"You can eat whaver you want, as long as you eat at a deficit" is true, but it's garbage advice.

Options
1424344454648»

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    STC02 wrote: »
    33 pounds in 11 weeks for me and for all the Scots out there I have a caramel wafer everday :D

I hope a coconut one, those are my absolute favourites. Don't find them often down here in bleak old London town. Probably for the best!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    dfwesq wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I get a bit the sense that you think that we shouldn't be honest with people because they might use the true information to make choices you think are bad.
    That's not what I think at all. Sorry if I gave that impression. The purpose of my post was to point out that it can be confusing, and that there are a number of us who actually thought the same thing, so it's not a phantom problem.

Also, I agree with someone who posted earlier, that there might be a lot of undiagnosed eating disorders represented on the boards. There might also be a lot of people who have been diagnosed, but just aren't mentioning it. I think it's good to bear in mind that the person who's reading advice might be one of those people. Fwiw, I saw someone like that posting on the boards recently. She asked for advice and was told basically to eat whatever she wanted and just monitor calories. Then much further down the thread she mentioned that she had an eating disorder.

Sorry, I'm not able to respond more thoroughly. I appreciate your thoughtful posts though.

I am frankly confused about this whole "confusion thing". You are confused? Other newbies are confused? You think other people are confused? The people giving advice are confused? People with eating disorders are confused? Too much information is confusing? Not enough information is confusing? Now I am confused--someone please help!
This discussion has been closed.