Ask and/or answer the opposite sex... Likes, dislikes, advice, gift ideas, hye, etc

Options

Replies

• Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Question:

If you could have any muscle massaged right now, what and why?

My glutes... They are so freaking sore from all the running... And tight OH

This!
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Question:

So my first day off in like 9 of 10 days (all 10hr days except for one 12hr day). I recommend she gets up and works out with me but she prefers to sleep in, eat breakfast and watch TV...

By the time I finish, she's getting out of the shower to go to zumba and body pump and gone for a few hours. She then comes home and wants to eat lunch and shower...

Now I'm sorry but I've worked my *kitten* off for this time off and I'm not sitting around waiting for you like a dumbass... I'm going to take my boy to the park and have errands to run...

For dinner she's taking off with my sister in law (whom I just love btw) and my son and I are going Lazer tagging...

Tomorrow it will be the same thing only she's going out with friends for a bday...

I've got a bottle of wine that is just not going to get drunk until Sunday unless I drink it myself and I could really use a drink since I don't at all on work days...

I mean the you know what last night was freaking mind blowing but other than that, it's hard to not feel... Undervalued I guess, especially since how little of each other we've seen the last week and a half..

I'm I over reacting?

Have you said this to her?

Because I can understand where you're coming from, you seem to have really long work days and it can be really frustrating when your schedules don't line up, but it's not something that will be fixed unless you communicate this feeling with her.

I'd also suggest talking to her about scheduling a date night or something like that, because then it can't be turned around into you not "respecting her free time" or something, which a lot of people like to turn these conversations into...

Yeah actually, to exhaustion in fact...
    Like you said though, it always gets twisted into "Well you got to work out..."

To which I usually point out how I get up before the sun to get mine, even on my days off... Only to hear..." I'm not you"... Yeah, no shi+...

Sorry just #venting
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Question:

So my first day off in like 9 of 10 days (all 10hr days except for one 12hr day). I recommend she gets up and works out with me but she prefers to sleep in, eat breakfast and watch TV...

By the time I finish, she's getting out of the shower to go to zumba and body pump and gone for a few hours. She then comes home and wants to eat lunch and shower...

Now I'm sorry but I've worked my *kitten* off for this time off and I'm not sitting around waiting for you like a dumbass... I'm going to take my boy to the park and have errands to run...

For dinner she's taking off with my sister in law (whom I just love btw) and my son and I are going Lazer tagging...

Tomorrow it will be the same thing only she's going out with friends for a bday...

I've got a bottle of wine that is just not going to get drunk until Sunday unless I drink it myself and I could really use a drink since I don't at all on work days...

I mean the you know what last night was freaking mind blowing but other than that, it's hard to not feel... Undervalued I guess, especially since how little of each other we've seen the last week and a half..

I'm I over reacting?

Have you said this to her?

Because I can understand where you're coming from, you seem to have really long work days and it can be really frustrating when your schedules don't line up, but it's not something that will be fixed unless you communicate this feeling with her.

I'd also suggest talking to her about scheduling a date night or something like that, because then it can't be turned around into you not "respecting her free time" or something, which a lot of people like to turn these conversations into...

Yeah actually, to exhaustion in fact...
    Like you said though, it always gets twisted into "Well you got to work out..."

To which I usually point out how I get up before the sun to get mine, even on my days off... Only to hear..." I'm not you"... Yeah, no shi+...

Sorry just #venting

That's rough. And it's sometimes really hard to have those conversations without someone taking offense and getting upset.
    Maybe just talk to her about a date night. Or just plan one and tell her to be ready for it and not really give her an out to say she doesn't feel up to it or whatever.

It's really tough when one or both of you work long hours and weird schedules to make time for those deeper connections and time for each other. You just have to make it a priority and let her know she is one and hope she reciprocates.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Question:

I'm I over reacting?

I don't think you are over reacting, you are upset and it sounds like with fair reason.
    Both of you deserve to do what you want with your days off, and you should.
    It's good that you have plans with your child, that should be fun for both of you.
    If it were me, I would try to explain to my SO in a casual non confrontational way that I miss spending time with them and ask them how they think that the two of you can make that happen. Whether it is scheduling time (which I kinda hate the sound of "scheduling") or maybe just by bringing it up it will make your SO aware that this is upsetting you. Maybe she is unaware that you are upset?
    I hope you can find a balance in your schedules and relationship.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »
    Ladies.

Bald guys in good physical shape. Sexy or nah?

Asking for a friend.

Yes, very sexy.
  • canary_girl
    Options
    Ladies.

Asking for a friend.

Good question, but what I want to know is: Bald guys in only okay physical shape. Sexy or nah?

Still sexy.
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Man, if I have a day off, I'd actually have breakfast with my wife and not ask her to go work out with me. She does not enjoy working out. And I know that.

I like to eat together. But I prefer working out alone. And I learnt a long time ago to not bother her sleeping in because my *kitten* was handed to me in a platter ;)

You may be overreacting a bit.

Two points:
    Always say yes for lunch
    Don't tamper with sleeping in

Piggy lessons of the day.

You're probably right..

We did make up, I just tried to laugh it off with her joking that if we could still have that much "fun" together... Everything else is really Bs...
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Man, if I have a day off, I'd actually have breakfast with my wife and not ask her to go work out with me. She does not enjoy working out. And I know that.

I like to eat together. But I prefer working out alone. And I learnt a long time ago to not bother her sleeping in because my *kitten* was handed to me in a platter ;)

Two points:
    Always say yes for lunch

You're probably right..

We did make up, I just tried to laugh it off with her joking that if we could still have that much "fun" together... Everything else is really Bs...

Glad you guys made up
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Ladies.

Asking for a friend.

Yes, very sexy.

Second FR sent.
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Is there any profession that would discourage you from dating someone?

Yes. If I was single now...A Marine would make me pause a minute. I married a Marine, it was a hard life. Great but tough. The worry during war and the long absences during deployment. Idk if I'd be willing to go through it at this point in my life. So I would be leery of getting involved with a Marine....much as I love them!!!!
  • TommyW45
    TommyW45 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A prostitute or stripper !
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Two points:
    Always say yes for lunch

You're probably right..

I always say I aint arguing with someone I can't have make-up "fun" with....

It's hard with different schedules and long work days. I get both sides of it. Make it a plan to have a scheduled date night. That's what we've done the past several months and it's helped us out for sure.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    TommyW45 wrote: »

I don't understand your question...please clarify what you are asking and I will spew my opinion :)
  • TommyW45
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I don't understand your question...please clarify what you are asking and I will spew my opinion :)

I wouldn't want to date a prostitute or stripper . I would be discouraged from their work !
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    So I was taking to this women who I thought everything was cool, we met a few times, but ever since I moved we have only been able to video chat and phone call. Well feelings were generating (i'm assuming) and everything was chill. She had always constantly told me about this one ex of 3 years that is her best friend that emotionally abuses her and etc but yet she still hangs out with him cause hes family and cause hes helped her out in the past and he "protects her" but yet shes depressed,in a rut, lost (or so she says)

She sends me screen shots of their chats and him bashing her, literally dehumanizing her, she calls me asking what to do, and I give her my opinion. Well apparently today she didn't like my opinion and she blew up saying that it's non of my business and that I should be more considerate and that how can she cut ties with someone who is family shes not "heartless" and that it doesn't matter that he does what he does cause shes "emotionally numb"

I'm kind of taken aback because A)I did not mean to stir a hornets nest or even want to get involved in their situation but she threw me in there anyways by always sending me their chats and telling me how depressed shes feeling, and I TRY to help I try to be a friend..and B) would it be wrong if I just ghost'ed her after this because in reality I do NOT have time for that kind of jazz nor want to be around any negativity i'm a positive dude and if people don't want to be helped then idk how else I can help!
  • canary_girl
    Options
    So I was taking to this women who I thought everything was cool, we met a few times, but ever since I moved we have only been able to video chat and phone call. Well feelings were generating (i'm assuming) and everything was chill. She had always constantly told me about this one ex of 3 years that is her best friend that emotionally abuses her and etc but yet she still hangs out with him cause hes family and cause hes helped her out in the past and he "protects her" but yet shes depressed,in a rut, lost (or so she says)

She sends me screen shots of their chats and him bashing her, literally dehumanizing her, she calls me asking what to do, and I give her my opinion. Well apparently today she didn't like my opinion and she blew up saying that it's non of my business and that I should be more considerate and that how can she cut ties with someone who is family shes not "heartless" and that it doesn't matter that he does what he does cause shes "emotionally numb"

I'm kind of taken aback because A)I did not mean to stir a hornets nest or even want to get involved in their situation but she threw me in there anyways by always sending me their chats and telling me how depressed shes feeling, and I TRY to help I try to be a friend..and B) would it be wrong if I just ghost'ed her after this because in reality I do NOT have time for that kind of jazz nor want to be around any negativity i'm a positive dude and if people don't want to be helped then idk how else I can help!

She seems to be an askhole. I wouldn't spend anymore time with her.
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options

I personally would never turn away someone who comes to me for help or just to vent...

But I would make it clear at the same time that I'm hear to be a friend and listen at the very least...

Not to serve as a punching bag or someone they can take their frustration out on...
  • Vikka_V
    Options

I personally would never turn away someone who comes to me for help or just to vent...

But I would make it clear at the same time that I'm hear to be a friend and listen at the very least...

Not to serve as a punching bag or someone they can take their frustration out on...

I agree with this 100%
    Very well said
  • Vikka_V
    Options

I wouldn't want to date a prostitute or stripper . I would be discouraged from their work !

Gotcha!
    Answering a question, not asking one
  • TommyW45
    Options

Gotcha!
    Answering a question, not asking one

Yes sorry I should have reference the question first , my bad lol