Boring chicken breast

Options

Replies

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Marinate in Penzey's Fajita seasonings, lime and olive oil. Salsa crockpot chicken.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    1 TBS reduced fat (or full fat if you prefer, I actually prefer the taste of reduced fat) sour cream mixed with one TBS of picante sauce, makes a yummy and easy dipping sauce for grilled chicken breast. I also use different Mrs. Dash to season it before grilling it on the George Foreman.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    hot sauce! or Buffalo wing sauce, then just a dash of ranch and a couple cubes of good quality mozzarella (you don't need a lot). You can eat it with rice or pasta or plain by itself.

Also, toss it in the crock pot with some olive oil, water, and Mrs. Dash.
  • rayas1
    rayas1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recently started using Old Bay seasoning with a little onion powder and paprika. It was something different and I loved it. I also started adding fruit in whenever I made a salad with grilled chicken. I find that I'm more satisfied with it as a meal than if I just left veggies in it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    a variety of marinades depending on what I'm in the mood for.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'll do a half and half mix of a fruit jam and chile paste. Pick the right jam and you get sweet, sour and spicy all at once.

Lately, though, I roast a whole chicken stuffed with lemons and onions and seasoned inside and out with Aunt Jane's Crazy Salt (salt & pepper is good too).
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I've gotten really sick of chicken breast lately. I started eating pork loin with apple sauce it's nearly the same macros, and it gives me the variety I need.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    zilkah wrote: »
    I marinade in various low cal salad dressings I can find

Ya, I like to marinate chicken tenders in Caesar dressing, grill them, and have them in a wrap. Or have them in a big salad with the tortilla heated up and chopped up.

I also like chicken breast in fajitas or Thai stir fry.

I prefer chicken thighs for recipes using the crockpot or longer cooking time.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    What do you add to your chicken breast for flavor without adding too many calories?

Most any kind of spice/seasoning.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    chicken oven roasted with some hummus on top is amazing...soo juicy
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Also Clubhouse makes a great Lime Sriracha seasoning that I add to chicken breast if I do eat it. Didn't read the other replies, not sure if it's already been suggested.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options

Do you oven roast and then top with hummus or top with hummous and then roast?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

top with hummus; throw on a sheet pan and cook - I'll have to see if I can dig up the recipe since I haven't used in a while

this is similar to the one I used - http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/hummus-crusted-chicken/
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options

top with hummus; throw on a sheet pan and cook - I'll have to see if I can dig up the recipe since I haven't used in a while

this is similar to the one I used - http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/hummus-crusted-chicken/

Thanks. I really like the sound of this so I'll give it a go.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »
    salt, pepper, garlic - and throw it on the grill. Properly grilled chicken is sooo much better than baked, imo.

Also my first thought.
    Marinades are pretty amazing, as many have said.
    I also love a good fruit & veg salsa/relish/pico type of thing. So many combinations.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    I've gotten really sick of chicken breast lately. I started eating pork loin with apple sauce it's nearly the same macros, and it gives me the variety I need.

I agree pork loin is a great alternative to chicken breasts.

Also if you belong to one of the warehouse clubs like Sam's or Costco, buying a whole boneless pork loin and cutting it up yourself is another way to save money.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »

Also super-tasty. I like to bake the apples in with the pork, then either mash or leave as wedges to eat.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and a Greek seasoning blend - most of the marinade stays in the bag so very minimal calories stay with the chicken. If you let it marinate long enough you can even pat it down to remove some extra.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I tend to go with boneless/skinless chicken thighs. A little more flavorful, I think. Sometimes just cooked or grilled with salt/pepper or with BBQ sauce.