• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I put a few more bucks into the slot.
  • From_Within_
    From_Within_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    marlee456 wrote: »
    That's a great question. I recently lost my mother. She was my closest friend. I struggle everyday to move on without her. The moment that death took her is burned into my brain! I miss her dearly and wonder when missing her will be easier.

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Know that she loves you dearly and you were most likely her favorite part of this world. Missing her will always be there.. but think of it as not missing her but being reminded of how much love she has for you as well. Her love will never leave you.
  • From_Within_
    Options
    I hate this feeling .. lol
  • From_Within_
    Options
    It's a tough one for sure. I don't actually think that life is all about me. I should become stronger- of course. It does help that when I miss him I just remind myself that it's an extremely hard time for me, for whatever reason he can't be a part of that... there are a vast number of possibilities why he could have left and one of them could definitely be - he just doesn't care. That's the one that helps me move on.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    @From_Within_

You will get over this... The memory will always be there but it will not hurt forever...

Our lives change so much from day to day year to year... This will just be one of pages in your book years from now...

If you think the world is ending, don't worry, it's already tomorrow in Australia - The Peanuts...

If he doesn't want to be part of your life... Then, f'k that guy...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    So I get a text message today, it said:

"Hey, dad died nine years ago on this date."

Yeah, okay... I remember it like it was yesterday. Am I sad today?

Nope; not in the least. Instead I'm taking it as an opportunity to look back on our relationship with all the joy, guidance and fun that it deserves.

Had he passed prematurely or in great pain, I might very well feel differently.

He was awesome and time won't wait for any of us.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Build such as amazing life that you don't miss them anymore. Learn to cook, speak French or dance. Travel. Volunteer. Kick booty at the gym. I had a platonic friend suddenly change her values to extreme and no longer had time for me any more. The first time that I heard form her in years she insulted my most closely held values and demonstrated that she didn't understand them. But by that time I had built the life that I describe.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Well you just take trophies, like a finger, and keep it with you always.

You never stop missing, it just lessens over time to the point you arent thinking of them at all times, then occasionally.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    Well you just take trophies, like a finger, and keep it with you always.

You never stop missing, it just lessens over time to the point you arent thinking of them at all times, then occasionally.

I have a trophy, boy howdy do I ever.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    You know stop missing loved ones that passed...

But someone just giving you the cold shoulder... *kitten* them

Don't feel sorry for yourself, the world has to much greatness and good people to offer...

This only wrecks your life if you let it...
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    People don't usually disappear for no reason. There's often a breaking point or event that causes them to break and be unable to continue.

Especially if there are deep issues that need to be addressed and keep getting ignored.

It takes two to communicate. When they disappeared, did you reach out and did they ignore you, or did you also stop talking?

I think even this depends on the situation. Some issues really are one sided and it can take a while to figure out what was "wrong". That happened to me. I ended up cutting a friend out of my life.. and it took me a few years to realize why I needed to do that and move past it. We have since rekindled our friendship, though not to the same degree. And to clarify, she didn't do anything wrong.
  • From_Within_
    Options
    @From_Within_

If you think the world is ending, don't worry, it's already tomorrow in Australia - the peanuts ..

Thank you! You're all so very sweet!! Some times are just harder than the rest... reminders
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I remember when my wife left me, I was devastated and thought I would never get over it. Thought I was in suffering through the darkest existence ever.

My best friend at the time told me, "it will pass with time and, no matter what else happens, time will pass.'

That was 40 years ago. He was 100% right. Time passed. I met the woman that changed my life. I had three daughters. I have never been happier.

Don't dwell on it. We learn by making mistakes. We learn by suffering through terrible circumstances. We get our hearts broken. We lose loved ones. But, no matter what else happens, time will pass. Keep you head up, because if you are busy looking down, you might not see what you are truly looking for.