What is Your Goal / Dream? (Not a number on the scale)

Options

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I want to weigh what I did in highschool!! :smile:
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    My goal is approximately this physique:

292548_227833650649992_779095455_n.jpg
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Start my family. Every day that goes by that I'm not pregnant is killing me. I want healthy pregnancies, healthy babies, and to raise them with the right attitude toward food. I need to succeed with my kids where my parents failed. Still trying to change my own eating habits.
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Fitness-wise, I would love to be able to run a marathon ... a 10k would be my goal. I see women effortlessly floating on sidewalks and down graveled pavement .... ipods in ears, water bottle in hand, and shutting out the world * I'd love to have that mental clarity in doing that type of exercise

Food-wise, I'd like to be able to eat for fuel; to not turn to food to get me through emotional times, and to be able to eat fresh, whole foods. Actually enjoy treats in moderation, and go back to eating freshly the very next meal!

Physically- I'd love to not have a stomach that hangs over, not have backfat, and to have shoulders/upper arms that I am not ashamed of. I'd like to be able to wear a tank top with my hair in a bun in the summer -- versus, wearing tank tops, but keeping my hair down to cover my shoulders, or wearing a tshirt or a little jacket in 90 degree heat -- all because I hate my arms. I'd like to have fabric skim over my body without ripples of flesh bulging out from underneath. I dont need a flat stomach, in fact, I sort of want a cute stomach with a little pudge and some extra curves to my hips ... but I want a flat back and small-ish shoulders =)

Emotionally & Mentally: I want to not have any doubts in my mind that I look good. I want to be a good mood day in and day out in terms of my body ... and know that I am treating it with respect and feeding it the fuel it needs ... not just eating for emotional issues or eating out of habit or comfort <3
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to get dressed in the morning and love what I see.

And most of all

To not feel out of control when I eat and hate myself afterwards.

ex. 20 minutes ago in the break room with an array of big bagels and cream cheeses. I knew they where bad for me but I quickly toasted up a cheese bagel and packed on the cream cheese. Now the guilt sets in.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Start my family. Every day that goes by that I'm not pregnant is killing me. I want healthy pregnancies, healthy babies, and to raise them with the right attitude toward food. I need to succeed with my kids where my parents failed. Still trying to change my own eating habits.

You can do it! Keep going!!
  • lumela
    lumela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Losing weight means I will have an excellent chance at decreasing and/or getting rid of my sleep apnea. Doing so would mean that extreme fatigue and the desire to sleep would no longer rule my life. That right there is my ultimate goal!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have so many dreams; to wear a dress, go dancing again, play with my grandson's, ride bikes with my hubby, to be able to walk up stairs without being out of breath, to wear nicer clothes, walk around without all the stares and finger pointing, and to feel comfortable about being me.....to name a few!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    no muffin top and look cute in small clothes
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to hear what everyone's goals or dreams are besides some number on the scale. What do you want to achieve?

For me when I get in better shape, I want to do the Susan G Coleman's 3 day breast cancer walk. My mom passed of breast cancer and I would like to participate in that walk when I turn 50 (two more years).

That's my dream goal, what's yours?

What a beautiful dream!!! Thanks for sharing!!

My goal: To look at myself in the mirror and not see the 248lb person I started out as.....
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    To be that confident girl that just exudes happiness. To scan the racks at a clothing store and not have to think about what can hide my body best. To enjoy a day at the beach without the worry and stress over the way I look. To do pull ups and push ups just like the boys at the gym.
  • InvisoningMe
    InvisoningMe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome Goal.. My Goal in a 1/2 in May of 2014 .. i running 5-8 mi daily now.. I started out Small.. We can Do this :)
  • QueenofGuac
    QueenofGuac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    To choose a bathing suit solely on the fact that I find it super cute. Not because its the suit that hides my body best.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    my dream is to use the tools I have learned through my journey and continue to use them to keep the weight off and one selfish one to be able to one day wear a bikini again, short, shorts and or be less squishy lol
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Open my own businesses. Oh fitness wise? To take what I've learned and apply it to others and help them achieve a better healthier them.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Open my own businesses. Oh fitness wise? To take what I've learned and apply it to others and help them achieve a better healthier them.
    I:heart: u
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    To have a good enough body that I wouldn't turn down a trip to Hedonism with my wife!

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    To not be embarrassed to wear my shirt tucked in!
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    All the physical goals:

*hike the Appalachian Trail from start to finish
    *skydive
    *be as bendy and flexible as I used to be (still am rather bendy for "someone my size", as my yoga teacher once said)
    *finally get my black belt (I'm stalled out at orange)
    *chase after my kids all day and not want to die of exhaustion
    *get rid of my sleep apnea and hopefully my insomnia as well
    *just enjoy the way my body feels when it moves

All the mental goals:

*not have to pick my meals at restaurants based on what reactions I get from complete strangers (seriously?!? Who has the right to criticize my meal choices other than me?)
    *to get those appreciative looks and double takes from men and women alike
    *to feel better about myself and how I look so that I don't end up passing along my own body issues to my amazing daughter
    *to not be the biggest woman in the room ALL. THE. TIME.

There are so many more goals/dreams that I have, but I think overall my biggest one is to not have to rely on my husband so much to do the physical stuff. Someday we're going to build a strawbale house and live semi off-grid, and I need to be physically fit in order to help with the daily tasks that homesteading requires. I can't do that while I'm carrying around another whole person on me...
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 5'5

I'm almost there