Boring chicken breast

Options
What do you add to your chicken breast for flavor without adding too many calories?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Schwartz Thai 7 Spice - tastes amazeballs! Only a couple of calories to it. There are also some great recipes using instant potato mix to make baked "fried style" chicken.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,544 Member
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    What do you add to your chicken breast for flavor without adding too many calories?
    Joe's Stuff

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• annteja
    annteja Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Tomato souce / curry / honey / garlic / chilli / anything really because you don't really need a lot.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

Too many calories and I'm not a fan of bacon lol
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Paprika
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Salsa, marinara sauce and mozzarella, bbq rub or sauce, garlic and lemon juice
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I marinade in various low cal salad dressings I can find
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Tandoori powder or grillstock rub
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    Bacon.

Too many calories and I'm not a fan of bacon lol

Bacon has 30 calories per slice... Hardly a calorie bomb. As far as not a fan, you asked for suggestions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Chipotle paste or a home-made tandoori marinade - I like this one https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1660651/tandoori-chicken. I use fat free Greek yogurt.
  • CalorieKing
    CalorieKing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First any meat is best when cooked properly. I like to marinade with fresh herbs, Rosemary and Lemon pinch of salt in a ziplock with Avocado oil. Try Avocado oil in place of olive for searing although I like to Sous Vide then sear for looks. If you prep the dish before hand to really let the flavors develop Sousvide can make the chicken the best you have ever had. Steak works good as well. As for other combos any spice you like if allowed to soak in adds flavor without too much calorie. Buy fresh if possible and experiment.
  • runner_gurl76
    runner_gurl76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oven baked Chicken breast. Start with a 9x13 glass baking dish. Preheat oven to 375.
    1/4 cup EVOO
    3T Siracha
    1T chili flakes

Brush onto the chicken breast (both sides) and bake for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, spoon 2T of pico or fresh salsa over each breast.
    Top with 1 slice of the cheese of your choice.

Place back in over for 3-5 minutes until the cheese starts to melt.

It's high flavour, low carb, high protein, and all delicious.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    marinate in 1 tbsp rice wine, 1 tbsp soy sauce for 15 mins and then add a teeny bit of cornflower (quarter of a teaspoon if that) the thicken just before stir frying with veg of your choice.

or garlic salt and paprika

or cajun spices

or tandori spices

or crumble over half a chicken or veg stock cube whilst cooking

I wok practically all my chicken and just tend to grab the nearest spice. :)
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I season according to my mood. Mrs Dash and McCormicks makes so many different flavors. One of my favorites is to score a boneless chicken breast, season with McCormick kickin chicken, then cook in nonstick skillet sprayed with no stick spray. It's spicy but so good. Also, look at weber marinades. They make some that you mix with lemon juice and some with apple juice.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    salt, pepper, garlic - and throw it on the grill. Properly grilled chicken is sooo much better than baked, imo.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    With the right seasonings you can make your chicken taste pretty much however you like.

Me? I just use hot sauce.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the great recipes & tips!