Options
124»

Replies

• brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    WendyB1211 wrote: »
    I use Garcinia Cambogia. It supports appetite control and promotes body fat reduction. It helped me to lose 23 pounds when combined with diet and exercise. I gained 10 pounds back recently (too much over indulging) so I have been taking it religiously every day before each meal for the last 2 weeks. I can definitely see a difference, but I won't be able to weigh myself for another 2-weeks (one of the rules associated with the whole30 diet).

No. Garcinia Cambogia is another in the long line of weight loss supplement scams. What created your weight loss was the "when combined with diet and exercise" part.

From examine.com, which is probably the most evidence-based, unbiased source for supplement information on the internet:
    ...Studies in humans, for the most part, fail to replicate this; this may be related to less actual activity of de novo lipogenesis in humans and a much higher level in rats. Some isolated studies do note weight loss, but it appears to be quite variable and unreliable. Many studies also do report subjective appetite decrease, but tend to record dropout rates (how often people leave the study due to being unable to maintain the diet protocol) rather than food intake; even then the benefits are still unreliable and sometimes not present.

Although there is some limited potential for (-)-Hydroxycitric acid as a weight loss aid, the magnitude of effect is quite low (up to 2kg over 3 months) and the benefit is unreliable; making it hard to recommend this compound as a fat burner or anti-obesity agent.

I'm embarrassed to say, I fell for the Garcinia Cambodia hooey too. I didn't eat healthier or workout more. My appetite was the same. As long as we learn from our mistakes ... right? haha
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    I use Garcinia Cambogia. It supports appetite control and promotes body fat reduction. It helped me to lose 23 pounds when combined with diet and exercise. I gained 10 pounds back recently (too much over indulging) so I have been taking it religiously every day before each meal for the last 2 weeks. I can definitely see a difference, but I won't be able to weigh myself for another 2-weeks (one of the rules associated with the whole30 diet).

Actually, you'd have the same results with just the diet and exercise.

I actually agree with this, but not all people know how to control their appetite to stick with the diet. What do you suggest in that case?

Logging is a good first step. I find that once I'm aware of how much I'm eating and how many calories there are, it sort of helps me think twice. Everyone has different foods for satiety. While I find that overall upping my protein helps, carbs are my comfort food. (I'm vegetarian, so a lot of my protein sources involve carbs anyway).There are plenty of people here who are getting great results with keto or Paleo. Not my thing, but if they're losing weight and feeling satisfied with it, more power to 'em!

Also, while exercise does mean you can (and probably should!) up your caloric intake, I find that I'm less hungry overall when I work out. Or maybe it's that I'm an emotional/stress eater and a boredom eater and exercise reduces stress (so I don't feel the urge as often) and it gives me something to do (so less boredom).

ETA: I do eat back some of my exercise calories, to be clear. In my experience regular exercise helps curb my hunger.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »

Actually, you'd have the same results with just the diet and exercise.

I actually agree with this, but not all people know how to control their appetite to stick with the diet. What do you suggest in that case?

Practice. Some Rx medications but they have to be used as training wheels rather than a solution, and more often than not, if the forums are any indication, it's not successful.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    chica6578 wrote: »
    This is all natural so i had a jar opened and in about 3 weeks it went bad. so you know when store brand bread from the store lasts two-months months and this jar doesnt ever last that long, its gotta be better than all that processed-ness

Sand and wood shavings are all natural. You really have no idea what's in it.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

And science indicates that these do not work. Anything Dr Oz promotes doesn't work.
  • potatNOchips
    potatNOchips Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used Garcinia Cambodia. It cleared my bowels, like if I ate fish on a daily basis. But, I don't like relying on people or items to get me to my goal weight. I'm lighter than I was taking those pills.
    Take and do whatever gets you to your goal weight. If it makes you happy, do it.