Ask and/or answer the opposite sex... Likes, dislikes, advice, gift ideas, hye, etc

Options

Replies

• JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Not just the bad but the good as well...
    This too shall pass...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    What is the best advise you can give in the realm of holding on vs. letting go?

Let go (try to it can be hard), yesterday is gone. Remember, learn but move on.

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    what are your pet peeves?

Liars
  • whiskey5jda2008
    whiskey5jda2008 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    what are your pet peeves? One of mine is slow people in the fast lane.
    So many of mine involve driving too
    - people turning in front of me so I have to slam on the breaks
    - people following too close
    - people passing you on the wrong side of the road
    - people who don't signal
    - people who weave in and out of lanes just to get maybe one car length ahead
    I'll stop for now

Oh I used to be a trucker. I could have a list as long as my arm. #2 peeve tho is people that pass you, get into your lane, and then mash on their brakes so they can take the next exit. >:-/
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    what are your pet peeves? One of mine is slow people in the fast lane.

People who drive like they're terrified, it's like I can't freaking change lanes for you.
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Question:
    for men and women - gender neutral question

Make-up, what is your preference?

- no make-up
    - subtle make-up
    - precise (heavy) make-up
    - other (something I haven't thought of - please specify)

I wear makeup EVERY DAY as soon as I get iut of bed. It's precise and I touch it up many times throughout the day. I also always have my hair fixed and I always wear jewelry. There is nothing subtle about me. I dont even own a sweat shirt or sweat pants. *shrug*. My hubby likes it bc I'm always ready to go and he doesnt have to wait. LOL.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

People who insist on reassembling themselves at the end of the X-ray machine at airport security, backing up the line while everyone waits for them. Grab your *kitten*, get out of the way, and go sit on the bench to put your shoes and belt back on
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »

People who insist on reassembling themselves at the end of the X-ray machine at airport security, backing up the line while everyone waits for them. Grab your *kitten*, get out of the way, and go sit on the bench to put your shoes and belt back on

What bench? There is never a bench when I travel.

This is the only place where I truly become a passive aggressive troll.

I always do this intentionally to make things as uncomfortable as possible for the TSA. If they are going to make me strip down, open 3 bags, use 5 bins, take off my shoes and my belt (yes, I have gone through with my pants around my ankles), empty my pockets, start up my laptop, disassemble my CPAP and yell at me for sending my wallet through with cash in it, and then yell at me for leaving the cash in my pocket; just to satisfy their need for "security theatre" and justify their lifetime jobs. I am going to make it as difficult for them as possible.

The longer the line, and the slower it moves, the crankier the clientele.

I have boarded flights where everybody gets patted down personally. KLM, British Airways, EL AL, and they all go faster than the TSA!

Sorry, Not sorry.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    slider728 wrote: »

I always do this intentionally to make things as uncomfortable as possible for the TSA. If they are going to make me strip down, open 3 bags, use 5 bins, take off my shoes and my belt (yes, I have gone through with my pants around my ankles), empty my pockets, start up my laptop, disassemble my CPAP and yell at me for sending my wallet through with cash in it, and then yell at me for leaving the cash in my pocket; just to satisfy their need for "security theatre" and justify their lifetime jobs. I am going to make it as difficult for them as possible.

I have boarded flights where everybody gets patted down personally. KLM, British Airways, EL AL, and they all go faster than the TSA!

Sorry, Not sorry.

and walk about 50 feet to the nearest seat I can find.

Where the nearest bench is...50 feet away...minimum.

• Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Why do men think *kitten* pics are a turn on?

I am not sure if me do. I think there is a documentary about Anthony Weiner, we may find the answer in there.

Wait, are we talking about sending kitten picks or receiving kitten picks?

Either way, not a turn-on for me.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Options

To be honest sometimes I think they're a turn on when I receive them. They just have to be solicited and the guy needs to know his angles.

What I don't understand is why men think that certain angles are flattering.

I think men are just bad at taking "selfies" no matter what part of the body they are shooting. At least I know I'm horrible at taking "selfies"-- of my face, head shot, portrait, whatever it's called.

BTW, what is a good angle?
  • slider728
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »

Sorry, Not sorry.

I'm curious where everyone flies, I've never seen an airport without benches. I usually fly from the Midwest to the West, but in all but the smallest airports (and when I say that, I mean airports so small, the baggage claim and TSA security lines interfere with each other) I have always seen benches, usually right past the inspection tables.

I don't disagree about the security theatre. TSA is about the most worthless organization I have ever seen. It seems to know nothing about managing queues, it seems to know nothing about efficiency, and I'm not convinced they know anything about security.

fidycixer wrote: »

Where the nearest bench is...50 feet away...minimum.

50 feet? Maybe. I've never thought about the distance.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Options
    Question:

Sexiest article of clothing you own?

I don't like to stand out so sexy is definitely not how I would describe any of my clothes!

If I had to choose I’d say a pair of my cute little shorts.

And as the ladies above mentioned, can't go wrong with the LBD

I confess I have no idea what LBD is.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Question:

Sexiest article of clothing you own?

I don't like to stand out so sexy is definitely not how I would describe any of my clothes!

If I had to choose I’d say a pair of my cute little shorts.

And as the ladies above mentioned, can't go wrong with the LBD

I confess I have no idea what LBD is.

Little Black Dress
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Options

To be honest sometimes I think they're a turn on when I receive them. They just have to be solicited and the guy needs to know his angles.

What I don't understand is why men think that certain angles are flattering.

I think men are just bad at taking "selfies" no matter what part of the body they are shooting. At least I know I'm horrible at taking "selfies"-- of my face, head shot, portrait, whatever it's called.

BTW, what is a good angle?

I think selfies are better when they're taken either at eye level or slightly higher than that.

A lot of men seem to think that great selfies are taken when the camera is held at knee-height. Most of the time that's not good.

I confess, I have not put up a picture of myself because I suck at taking selfies. So I should take a picture of my face/head slightly above eye level? Should I smile or look serious?

See this stuff is hard for me.
  • slider728
    Options

The airports I've been to most often are located in Canada. Victoria, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal. The last time I was at any of those = no benches.

I'll be the first to admit I haven't been in a Canadian airport in probably 30+ years. I've always driven in Canada because I like the scenery there.

Is security in the Canadian airports as strict and uptight as it is in the States?