Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Show us your favorite art

Replies

• tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 4,480Member Member Posts: 4,480Member Member
    I also was completely struck by Augusto Giacometti's Starry Sky when I saw it in person. I think it was a combination of the painting itself and the setting they had it in, against a navy wall with low, moody lighting. I also like that it's a circle, not your typical painting shape of rectangle or square.
    599cc9255652746aad11616e8f806cf2.jpg

augusto was the uncle of alberto giacometti, who made these awesome sculptures

86gwkvk7obav.jpeg

i saw them in an art book of my moms and had bad dreams about them for years, but didn’t know how to describe them. i told her they were these “thin men made of burned tinfoil” and she was like “???”

then way later i was in art school and saw again and was like “well well well if it isn’t the reoccurring nightmare from my childhood”

He does have his own unique style.

Edited because I wanted to.

i made a print a year or so ago of a figure that reminds of this kind of burned stone and tbh its one of my favorite prints
  • RomaineCalmRomaineCalm Posts: 4,044Member Member Posts: 4,044Member Member
    I also was completely struck by Augusto Giacometti's Starry Sky when I saw it in person. I think it was a combination of the painting itself and the setting they had it in, against a navy wall with low, moody lighting. I also like that it's a circle, not your typical painting shape of rectangle or square.

86gwkvk7obav.jpeg

i saw them in an art book of my moms and had bad dreams about them for years, but didn’t know how to describe them. i told her they were these “thin men made of burned tinfoil” and she was like “???”

then way later i was in art school and saw again and was like “well well well if it isn’t the reoccurring nightmare from my childhood”

i made a print a year or so ago of a figure that reminds of this kind of burned stone and tbh its one of my favorite prints

Would you share it here?
  • Den_of_IniquityDen_of_Iniquity Posts: 424Member Member Posts: 424Member Member
    a1w6qkxdte7q.jpeg

Pure art, am I right @MistressSara ?
  • Den_of_IniquityDen_of_Iniquity Posts: 424Member Member Posts: 424Member Member
    Here's a few chainsaw carvings, unknown artists
    n8zzaj0hvcy6.jpg
    sfwqhp3gu85x.jpeg
    zo7ufvjcqskd.jpg
    vb65df5dg7wq.jpg

edited March 4
    This is by a Danish artist, Thomas Dambo. He hides giant wooden sculptures across Denmark
    shimhrsxgv8j.jpg
  • DFTNickiDFTNicki Posts: 138Member Member Posts: 138Member Member
    I have a ton of favorites. I appreciate A LOT of art. But this is one of my favorites...
    dkrbh8gbdw9m.jpg
  • tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 4,480Member Member Posts: 4,480Member Member

86gwkvk7obav.jpeg

Would you share it here?

prolly no, the last time i posted something someone took the time to research and find my name and location then messaged me and it really creeped me out tbh
  • RomaineCalmRomaineCalm Posts: 4,044Member Member Posts: 4,044Member Member

86gwkvk7obav.jpeg

Would you share it here?

prolly no, the last time i posted something someone took the time to research and find my name and location then messaged me and it really creeped me out tbh

I totally get it. I like my privacy too.
  • Nicksmom106Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,635Member Member Posts: 1,635Member Member
    Van Gogh is my all-time fave
    skull-with-burning-cigarette.jpg
    almond-blossom.jpg
    4578922.jpg?sku=Unframed&thumb=0&huge=1

Huge Van Gogh Fan as well 💗I have a print o this in my dining room....
    16808729.jpgsku=Unframed&thumb=0&huge=0
  • Glazed_and_ConfusedGlazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,330Member Member Posts: 1,330Member Member
    Van Gogh is my all-time fave
    skull-with-burning-cigarette.jpg
    almond-blossom.jpg
    4578922.jpg?sku=Unframed&thumb=0&huge=1

Huge Van Gogh Fan as well 💗I have a print o this in my dining room....
    16808729.jpgsku=Unframed&thumb=0&huge=0

Awesome, that's a classic. <3 I went to the museum in Amsterdam, it was pretty fantastic. I would love to see his other work that's in NY.
  • Reckoner67Reckoner67 Posts: 3,436Member Member Posts: 3,436Member Member
    I just like art that I like
  • laprimaJennylaprimaJenny Posts: 1,245Member Member Posts: 1,245Member Member
    6lt7djh9whjf.jpeg

Vincent Van Gogh - starry night
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Posts: 15,236Member Member Posts: 15,236Member Member
    u-g-E2WZ20.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

I like your taste. The depth in what is portrayed here is underrated. It speaks to the acceptance of all races and sexual orientations. And it serves as a reminder of where this nation once was with respect to tobacco products.

And velvet.

@MIltonBradley1

I have always believed that it speaks to the duality of man and also tackling one's interpersonal conflicts when facing both existential issues and moral conflicts in a post 9/11 construct.