Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Show us your favorite art

Replies

• honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 9,895Member, Premium Member Posts: 9,895Member, Premium Member
    i5oyyj8vdr9f.jpeg

Wax Batik
  • paynevickiepaynevickie Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Well I’ll be cheeky and say mine... I have exhibited in Japan, Europe, UK & Australia. This is an abstract piece of a couple engaged in lovemaking.
    kueh1qma9ytp.png
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Posts: 9,895Member, Premium Member Posts: 9,895Member, Premium Member
    wx34cccaqdto.jpeg

Baroque & Flemish style
    1600ad - 1775ad
    edited June 8
  • tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 4,605Member Member Posts: 4,605Member Member
    rh7b2yn33j7g.jpeg

dan flavin, untitled
  • your_future_ex_wifeyour_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,652Member Member Posts: 4,652Member Member
    z15d1scxkys5.jpeg
    Death of Marat by Jacques-Louis David
  • tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 4,605Member Member Posts: 4,605Member Member
    26k59ifldrkd.jpeg

t13wg1wvt1ko.jpeg

theo van doesburg

van doesburg founded the de stijl art movement with piet modrian which went for the complete abstraction of reality

both were well trained impressionist and realist artists whose work became more and abstracted over time, until all that was left was geometric shape and minimum colors (black and white or primary only)

edited June 15
    piet mondrian’s paintings looked like this

m0sv44i1knh5.jpeg

recpyywpzbde.jpeg
    edited June 15
    anyways mondrian and van doesburg were tight for a long time but then then got into a big fight bc mondrian thought the ultimate abstraction would never include diagonal lines and van doesburg was like :eyeroll:

but i think modrian was right bc i think of de stijl and mondrian’s paintings to be be this crazy foreshadowing of pixels and lack of dimension in digital images
  • iMagoiMago Posts: 5,141Member Member Posts: 5,141Member Member
    anyways mondrian and van doesburg were tight for a long time but then then got into a big fight bc mondrian thought the ultimate abstraction would never include diagonal lines and van doesburg was like :eyeroll:

but i think modrian was right bc i think of de stijl and mondrian’s paintings to be be this crazy foreshadowing of pixels and lack of dimension in digital images

iMago wrote: »

i know talking about art always sounds insufferable as hell but i got to talk about art somewheres
  • your_future_ex_wifeyour_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,652Member Member Posts: 4,652Member Member
    that black iris

Spooky
    Marc Chagall

h68a7kbspr5z.jpeg
    Henri Matisse

k2l0scirolfz.jpeg
  • jennifer_417jennifer_417 Posts: 12,327Member Member Posts: 12,327Member Member
  • jennifer_417jennifer_417 Posts: 12,327Member Member Posts: 12,327Member Member
    ivdgtw8qmaqt.jpg

And just for fun, one of my own.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Posts: 15,388Member Member Posts: 15,388Member Member