"I can't eat all my calories omg what do"

Options
1235»

Replies

• skinnyfatty1983
    skinnyfatty1983 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do not start dieting by eating 1200 calories a day...... instead aim for small goals like cutting 500 calories , not drinking soda...... small consistent changes will be yield a bigger result in long run... since u eat 4000 calories, start by eating 3500 calories and u will see results
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    [That's TWENTY OUNCES OF CHICKEN AT ONE SITTING. Are you insane? Not everybody sits down and eats five servings of chicken. Or any chicken.

Something is wrong there because 588 calories of chicken is about 8 ounces. 20 ounce would be over 1200.

It is 666 calories @ 555 grams on USDA database, somehow Cole's show 80 calories less than USDA data. Then again the chicken fat percentages can be different depending on the data sample of the country. Keep in mind this is raw boneless & skinless & raw data. There is no place where you get 1200 calories off 20 ounces of raw chicken breast unless you deepfry yours.
    subcounter wrote: »
    subcounter wrote: »
    When you eat clean foods 1200 calories can be a lot.

Awkward moment when my dinner calories were 1500+ calories, and its all clean :smiley:

I mean each to his/her own but seriously, somedays I eat 3800 calories depending on how heavy I workout, and never thought it was difficult to fill it. I get it with people that has been skinny all their lives and hates food though, not so much with others.

Not awkward at all. You're likely eating a lot of fat too. But if you aren't and you take the lean protein, and veggies route as many do starting out then 1200 calories can be a lot. I used to to do this diet when cutting weight for rowing and I was seriously stuffed.

This is a sample of my dinner from yesterday, Korean Dak Galbi I've made :smile: I had to keep potato a bit on the low side as I didn't have calories to spare this time, I am cutting right now.
    Each to their own though I mean, my aunt hates food, and I can't imagine her eating 1/5th of what I eat.
    7bwsttgndztx.png

That's TWENTY OUNCES OF CHICKEN AT ONE SITTING. Are you insane? Not everybody sits down and eats five servings of chicken. Or any chicken.

iN0hRKa.gif

My dinners usually look like that. Keep in mind, I am 6'3" and muscular, and do heavy cardio & lifts. My nutritional input can be different from yours.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I have trouble eating 1,200 calories because meth. Does that count?
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    These threads are a test/game... whats the prize??
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    The average avocado is 300 calories or more. I fail to see how eating 2 of these and even "clean" foods would be rough to hit 1200.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You are assuming that everyone likes avocados? Ugh! :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you see these posts every day

"Hi, I'm Sharon, I used to weigh 300lbs and consume 4000 calories a day but now I'm on a diet I can't force myself to eat 1200 calories, I'm full after 800 - 1000"

I don't think so. What is the aim of these posts exactly? Is it attention? I mean, a snickers bar is 250 calories. 20g peanut butter is 130 calories. A Caesar salad with dressing is 800 to 1000 calories. You can't eat a salad?

I'm not singling anyone out, I just don't get it.

I don't think most people are posting just for attention. Some people are but not most people.

Sometimes they are having trouble with logging correctly and are really eating much more than they think. For awhile they will still lose weight because they are eating less just not as low as they think.
    I think the problem is often people go on a "diet". They restrict too much. They have heard carbs, fats and sugars are bad. They buy low fat or no fat products. They eat only egg whites, plain chicken breast and salad. They avoid fruit. They think they can not eat a lot of things like whole eggs, full fat dairy, bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, oils, or regular condiments. A low carb and low fat diet doesn't leave a lot of calorie dense foods. They get frustrated.
    Then there are people who are on a medication or have a medical condition impacting their appetite. They struggle to eat when they don't feel like it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    The average avocado is 300 calories or more. I fail to see how eating 2 of these and even "clean" foods would be rough to hit 1200.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You are assuming that everyone likes avocados? Ugh! :)

All foods high in fat would be equivalent; cheese/full fat dairy, nuts, fatty cuts of meats, oils, etc...

It's really not a hard to eat above 1200 calories, even if you have changes in your hunger. If anything, you modify your foods and replace low calorie options with high calorie options.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb. No bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, grains, sugar of any kind. Only meat, veg, dairy etc. I would consider my diet very clean - no junk. I have 0 problems hitting 1500 calories a day. I could eat twice that if I wanted to.

I actually have trouble if I'm low carb because I lose the will to eat food.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Just grab a handful of nuts for an extra 300 cals and you're done.

Yep, grab away!

:D Good answer. :D And some chocolate.

Is there where I'm supposed to reply "kinky"? :D
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This may come as a shock, but not everyone is you. Also not everyone is here because they used to be 300 pounds. There are people here with eating disorders who are trying to put weight on, people who are trying to build muscle and need extra calories and people who have medical issues and have cut out a lot of food groups and have trouble figuring out what to eat now. There are actually a million reasons why someone might not be able to meet their calorie goal for the day.

This post seems like it was for attention since you don't have an actual question. Yes, many people here have binge eating problems but not all.
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    are you supporting someone eating under 1000 cals/day long term? Or that it is ok to not know what they are eating at all?

Nope, and nothing I have written suggested that either of those was the case. Only that some people do actually have difficulty eating all their daily calories. It is a real thing that actually happens. Is that such a difficult concept?

Kind of...'cuz nobody got fat and to the point of needing to lose weight by only being able to eat a measly 1000 calories or whatever...

Not everyone here is overweight. You can actually want to cut fat without wanting to lose weight. Maybe people should just mind their own business?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    These threads are a test/game... whats the prize??

1,200 more calories.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    AFGP11 wrote: »
    Not everyone here is overweight. You can actually want to cut fat without wanting to lose weight. Maybe people should just mind their own business?

I case you want a refresher of the OP, the type of post being discussed in this thread is:
    Seriously, you see these posts every day

"Hi, I'm Sharon, I used to weigh 300lbs and consume 4000 calories a day but now I'm on a diet I can't force myself to eat 1200 calories, I'm full after 800 - 1000"

I don't think so. What is the aim of these posts exactly? Is it attention? I mean, a snickers bar is 250 calories. 20g peanut butter is 130 calories. A Caesar salad with dressing is 800 to 1000 calories. You can't eat a salad?

I'm not singling anyone out, I just don't get it.

Sure there are tons of other types of people here, but they are specifically discussing this type of people.

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    AFGP11 wrote: »
    This may come as a shock, but not everyone is you. Also not everyone is here because they used to be 300 pounds. There are people here with eating disorders who are trying to put weight on, people who are trying to build muscle and need extra calories and people who have medical issues and have cut out a lot of food groups and have trouble figuring out what to eat now. There are actually a million reasons why someone might not be able to meet their calorie goal for the day.

This post seems like it was for attention since you don't have an actual question. Yes, many people here have binge eating problems but not all.

Lol OK. You super hungry? Or just had a bad day?

I actually did ask a question, because I GENUINELY WANTED TO KNOW how someone who's overweight - obese because they are overeaters all of a sudden can't fit in 1200 calories. It's a legitimate question. Clearly I was not talking about people who are UNDERWEIGHT or have an eating disorder. Stop being so nasty and use a bit of common sense.