What's your favorite nut?

Options

Replies

• jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Definitely peanuts but I rarely have them. If I do, it's just in the form of peanut butter.

I didn't want to mention peanuts because sticklers would be like, "that's a LEGUME, not a NUT." It counts in my book though. My husband and I say that if we could meet George Washington Carver (credited with inventing or popularizing peanut butter) we would fan out for him like he's Beyoncé. Peanuts/peanut butter taste good in almost everything.
    fitRTs wrote: »
    I'm a vegetarian who is also a very picky eater so I depend on nuts for protein quite a bit.

There are tons of great roasted nut recipes out there I end up eating them raw most of the time. I like almonds and cashews, or i'll buy a mix. Spicy is good because then I won't eat way too many... a smallish serving is actually pretty calorie dense and I could easily overdo it.

Salt & Pepper Cashews are really good! Almonds roasted with whatever spice combinations you can think of are always a good bet too. I used to add walnuts and honey to vanilla greek yogurt and that was a great combo for me too.

Fellow veggie! Hey girl hey! Technically pesca now, but only for 2 years of my 17 year journey.
  • jbirdgreen
    edited March 2017
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    I can't stand most nuts. The best way to get me to NOT eat chocolate anything is to put walnuts or pecans in them. I can only eat almonds if they are the wasabi flavored ones. Otherwise, I recently found that like cashews. I like peanuts, but then peanuts aren't nuts. Cashews remind me of peanuts.

Hey, it's something! Glad you found one you like. Cashews ARE similar to peanuts...hmm, never thought about it before.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    my mom
  • jbirdgreen
    Options
    LOL my mom's one of my favorite nuts too. @runningforthetrain

Clever.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    My husband.

Buuut, if we're talking about the edible kind, all of them. I like them. Raw (the ones that can be eaten raw), roasted, boiled, ground into butter, chocolate coated, in recipes...I like nuts (phrasing).
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    If you live near an Aldi, you need to check out their Almond Chocolate Composé. The dark version is the best chocolate I have ever had, and I am quite the connoisseur, as I eat a kitten's* bodyweight in dark chocolate daily.

*Actual kitten, not swear filter.
  • ladyannique2017
    ladyannique2017 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hazelnuts are my all time favorite. Followed by sesame seeds.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Almonds...usually slivered in my breakfast oats.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    You, you are my favorite nut! lol, I think I'm funny. There are so many, I like just about all of them. But if I had to pick one, probably the walnut.

I hardly ever eat nuts because to me their like chips and before I know it I've eaten 800 calories worth!

• lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I like most nuts, but I'd say pecans are my favorite. I just wish they had more protein (and while I'm wishing, can I wish they had fewer calories?!?). My least favorite are Brazil nuts and cashews, but I'll eat them. I love walnuts but due to my son's walnut allergy, we tend to not buy/use them.

I just had some Smucker's natural creamy peanut butter--yum!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Salted Cashews. Honey Roasted Peanuts. Salted Pecans...or sweet pecans from the fair.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate the taste of American Black Walnuts except if they're baked in anything.

Black walnuts are good for one thing: the wood from the tree makes great furniture.

English walnuts are great eating!

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Brazil nuts, preferably salted.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Pecans, almonds, peanuts, macadamia nuts. Love all of them. Have to watch it though...so easy to for me overdo it, so I don't eat them to often (except for peanut butter - that's a daily treat!).
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the bowl of nuts in the shell we always had sitting out: filberts (another name for hazelnuts), almonds, walnuts, pecans, and Brazil nuts. Loved cracking and, in the case of pecans and walnuts, picking out the nutmeats. Almonds were the easiest, Brazil nuts the hardest. When cleaning out Mom's house last summer after she passed away, I grabbed her nut bowl and filled it with nuts this Christmas. Tradition must continue!
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Even though I am on a Paleo diet, I still like all nuts and even the lowly peanut legume. The only one I don't like is the filbert / hazelnut (but I LOVE Frangelica). I love peanut butter and I eat a spoon full as a snack almost every day. I like my nuts as flours, fried, ground, roasted, raw, steamed, sprouted...
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Cashews, but they're so calorie dense I rarely have them.
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    pistachio. no one else???

I was also going to say Pistachios; I can't believe no one has mentioned them yet. I buy the big container of unsalted mixed nuts from Sam's Club. Definitely a fan of pistachios and almonds
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've never met a nut I didn't like. I've even come to appreciate the simple peanut. I used to pick 'em out of every nut mix.

Pecans are my childhood fav. I adore pistachios and almonds. I wish macadamia and hazelnuts weren't so expensive. Cashews are good only in small amounts. I've made myself sick on those a couple times. They're super rich to me.