30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• emmaclair7
    Options
    OMG! All these last few days I have felt discouraged not see the results I expected but this morning I put on a dress i haven't worn in about 2 months ( and it was tight then) is now pretty lose. It feels great! I love it I don't want to lose this excited feeling. :-D

Hey, well done. Hope it works for me. Started level two yesterday after all. Didn't seem too bad. Had to do a few of the easier moves and did it too close to eating so wasn't exactly at my best! Not adore today which I'm surprised about.
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    'Sore' not 'adore'!

Really need some motivation though. Can't face it today. Too hot, too tired, too busy.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I was feeling so discouraged I was doubling or tripling up on working out either 30ds or adding in some walking or something. I think that was the jump I needed to get the scale and myself going in the right direction. now I am going back to only one a day until I finish 30ds on Thursday. I am going to do Insanity next I hope I hope I don't die.
  • greenmm25
    Options
    for motivation I struggled for a long time, and still do struggle but once you have your mind set you just get it done, I have a hard time getting things done on my own with my husband and kids home but now they have learned for that 30-60 mins I am working out to leave me alone. And with it being too hot I just keep a big cold water bottle and as soon as I am done I jump in the shower. then it feels even better. I have gotten to a point right now that I am stick and tired of starting over and fighting the same battles with myself,
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    Yeah - you're so right! I did my day 12 as and really felt it afterwards which gave me a jump start. I think I'm annoyed with myself as I can't do all of the full exercises on level two and I'm a perfectionist so it frustrates me. Go careful with insanity - I managed three weeks last year and then ended up at the hospital with a wrecked ankle!
  • greenmm25
    Options
    oh no thats no good! I don't need anything broken yes I will be careful. I just do a mixture of the difficulties on 30 ds like push ups.. yeah not happening or those planks on level 3 with the leg raises and weight lifts, nope Impossible for me. On the planks with leg lifts i cant figure out if it is hard because my weights are so low I can't hold them right or I am just not strong enough yet. Oh well. You can only do what you can do don't kill yourself with not doing all the toughest moves. Good job keeping it up too!
  • jcs0530
    jcs0530 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    D4 L1, a little sore in the chest from the push ups. scissor crunches kicking my butt. Hope to shift to L2 by the weekend or sooner.
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    13 shreds in 13 days! Nearly halfway.

Then I can sit back down and eat crap once more.

Joke.

I would have probably excused myself by now without this thread. Not really seen a loss but if nothing else my limbs are solid and I feel much fitter!
  • ashleyjayne89
    Options
    Ugh help I have fallen off the wagon! My planned rest day on Saturday has merged into a few rest days. My other half who usually works away has been home since then and I have literally just forgotten to do it. So disappointed in myself as that's not the mindset I was in last week.

Feeling crap bodywise and just feeling like this isn't going to work.

Need to get back at it before the end of the day. Maybe even right now
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    Well Ashley - I see you did get right back on it - well done! A few days won't hurt in the longer term - the worry about falling off the wagon is getting into a '*kitten* it' mind set and really derailing yourself. Just get back on and carry on. Bet you feel better already?
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    Not happy.

Went to the fit club / fat club at work today. I'm 14 days in and have lost a negligible amount of weight and body fat (and inches). Shouldn't I have started seeing more results by now?? I'm eating much better than I was but I know there are still improvements to be made so will try and get that on track. I also feel fitter and my muscles are solid but was expecting more by now. :explode:
  • emmaclair7
    Options
    I did my day 14 but struggled to put in as much effort as usual. Think that was about my head than my body. Hurt my elbow too but nothing serious I don't think. Stupid plank.
  • greenmm25
    Options
    great job pushing through even though your head wasn't in it, in my book those count even more because it take a ton more effort. Yesterday I went to the gym and hurt my ankle on a stupid stair machine (and not when I was using it) I was grabbing my phone and the thing swung back and hit me straight in the ankle and the pain shot up my leg to my hip but I just think it hit a nerve because everything else is ok just sore around the front of my ankle. I didn't feel any pain doing the 30 day shred but when I went to stretch at the end and almost fell over because I forgot about it and it caught me off guard. But hey one more day!!
  • AnnelizabethB
    AnnelizabethB Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So I've been doing 30DS for 6 days now. I'm not sore when I wake up anymore but still am feeling it when I'm doing the work out. What I've noticed is my appetite has increased. Not just a little but a lot. Anyone else get that way on the program?
  • sojazzi22
    Options
    eqawrl.jpg

Can't believe I did the full 30 days now to figure out what's next any suggestions?
  • dkalita
    dkalita Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So I've been doing 30DS for 6 days now. I'm not sore when I wake up anymore but still am feeling it when I'm doing the work out. What I've noticed is my appetite has increased. Not just a little but a lot. Anyone else get that way on the program?

I just started Level 2. I am so hungry these days!!! Even upped my calorie goal from 1200 to 1500, as i didn't want my body to go into starvation mode or whateva. Is it becoz of the 30 DS???? I never really related the two until i saw ur post. Hmmmm....:huh:
  • greenmm25
    Options
    your building muscle and that burns more calories. I didn't lose much weight during the month but I saw a lot of other changes I am planing on redoing it in Oct. with heavier weights.
  • corby165
    corby165 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im on lv1 day 5, i cant see any changes when i look in the mirror but i can feel them! My jeans feel loose too! Im just hoping that by the end of the 30 days, i lose some inches from my 'love handles' as its the one place i hold most of my weight! Loving the dvd! I even started to drowned out Jillian's voice! Its flyin over the workouts now, as soon as it get the the back rows and lunges or as i call it 'murder workout' as it bloody hurts! I know its not long till the end :) Guna finish off the rest of the 30 days and do 30 second slim and then do it again
  • sdivin
    sdivin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    eqawrl.jpg

Can't believe I did the full 30 days now to figure out what's next any suggestions?

Awesome results! I just finished Lvl 1 Day 6. I can tell a big difference in how much easier it is to do the moves, which is a huge motivator for me, but I'm hoping to have physical results like yours! Way to go!

I've read some posts from others who are or planning to follow up the 30 Day Shred with Ripped in 30. Maybe try that one?
  • kristygeee
    Options
    I've only done 2 days but I'm feeling pretty motivated to make it through the whole thing. I'm super sore, I really do feel like my muscles are "shredded" but I need change! I'm avoiding the scales until the end. I haven't measured yet (maybe tonight) and I'd like to wait until the end of the 30 days to measure again.

The scale is just a number, if I am losing inches and I stay the same weight, I really don't care. I'm tired of being a rolly polly weakling lol but in case I don't lose any inches, I'd rather not find out until the end because at least I'll be stronger and made it through without being discouraged!

(first post! yay!)