Help dairy..

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It's my favourite food group as it helps balance out my macros. In the kitchen right now I have powdered milk (for my oatmeal), cheddar (daily snack), Balkan yogurt (also for my oatmeal), cottage cheese (weekend Crepes), Parmesan (pasta), Mozzarella (home made pizza), Kefir (taken as a shot with my calcium supplement), and milk (for hubby).
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with dairy. I'm pretty sure I have the genetics to digest it just fine from my experience. Today I had half and half in my coffee, skyr for lunch, cheese for a snack, cottage cheese as part of dinner, and butter on some popcorn. Every meal I guess.
    It's normal for me to eat a lot, I need to eat high calcium and low in meat protein. So dairy works.
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    As a Swiss guy, I oddly enough hate cheese in most forms. But other than that, dairy does occasionally pop up in my diet. I love ice cream and frozen yogurt, for instance, and would never be able to cut it completely. But even though in the past I used to have lots of it, I did stop drinking milk almost entirely. Anyway, my favorite type of dairy is legen.
  • andetarum
    andetarum Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    to psuLemon:
    The china study as a paper has never been scientifically shown to have flaws, the entire controversy is coming from one uneducated blogger (all of the articles i could find this blog is the only source). don't you think that if there was really something wrong with it that throw these 15+ years somebody would have done a scientific rebuttal in a peer rewed literature? (i checked, not a singe rebuttal) the raw data is public information, and nobody has shown any flaws. (not to be conspiratorial here, but im pretty sure that "big pharmacy", "big dairy" and other have gone throw it with a fine tooth come, they just didn't find anything.)
    also the "the china study" (the research all the controversy is about) is a very small part of the book "the china study". there are entire chapters talking about other research not connected to the china study at all, done by other researchers. these have been published in reputable journals and been replicated throw out the years.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    andetarum wrote: »
    to psuLemon:
    The china study as a paper has never been scientifically shown to have flaws, the entire controversy is coming from one uneducated blogger (all of the articles i could find this blog is the only source). don't you think that if there was really something wrong with it that throw these 15+ years somebody would have done a scientific rebuttal in a peer rewed literature? (i checked, not a singe rebuttal) the raw data is public information, and nobody has shown any flaws. (not to be conspiratorial here, but im pretty sure that "big pharmacy", "big dairy" and other have gone throw it with a fine tooth come, they just didn't find anything.)
    also the "the china study" (the research all the controversy is about) is a very small part of the book "the china study". there are entire chapters talking about other research not connected to the china study at all, done by other researchers. these have been published in reputable journals and been replicated throw out the years.

https://deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/

I could type out a long winded response but Denise Minger spent weeks doing so.
  • andetarum
    Options
    again... one blogger! in 15+ years! show me peer rewed rebuttal.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    In the big picture of all fat from all sources, dairy fat is protective against developing cardio vascular disease. Enjoy.

Oh hey, I never knew that. You learn something new every day!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    again... one blogger! in 15+ years! show me peer rewed rebuttal.

I'm guessing you didn't bother to read it, the PDF version has a rebuttal to all the studies,
  • andetarum
    Options
    by one blogger...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    by one blogger...

Again you couldn't have even taken the time to read it.

You could read Chris Master Johns instead if you like.
    http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/China-Study.html

The whole premise was around Cholesterol. He took out bits that suited his agenda and twisted them.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Any way we are going off topic, maybe @psuLemon could move this to the debate board?
  • andetarum
    edited March 2017
    Options

The whole premise was around Cholesterol. He took out bits that suited his agenda and twisted them.

oeh... he still sites the one blogger as his main source and there is no peer rewed rebuttal.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I eat dairy all the time (heavy cream in my coffee, cheese, yogurt). It fits into my macros.
    Incidentally, I once cut out dairy and wheat for 6 weeks as an experiment and noticed zero changes.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

oeh... he still sites the one blogger as his main source and there is no peer rewed rebuttal. [/quote]

Of what? A paper where they left out people who didn't fit their agenda? There was no need to review it, they twisted the data to fit.It never said what they wanted it to say so they made it fit.

There is no science in a study that is incomplete and inaccurate.
  • cmtigger
    Options

oeh... he still sites the one blogger as his main source and there is no peer rewed rebuttal.

I think another argument against it is the lack of peers citing it in general.
  • cmtigger
    Options
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I strongly recomend to read the book "the china study". It answers your question and explanes how to eat to be healthy. Its based on real reaserch not on some "nutritionists opinion". And no, you should not be eating dairy. Its one of the leading causes of cancer and been shown to caus autoimmune disorders in childern.

Can you post links to peer reviewed studies out-and-out stating that dairy causes cancer? Thanks.