Is 2% Milk really that bad?

Options

Replies

• ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    How does one milk an almond anyway? Where does one get stools that low?

And not to mention finding those TINY teats!
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    ylimol09etht.jpg

dtmfkbridabn.jpg

lol...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The first thing I changed about my food when I started learning from MFP was to switch to whole milk. Full fat is the way to go. I've lost 93 lb so far.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    The first thing I changed about my food when I started learning from MFP was to switch to whole milk. Full fat is the way to go. I've lost 93 lb so far.

LOL! While that may work for YOU, it surely is not "the way to go" for everyone.

Frankly, I literally gag if I drink whole milk. I've been drinking skim for 35 years, maybe more. I love it.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

I've always wanted to drink whole milk, that's what we had from the dairy when I was a kid. I just thought 2% was "better" for you so I've been drinking it for years. Switched to whole milk a few months ago and love it...in moderation.

• brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

LOL! While that may work for YOU, it surely is not "the way to go" for everyone.

Frankly, I literally gag if I drink whole milk. I've been drinking skim for 35 years, maybe more. I love it.

Skim drinker here too. But I will say, I've had 2% a few times recently, and it's incredible with how rich and thick it is! Takes your cereal to an entirely new level!

Actually, I've been buying unsweetened almond milk as of late. It works perfect in cooking still, so I appreciate the lower calories when making something like pot pies or alfredo etc. And the only reason why I buy is due to the lower calories, well and I enjoy the taste.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have to add a lot more skim milk to my tea and coffee than i do full cream. So the calories kinda even themselves out.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    It's bad in the sense of disgusting, because I only drink full fat milk. But as far as protein intake, real milk is much better (regardless of fat content) than nut "milk".
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    ccsernica wrote: »
    dpwellman wrote: »
    How does one milk an almond anyway? Where does one get stools that low?

You need tweezers for their little tiny teats, too.

That reminds me of an oldie but a goodie - have you ever smelled moth balls?

How did you get their little legs apart?

Guffaw, guffaw.......

I will probably be disciplined for that.
    raw

I accept the co-warning I'll get for awesome'ing your post.
  • ma5y
    ma5y Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of milk and dairy products. I have never considered them bad. Focus on your nutritional goals and you will be fine.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I drank so much milk as a kid, always full cream, and it's stuck with me into adulthood.
  • MAH80T50
    MAH80T50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I drink Skimmed milk and have done for 15 years, it's never done me any harm ... I can't drink anything other than cow's milk, it makes me bad - I have severe IBS and almond, soya, rice milk all cause a bad reaction, probably all the additives they have to put in it to make it look like milk and make it into a liquid in the first place ... I mean cow's milk has one ingredient - Cow's Milk, but all the artificial milks have at least half a dozen ingredients, some of which I can't tolerate due to my IBS.

Unless you have a medical reason to avoid cow's milk, if you want it to look like milk, taste like milk and you're going to use it like milk, why don't you just use milk ... Your bank balance will thank you for it and even the cows would prefer you to drink milk, because as long as there's cows being bred for milk, those cows aren't becoming your Sunday roast beef dinner.

• BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2% milk is disgusting to me. I hate its consistency. Since I grew up drinking skim, I associate the thickness of 2% with milk that has curdled / gone bad. Skim all the way for me.

Sidenote, things that are white and "milky" in consistency have always been called milk since the 1400s. Thus "coconut milk", "milkweed" (which has a white milky liquid inside the stem), and, yes, almond milk. I don't really get why people are "confused" by it. Especially when they don't seem to have issues with peanut "butter"?
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I drink skim milk because whole milk give me stomach cramps, and light never seems to get cold enough in the fridge.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I drink skim milk because whole milk give me stomach cramps, and light never seems to get cold enough in the fridge.

Is your fridge working okay? I'm not sure how it's even possible that one kind of milk would not get as cold as another kind of milk.

Stomach problems that involve fat content makes sense.