What weird food combinations do you just love?

Options

Replies

• rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    pineapple or cantaloupe with chili powder AND Cholula hot sauce yummmmmmm
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    I'm more of a weird condiment mixer, I smash together ketchup and butter on mashed potato, butter and bbq sauce on baked potato and mayo and ketchup on burgers or to dip fries in. I also like to sandwich a piece of Jersey Milk chocolate between Lay's Salt n Vinegar chips or dip McDonald's fries into their vanilla ice cream.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Pickles in Grilled Cheese
    Melted cheese on apple pie
    Asparagus in vinegar

miam ^_^
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    The strangest food I like is burnt Micro Popcorn.....
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and butter sammich. Yeah, that's not too strange, but imagine the calorie bomb you can create!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & mayo on bread. Yummy sandwich!

Eeeek I can't stand mayo unless it's garlic-y!! hehehe

LOL. Toss some pressed garlic on it ,mmmmm
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Potato chips in a PB&J sandwich. It's super healthy.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Cool Ranch Doritos with those cheap gas station brownies. I was dared to try it in the 2nd grade and amazingly it was delicious.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and corn flakes. I hate milk, so in high school I would always take a bowl with me and eat for breakfast during my first hour studyhall. I always had weird looks for that one. Had my hubby and the kids try it the other night, and they are hooked now too!

Another one is any top of tomato based hotdish (goulash, spaghetti, etc) my family (parents and siblings) has to have a side of peanutbutter on bread. Anyone that comes over usually gives us the sideways glance but it is really really good!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a weird condiment mixer, I smash together ketchup and butter on mashed potato, butter and bbq sauce on baked potato and mayo and ketchup on burgers or to dip fries in. I also like to sandwich a piece of Jersey Milk chocolate between Lay's Salt n Vinegar chips or dip McDonald's fries into their vanilla ice cream.

I worked at McDonald's for just shy of 4 years. If you DIDN'T like this combination, you were considered weird. The fries are also excellent with the sweet & sour. Needless to say, lots of fast food personnel adopt an aversion to ketchup (those ketchup pumps are for real so gross). It's been over a year and a half and I STILL don't eat ketchup on a regular basis, even on burgers.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and corn flakes. I hate milk, so in high school I would always take a bowl with me and eat for breakfast during my first hour studyhall. I always had weird looks for that one. Had my hubby and the kids try it the other night, and they are hooked now too!

Another one is any top of tomato based hotdish (goulash, spaghetti, etc) my family (parents and siblings) has to have a side of peanutbutter on bread. Anyone that comes over usually gives us the sideways glance but it is really really good!

Froyo place by me has corn flakes and granola mixed together to use as a topping. It's one of my favorites!
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Also mix BBQ Sauce with Mayo to dip my fries in....
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with string cheese and tapatio. Oh, Tuna in water with ketchup and avocado.
  • juleschristenberry
    juleschristenberry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    French fries dipped into a vanilla malt!:happy:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    My Dad ate fried eggs with a LOT of yellow mustard covering them & plenty of black pepper over all.:noway:
  • bboughne
    bboughne Posts: 4
    Options
    Turkey bacon smeared with peanut butter. Holy amazing!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and sweet pickles on white bread. So good!

PB and pickle sammiches! :love:
  • got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich

Me too!! Love p.b. with sliced dill pickles sandwiches (extra garlic, please).
    White bread with butter topped with french fries and ketchup
    Bologna with mayo and cool ranch Doritos sandwich.

No idea how I got to be overweight!! :ohwell:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES peanut butter, chili cheese Frito sandwiches. Yuck.

I'm not sure how weird it is, but I love a hamburger patty with melted cheddar with cottage cheese and fresh avocado on the side. You kind of cut up each thing and eat it in the same bite. The hot, the cold, the creamy....Yum.

Brown mustard, maple glaze on ham or pork chops is delicious.

I worked at a Chinese restaurant so my usual lunch was a cup of rice, a scoop of sweet and sour soup, a scoop of egg drop soup, and a big drizzle of siracha. YUM! Low in protein but very filling.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and pretzels is pretty amazing!