April 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Congrats @mobycarp and @lporter229! Thanks for sharing bib numbers so we could track you.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Congrats @mobycarp and @lporter229.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    Hopped on the treadmill and did 3 miles this morning, had to get off and take my husband lunch. I think I'll get back on after my daughter lays down for a nap
  • ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing @lporter229 and @MobyCarp!!! Those are great times both of you!!
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I hid myself away from this group in a sulk when I got injured a while back, but I couldn't resist coming back to see how the fabulous Boston runners did! Well done @MobyCarp and @lporter229, amazing times! Hope you both made it through unscathed and enjoyed your experience :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @mobycarp and @lporter229 fantastic!
  • Run4life375
    Run4life375 Posts: 98 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Awesome job, Boston marathoners!

exercise.png

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Way to go @MobyCarp and @lporter229 !!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    How do you folks who have gone through multiple pairs of shoes know when it's time to retire a pair? My first pair of runners, that I got last March, now have 326 miles on them and, I'm not certain but, I think that some of my shin ache issue is from running in them.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    How do you folks who have gone through multiple pairs of shoes know when it's time to retire a pair? My first pair of runners, that I got last March, now have 326 miles on them and, I'm not certain but, I think that some of my shin ache issue is from running in them.

With over 300 miles on them and shin ache I would retire them. If the pain goes away, woohoo you solved the problem.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'd agree with @skippygirlsmom . You're gonna need to order new shoes anyway, and I think it's good to have a couple in rotation, so even if you can get a few more miles out of them, it's no big deal. I find I really notice how dead a pair of shoes are once I put on a brand new pair of them, lol. Just had to bite the bullet and order myself a new pair today, all of a sudden I have over 450 miles on my current pair, ugh.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    With over 300 miles on them and shin ache I would retire them. If the pain goes away, woohoo you solved the problem.

Yeah, I'd agree with @skippygirlsmom . You're gonna need to order new shoes anyway, and I think it's good to have a couple in rotation, so even if you can get a few more miles out of them, it's no big deal. I find I really notice how dead a pair of shoes are once I put on a brand new pair of them, lol. Just had to bite the bullet and order myself a new pair today, all of a sudden I have over 450 miles on my current pair, ugh.

Good points both of you. I think I was just a little attached to them since they were my first pair. I think I'll take them out of the rotation... kind of a bittersweet thing....I've run enough to retire a pair.... :(

and about shoes in the rotation...um...I have 6 pairs in rotation plus my 2 pairs of trail shoes....LOL....
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Phew. Just got through seven pages of catch up and was on tenterhooks as to whether @MobyCarp and @lporter229 made it!! Talk about exciting reading a bunch of posts from you guys! And well done to both for finishing.

Been away for the weekend walking with a non-running friend - nothing too strenuous but great being outdoors - will post some more fab photos soon

Looking forward to getting back to running this week
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    I just realized that my being short (5'65) "excuse" for my "slow" running got blasted out of the water today.... Jordan Hasay is only 5'4"
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to @MobyCarp and @lporter229 on your Boston finishes!

Date :::: Miles :::: April MTD (goal = 95)
    04/01/17 :::: 7.7 :::: 7.7
    04/02/17 :::: 3.5 :::: 11.2
    04/03/17 :::: 2.5 :::: 13.7
    04/04/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 13.7
    04/05/17 :::: 3.5 :::: 17.2
    04/06/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 17.2
    04/07/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 17.2
    04/08/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 17.2
    04/09/17 :::: 3.5 :::: 20.6
    04/10/17 :::: 3.0 :::: 23.6
    04/11/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 23.6
    04/12/17 :::: 3.2 :::: 26.8
    04/13/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 26.8
    04/14/17 :::: 4.0 :::: 30.8
    04/15/17 :::: 6.2 :::: 37.0
    04/16/17 :::: 2.7 :::: 39.7
    04/17/17 :::: 3.7 :::: 43.4

Tonight's run group workout was an inverted ladder of 3-2-1-1-2-3 minute intervals hard with 2 minutes rest for the first three intervals, and one minute rest for the last three. It was tough work and my legs were wobbly after the weekend's 10k and then hills yesterday. I could really go for a massage right about now.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @MobyCarp - Hats off to you for running it so well in such adverse fashion, and for going the final miles with your legs cramped up in such a way. I wish this Boston experience had been better for you. You not only finished something that so many will never even get a chance to start, but finished in circumstances that many other Boston runners may have chosen to throw in the towel. Just amazing!

Hope you are back to 100% soon!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @MobyCarp that was a great recap. I. Sorry it was so hard on you. You had some real adverse conditions, between the weather and your cold. Finishing was a great accomplishment in and of itself.

Hope to see you back to 100% soon!