What weird food combinations do you just love?

Options
swaistle
swaistle Posts: 119 Member
I want to feel like I'm not alone with my weirdly wonderful cravings and know what crazy things you guys like!

Before starting MFP I had a real bad habit of having coco pops with.... double cream! YIKES I knoww, it's so weird though cause I can't stand having full fat milk! I have to have semi-skimmed or that 1% fat milk! But it's sooo nice, I used to happily have that for my dessert after a meal before starting MFP. Sometimes on weekend if my boyfriend was at work I would also have it for breakfast or lunch!!!

I've been back on MFP for about a month now and been craving it slightly :p but I know it's not a normal dish, and I was just wondering what weird dishes you guys loved!

----
p.s this is like my first silly topic, feel free to add me I'm wanting this weightless journey to be a successful one so I'm going all in, making friends and posting on forums and what not!

Replies

• jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Marmite and honey. No one else I know (even the marmite lovers) will try it. There's just something about the combination of sweet and savoury. I love it.
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Strong cheddar cheese with anything sweet (jam, digestive biscuits, fruitcake)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Marmite/ Bovril on toast with sliced banana

Rice with salad dressing

Any Cerial with damn custard . Try coco pops and custard hnng
  • swaistle
    Options
    I have never tried marmite on it's own!
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've just realised how lame my "weird food combo" is. You guys win HANDS DOWN.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Potato waffles and jam :smile: also chips dipped in custard :bigsmile:
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    Slice of white bread, slice of cheese, and then sambal katjang over it. haven't had it in months though.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and sweet pickles on white bread. So good!
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love hot rice with tuna and mayo on top and a lot of shirasha!... The mayo kinda melts a bit and it's yummy..

It's been a while since I had it.

I also love cucumber, watermelon, mango, carrots, jicama, etc, with lime juice and chili powder (My favorite is Tajin), I asked my sister to bring me some of the chili powder and I can't wait! I usually don't mix the fruits and veggies though..
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Yorkshire puddings with golden syrup.
  • swaistle
    Options
    Any Cerial with damn custard . Try coco pops and custard hnng

Eeek I think double cream was bad enough! Don't make me start with custard! hahaha
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Marmite and honey. No one else I know (even the marmite lovers) will try it. There's just something about the combination of sweet and savoury. I love it.

OMG I used to eat this all the time......but just sort of stopped. It is AMAZING though!....if you don't have honey maple syrup also does the job :-)
  • swaistle
    Options
    chips dipped in custard :bigsmile:

THEY TASTE LIKE DINKING DONUTS!! I was shown that in secondary school XD
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nutella and jam, sometimes topped with neutral cereal. Haven't had that in ages, though, since I don't eat Nutella anymore ^^

Also get weird looks for cheese + jam

Was once asked if I was pregnant when I ordered a crepe with banana and grated cheese... didn't turn out to taste that well xoP

Generally, my boyfriend says that he will start worrying about pregnancy when I crave "normal" food xo)
  • swaistle
    Options
    Slice of white bread, slice of cheese, and then sambal katjang over it. haven't had it in months though.

Oooh what's sambal katjang? :)
  • clairyfairy247
    Options
    chips dipped in custard :bigsmile:

THEY TASTE LIKE DINKING DONUTS!! I was shown that in secondary school XD

YES! ME TOO!
  • swaistle
    Options
    Generally, my boyfriend says that he will start worrying about pregnancy when I crave "normal" food xo)

Hahaaaha it does look like you have a thing for weird foods XD
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    One of the best things ever is grilled haloumi cheese with fresh watermelon, I don't even know if it is that weird though! I remember when I was little all a friend of mine would eat is bread, banana and cottage cheese all mushed up together.
  • clairyfairy247
    Options
    I think sambal katjang is like chilli peanut butter?
  • swaistle
    Options
    Yorkshire puddings with golden syrup.

Wow I guess they are just oven pancakes!! But I would still think that was weird hahaha XD