Eating healthy, not losing weight

Options
123457»

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    i weigh my stuff im eating for the day as i put it together and jot it down on a post-it. Stick the post-it to the container and log it when i actually sit and eat it. though having a baby you might not actually get to sit when you eat. lol

edited because english is hard. . .
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    size102b wrote: »
    How do people log what they eat if the don't weigh or measure food ? You can't know how much something is unless you know the weights and measures ?

Way back in the day, people used to use pens and paper, and we had these books that listed calorie counts. We used measuring cups, and estimated how large our apples were. You seriously think people didn't ever track what they ate before kitchen scales were widely available and as cheap as they are now?

I remember those days. I had a little Dell pocket calorie book. Obviously it didn't work too well for me. I sucked at counting calories and portion control in general. I'm thankful that technology has taken most of the guess work out of weight loss and that science has prevailed and provided so much information on how this process is supposed to work.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I had until a month ago when I discovered it, one of the books during the low/no fat fads ('90's), when it seemed everything was talking about carbs and needing them - it listed even packaged food and their carbs & fat and calories. Didn't even mention protein.
    yes, threw it out finally.

Ugh some ugly memories from then powering exercise and backpacking.
    I'll just say steamed broccoli and salsa - agree mostly with Newman now.

https://youtu.be/91au6Y5q8j0