30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• reasonibreath
    Options
    I'm on day 12 now (well I will be, it's midnight). (before I ate badly for 3 days in a row) I had lost 2 pounds and 2" in the first 9 days, and I'm actually noticing a difference now!
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    Day 2 done...

Not as bad as I was expecting, given the aches. Hope tomorrow isn't worse though!

I did hit my two year old on the head with a dumbell though and then he pinned my ponytail to the floor during the crunches.
  • ashleyjayne89
    Options
    Really disappointed that this morning was my day 3 shred and not day 4 like I planned.

I have a 10 week old beagle pup who I came home to find rather unwell, so was sorting her out and generally just being being a soft touch lastnight!

Got up early and did my day 3 shred this morning to avoid the risk of caving to Friday night laziness.. Excited to reach the half way mark of level one this weekend!

How is everyone else feeling? X
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I got an invite a month ago to a friends 40th birthday night out and vowed to get back into healthy eating and exercise to lose the extra weight I've put on - needless to say I didn't! So now got 15 days till the big event and nothing fits, so panicking quite a bit!

So yesterday I decided to go straight onto level 2 cos I'd read that people were seeing results after doing just 10 days at level 1. Anyway, it was quite hard, but managed to do a combination of both easy and harder versions and when it got a bit much, just stood and marched on the spot till got breath back, then joined in again, sometimes going straight back to harder version.

So far I've only noticed a bit of pain in my tummy when I sit up, did think my legs might've hurt a bit, especially after the skipping, though maybe it's cos I do a lot of walking and I'll feel it more tomorrow instead.

I'm hoping that it might get rid of my muffin top at the back as you can breathe in and make your tummy look a bit flatter, but can't do anything about your lower back! Has anyone noticed a difference in this area?
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ow ow ow ow.

How can I do this again today? Feel like I've been hit by a bus.

Hope you're better soon Funken.

You're doing well! Keep it up:) Thanks so much, yep, I'm just resting at the moment. I've had the flu for 8 weeks, and thought I was getting better, but apparently doc says not. I'm on rest and fluids for now
  • elm7f
    elm7f Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Mind if I join in. I just finished day 1 of level two. I finished the 30DS back in June. I was very pleased with the results but then I completely binged the whole summer. I started feeling very gross and sloth like so I started 30DS again. The first 10 days I didn't follow any diet. (well I Limited myself to one soda a week) but now I want to step it up so I'm going to follow Jillians "Ripped in 30" meal plan. Hopefully that'll have me feeling better just in time to go back to the beach this Fall. Good luck to us all!
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1. Hard but not horrible. Felt good!
  • flowersofgaia
    Options
    So happy to be doing this and motivating myself to stick at it too! It will be the first time I actually commit to something and stick to an exercise plan so hoping to keep the momentum up by joining all you beautiful people. I am on day 3 on level one and my body is aching a little but not much. I've been doing the modified push ups and after day five I might see if I can handle a full push up. They are my main challenge out of the whole thing so determined to progress :) Anyone else on day three? For all the new faces, keep up the work it will be totally worth it!
    Shine bright guys, you are the masters!!
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I posted earlier today about starting on level 2 yesterday and skipping level 1 and that apart from a bit of pain in my tummy, everything else was ok.

Well I did day 2, level 2 after that post and about 2 hrs later I was holding onto handrail for dear life every time I went up/downstairs! My calves and thighs are killing me, god knows what I'm going to be like tomorrow - guess it was a delayed reaction from yesterday!

It's a good kind of pain though, makes me feel proud of myself for pushing myself so hard (well actually exercising in general) - if you know wot I mean.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    today was tough but I did it, even though everything about today I just wanted a day off, but I pushed myself to at least do the 30 mins of that, thats a big deal for me normally at the first excuse that comes up I don't work out yay day 17 done 13 to go!
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    today was tough but I did it, even though everything about today I just wanted a day off, but I pushed myself to at least do the 30 mins of that, thats a big deal for me normally at the first excuse that comes up I don't work out yay day 17 done 13 to go!

Great job! You can do this

Oh, forgot to mention: if anyone'd like to add me, please feel welcome:)
  • Tamois
    Tamois Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just done day 1 - and just read all your posts and feeling very much part of a group! How lovely is Jillian! I was expecting a scary shouty woman but she's really encouraging. I'm now sweating buckets and feel ready to start my day. Good luck everyone - and good luck my muscles for day 2 tomorrow!
  • ljhall8
    ljhall8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started 4 days ago so I will join
  • sarahkemkat
    sarahkemkat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Day 4 level 1 complete :)

It is getting better, I did struggled a little with the lunges as my thigh muscles are tight but managed to push through it.
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    Day three done

Better than day two but day one was still the easiest! feeling apprehensive about the next level I'm quite comfortable here!

I need to measure myself actually as I know I'll be disheartened if I don't see much of a result on the scales.

Sweaty.
  • TravisHoltman76
    Options
    Day 4 level 1 down! I walk a 5k every morning, well a little more (3.45 miles) then I take a 15 minute break and start the 30 day shred. My calves are always sore.. sometimes when I drive to the store when I get out of the car I can barely stand up (lol). but I am doing it and getting my fat butt off the couch. I will be posting some before and after photos soon

Good Luck everyone
  • Sarahsw9
    Sarahsw9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me?

A couple of days ago I read a thread about using a mix of JM DVDs for a month. There was a 30 day plan that had a mix of workouts from 2 or 3 different DVDs. Trouble is, I forgot to save it and now I can't find it again (I have tried a search but no luck yet). Does anyone know the thread I mean?
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start level 3 and I'm terrified lol but I've lost 9lbs so far doing the shred I started incorporating 45 minutes of cardio when I started level 2 and I eat 1200 calories a day here are my results so far

ei8tbs.jpg

z04fk.jpg
    wow this is amazing!
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    Day four done. Not too bad at all. Nothing to report - I just have to check in here to try and keep myself on track. Good luck everyone. What are people thinking about level 2?
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Day 6, level 3 done.