April 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Just a glitch, Lori suddenly jumped up to 31k, Kevin is still at 40k but I bet that is just the tracker.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Just a glitch, Lori suddenly jumped up to 31k, Kevin is still at 40k but I bet that is just the tracker.

He's at 40k now with a time of 3:25:43 if there wasn't a glitch, that last 5k hammered him. Hope it's not his achilles again!
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Yeah it looks like a huge slow down, crossing my fingers that he makes it through
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

He's at 40k now with a time of 3:25:43 if there wasn't a glitch, that last 5k hammered him. Hope it's not his achilles again!

I was wondering what happened too... I'm not as familiar enough with the course - is that stretch where the hills start?
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    He was running well after things got moving again, but now shows stopped on Boylston at 42.2k. The finish line is in sight! I hope he is OK.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Lori hit 35k on schedule, with a projected 3:52:59 finish about 34 minutes from now. Go Lori!!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    I hope Kevin (@MobyCarp) is ok... that previous 5k was such a difference from the pace previously I have to think something happened... he should have finished by now based on their estimations.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

I was wondering what happened too... I'm not as familiar enough with the course - is that stretch where the hills start?

If I remember correctly, the Newton area, 30-35k, is where the nasty hills start.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Got a finish time for @MobyCarp of 3:49:42. If that's accurate, the last 7k were brutal on him.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    My tracker now says Kevin finished, shows finish time of 3:49:42.
  • shanaber
    Options

If I remember correctly, the Newton area, 30-35k, is where the nasty hills start.

Yep - I looked at the course elevation map - 30-35k are the big hills, 40k to finish is all pretty much down hill.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My tracker now says Kevin finished, shows finish time of 3:49:42.

Something must have happened in there...last ~7k took him an hour. Hope he's OK.
  • Azercord
    Options
    @MobyCarp CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Way to finish.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I hope Kevin (@MobyCarp) is ok... that previous 5k was such a difference from the pace previously I have to think something happened... he should have finished by now based on their estimations.

I hope he's ok too! By the avg pace, it looks like he had to walk between tgec40K and the finish.

@lporter229 seems to be holding her pace well. Hope her hamstring continues to hold up for her!

It was getting warm when the elites were finishing. I'll bet it's pretty toasty now!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

I was thinking that from what I read. He really slowed down at the end, which makes me think that slow 5K time might have started out fine and something happened almost half-way through that stretch. Will be interested to hear later if he bonked or was injured.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    @lporter229 3:53:10 Congrats!!! :smile:
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    So....

Now what?
  • Azercord
    Options
    @lporter229 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Way to go. Two finishers, amazing.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both @MobyCarp and @lporter229 !! You both finished the Boston Marathon! Hope you get to enjoy some yummy food soon, and we're all looking forward to hearing how your race went! :smiley:
  • shanaber
    Options
    Congratulations to @mobycarp and @lporter229 on completing the Boston Marathon!! Now its time for some well deserved food and maybe a beer and a nice shower!! WhooHoo!!!!