn't even realize that thigh gaps and back dimples were even a thing until I came to MFP. But is this supposed to be a bad thing? Like, are we mocking it, now? I love my back dimples. I think they're adorable and you can mock them all you want! :D

thank you @toned_thugs_n_harmony

anytime my friend
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Question:

Sexiest article of clothing you own?

I don't like to stand out so sexy is definitely not how I would describe any of my clothes!

If I had to choose I’d say a pair of my cute little shorts.

And as the ladies above mentioned, can't go wrong with the LBD

I confess I have no idea what LBD is.

Don't worry; it took me a while to figure it out too.

I think it means:

Long Black *kitten*

I'm Pretty sure I'm correct on this one.
    I reckon somebody will let me know otherwise....
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Question:

I don't like to stand out so sexy is definitely not how I would describe any of my clothes!

I think it means:

Long Black *kitten*

Lol it means little black dress
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Question:

I think it means:

Long Black *kitten*

No, no .... I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one.

By the way

.... so, how many LBDs do you own?
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    as a single dad I feel it may make it a little harder for me to date; as a women is that something that would be a turn off especially knowing if we went out there would most likely be a +1?
  • turbostang7
    Options
    Question:

I think it means:

Long Black *kitten*

By the way

Lol you may be right. But what do I know haha.
    My definition of LBD? 1 lol
  • turbostang7
    Options
    as a single dad I feel it may make it a little harder for me to date; as a women is that something that would be a turn off especially knowing if we went out there would most likely be a +1?

I'm a mom (married though) but personally no it wouldn't be a turn off. However I don't think you should ever introduce children until it's fairly serious. It can be way too confusing and hard on them to meet every person you date and have them come in and out of their lives.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Question:

I think it means:

Long Black *kitten*

By the way

Lol you may be right. But what do I know haha.
    My definition of LBD? 1 lol

You're a good sport.

MAD RE5PEXT
  • neoke33
    neoke33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Answer #1. If she expressly wants the Fitbit then get it. If not, by getting it she may think your not happy with her results. Cold hard cash always makes the perfect gift.

Answer #2. Kindness, Work Ethic, Confidence
  • andrewq6100
    Options

I'm a mom (married though) but personally no it wouldn't be a turn off. However I don't think you should ever introduce children until it's fairly serious. It can be way too confusing and hard on them to meet every person you date and have them come in and out of their lives.

See i worried about that and thats why I havn't introduced him like that except my EX is the opposite bringing a different guy around every month and it worries me like what kind of changes would I expect if any from my son and how do I even tell her to stop without sounding like i'm trying to control her relationships lol
  • turbostang7
    Options

See i worried about that and thats why I havn't introduced him like that except my EX is the opposite bringing a different guy around every month and it worries me like what kind of changes would I expect if any from my son and how do I even tell her to stop without sounding like i'm trying to control her relationships lol

That's so hard. I would just try to bring it up in a way (if possible) where is all about your son and not at all about her/her relationships. Because his safety and wellbeing is really what matters above all
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

How old is your son? Is he old enough that you could talk to him about it? Kids are so perceptive. I'm sure he's noticed m, but depending on his age, he might not be sure what to make of it. It might be a lot easier to change his perspective on her behavior, than change her behavior.
  • andrewq6100
    Options

How old is your son? Is he old enough that you could talk to him about it? Kids are so perceptive. I'm sure he's noticed m, but depending on his age, he might not be sure what to make of it. It might be a lot easier to change his perspective on her behavior, than change her behavior.

He is only a year and 5 months but he is very observant for his age and I know no matter what I say to my EX she will not listen she only is thinking i'm trying to control her. Maybe I shouldn't worry so much now because he's still so young but I just don't want any random trying to act like a father or enact rules when they have no place to do so considering my boy is with me 90% of the time..
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

He is only a year and 5 months but he is very observant for his age and I know no matter what I say to my EX she will not listen she only is thinking i'm trying to control her. Maybe I shouldn't worry so much now because he's still so young but I just don't want any random trying to act like a father or enact rules when they have no place to do so considering my boy is with me 90% of the time..

It seems the type of guys she's bringing around don't really have any staying power or permanence. That might work in your favor as far as "acting like a father" towards YOUR son. Just meaning that if they aren't into a long term relationship with your EX, I doubt they'll be interested in parenting your son.