What weird food combinations do you just love?

Options

Replies

• swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love hot rice with tuna and mayo on top and a lot of shirasha!... The mayo kinda melts a bit and it's yummy..

It's been a while since I had it.

I also love cucumber, watermelon, mango, carrots, jicama, etc, with lime juice and chili powder (My favorite is Tajin), I asked my sister to bring me some of the chili powder and I can't wait! I usually don't mix the fruits and veggies though..

I've never had shirasha before so all of that sounded like it a was fine to me hahaha what is it? Same goes for jicama? I don't like mixing fruit and veg like! I can't be doing with my meal tasting sweet! That's for dessert hahaha :)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & mayo on bread. Yummy sandwich!
  • swaistle
    Options
    One of the best things ever is grilled haloumi cheese with fresh watermelon, I don't even know if it is that weird though! I remember when I was little all a friend of mine would eat is bread, banana and cottage cheese all mushed up together.

That sounds pretty weird to me XD Or are my tastebuds just not sophisticated enough? hehehe :D
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    Mustard Maple Bacon-mix maple syrup and mustard cook bacon in over and glaze it while cooking.

Frozen waffles topped with refried beans, ham, egg, cheese and a little bit of maple syrup. I usually ate it w out egg (saw this combo on a Top Chef challenge once and tried it)

I haven't had either since MFP, but I don't crave them they are just good combos that aren't as conventional.
  • maisid
    maisid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pasta with meatsauce and a lot of salad (plus dressing)

Sauce Hollandaise on pizza

Bread with nutella and a thick layer of salty butter (the danish kind)

All these I haven't ate in years, but i would eat them if I had the possibility to do so.

Since I am in China in the moment I really really love Mango / coconut juice with cooked Sago...yum yum yum
  • swaistle
    Options
    Peanut butter & mayo on bread. Yummy sandwich!

Eeeek I can't stand mayo unless it's garlic-y!! hehehe
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Marmite and honey. No one else I know (even the marmite lovers) will try it. There's just something about the combination of sweet and savoury. I love it.

OMG I used to eat this all the time......but just sort of stopped. It is AMAZING though!....if you don't have honey maple syrup also does the job :-)

Yay! Not just me! Will defo try it with maple syrup. Good tip!
  • babyfat6969
    babyfat6969 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OK im not pregnant but pickles and ice cream
  • SergeantG
    SergeantG Posts: 92
    Options
    Peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    This one's my dad's--miracle whip and peanut butter. He insists it tastes like PB&J. Needless, to say, he has yet to convince me to try it. It's not like he scarfs it down every day, it's what he refers to as "desperate food."

But never, ever, give the man orange juice and corn flakes in the same meal. He has traumatic memories from when my grandma forgot to get milk when he was a kid!

Edited to correct cereal.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Eggs and peanut butter.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Fozen Honey Greek Yogurt with cake
  • mychirona
    mychirona Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tomato and peanut butter on toast!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    Do mine eyes betray me?
    Another mayo/peanut butter lover?!
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Swiss cheese and dill pickles...so yummy!
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    Cottage cheese with diced up dill pickles and ranch mixed in. Mmmm!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    donuts with cheese on the top.:smile: ..my grandfather use to like them too...I blame him for the weird combination.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    Do mine eyes betray me?
    Another mayo/peanut butter lover?!

I'm one, too! :) No Miracle Whip--Hellman's all the way! I haven't had it since probably grade school, but I love it!

Edited to add:

My great uncle was the KING of weird food combinations. The weirdest he ever did (that we knew of) was seafood dip on chocolate chip cookies. He swore it was great...it still makes my stomach churn! LOL
  • Hlm103010
    Hlm103010 Posts: 39
    Options
    Cottage cheese and apple sauce!!!!
  • I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options
    Canteloupe and soy sauce.

Pretzels and grapes.

Sourdough and grape jelly.