I'm finding it difficult to eat 1200 calories.

Options
12346»

Replies

• Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    If I am truly eating to lose weight I also find it hard to consume 1200 calories and shoot for 1050 but don't always make it and many times I overshoot even the 1200. If you are eating healthy foods and are fully satisfied I can see 800 - 900 calories BUT if it is filling and not satisfying {there is truly a difference} and not healthy eating you won't lose weight if you eat like this consistently. I lost 45#, with my doctor, on 800 calories back in the 70's and did very well eating healthy. I don't do the detox thing and stay away from the 'quick weight loss' gimmicks out there. I say, log daily for 7 days and then look at what you are eating. Log every BLT {bite, lick, taste} that slips through your lips. If you are cheating you are cheating only yourself.

Before starting ANY weight loss program it is advisable to check with your doctor. The best to you as you learn to eat right and lose weight.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    heck even my dr told me to never eat less than 1200 calories as its considered starving your body, unless you are under the care of a dr where they are giving you supplements and carefully monitor you.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    two types of anemia, Vitamin D deficiency and Calcium deficiency. I take a multi-vitamin with iron, Vitabiotics Osteocare and an Omega fish oil supplement.

One little side point to rest of thread - multi vitamins do not usually contain enough iron to effectively treat iron def anemia.
    You would be much better off on a specific iron supplement - eg Ferrograd or FGF..
    Look at the labels and you will see they have far more iron in them than the multi vitamins .

100g of beef heart contains 424% of daily recommend iron intake, I eat 150g-200g a day, do the math..

You body won't absorb all of that, though. Unfortunately, our bodies do not take in 100% of the nutrients from our food or supplements. I'm on almost 800% of the rda for iron (in addition to what I get from food--which is not enough and mostly from veggie sources) and some of my test results are still in the below normal range. My doctor wants me to eat beef a couple times a week and I'm going to start.

Iron supplements can cause constipation when taken in high doses. :grimace: