April 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 - Gotta make sure you weren't some crazy college kid doing something illegal. :-D
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @garygse yeah, the marathon training over the summer months, ugh, I'm not exactly looking forward to it, lol. I just keep telling myself it'll make me faster, after all, that's why I trained outside all last summer! I think one of the characteristics of many runners is some leaning towards masochistic tendencies :D
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @garygse yeah, the marathon training over the summer months, ugh, I'm not exactly looking forward to it, lol. I just keep telling myself it'll make me faster, after all, that's why I trained outside all last summer! I think one of the characteristics of many runners is some leaning towards masochistic tendencies :D
    Ha! Isn't that the truth!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I posted this here once before, in a previous month's thread, and figured I'd share it one more time, just in case, as the race is getting close! This is the one big fundraising effort I do each year, my 3rd year in a row now, when I participate in the Run for the Wild 5k through the Bronx Zoo, to support the Wildlife Conservation Society. I know a few you here actually donated, which believe me, I didn't even really expect, and it meant a lot to me, you guys are awesome!

In case anyone else happens to be a big wildlife fan, this is the link to my fundraising page. This year I'm running for cheetahs, cause cheetahs are freaking awesome. Lol. Otherwise, feel free to just disregard this post!

Also, if anyone here is in the NY/NJ metro area I highly recommend this race, it's super fun, and you get to literally run through the Bronx Zoo and past the animals!

Thanks!

e.wcs.org/site/TR/Events/RunfortheWildTeamraiser?px=3337243&pg=personal&fr_id=1190
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    6.7 last night. Coworkers found me a trail to run on so I didn't go running on the highway again.

Since I am trying this strava thing out.... I have one question. It is syncing over to my mfp feed as "running (jogging), in place." .... Now.... I know I am slow..... but I promise I AM MOVING. ... sooooo what do I have set up wrong?..
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 I saw that too about the caveman - too funny
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    4/1-6.05
    4/3-3.45
    4/12-3.32
    4/13-1.02
    4/14-3.01
    4/15-6.26
    4/18-4.38

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 I saw that too about the caveman - too funny

I can't believe he ran barefooted for 26+ miles!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    WK: 4.17.17 - 4.23.17

M - Rest / Recover Day
    T - 10.8 m. 9:35 pace.
    W -
    T -
    F -
    S -
    S -
    Total - miles for the week.
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have experience wearing Mizuno Wave Inspire 12s? I've always worn more neutral shoes, but I think it would be a good idea to work a stability shoe into my rotation due to the pronation pointed out by my PT. I was searching around for a reasonably priced shoe and stumbled upon a great $30 deal. I think at that price, I'll take a chance but wasn't sure if I should order a wide for more room in the toe box or if the toe box is already roomy enough for a regular width shoe (the 12s are last year's model, so I don't think I can try them on in a store).

@greenolivetree Glad your close encounter with the geese didn't ruin running for you lol...I get SO nervous when a goose is too close to my path as I've been chased by them before. I usually go wayyyyy out of my way to avoid them
    @kgirlhart Happy birthday!
    @WhatMeRunning Weather isn't looking favorable in central Illinois for my race on Saturday either. Keeping fingers crossed the forecast changes for both of us!
    @7lenny7 Of COURSE the cops would pull up right at that moment lol. That situation could have turned out a little worse, but I'm sure it still raised your HR a little haha.
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning that actually makes sense! I had to think about it for a minute, because I knew I had done some shorter runs that were less than the 12min/mile - but those days also had longer runs or walks that it apparently decided trumped the other, so it still had running in place as the tag. Map my run used to post a pace, but lately it had just decided I was "running" - end of story. Maybe it was trying not to embarrass me.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,017 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    4/3/17 - 3.8 miles
    4/5/17 - 3.2 miles
    4/6/17 - 4 miles
    4/9/17 - 3.2 miles
    4/10/17 - 1.2 miles
    4/11/17 - 3.3 miles
    4/13/17 - 3.7 miles
    4/16/17 - 3.2 miles
    4/18/17 - 3.5 miles

29.1/40 miles for April

I did get my run in today! It kind of surprises me how happy that makes me. Luckily my parents stopped by early and I still had time to go run before dinner.

• snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 7.0 mi.
    4/2 - 4.0 mi
    4/3 - 3.6 mi.
    4/4 - rest
    4/5 - 6.0 mi.
    4/6 - 4.0 mi.
    4/7 - 5.0 mi.
    4/8 - 4.4 mi.
    4/9 - rest
    4/10 - 4.4 mi.
    4/11 - 4.0 mi.
    4/12 - 4.9 mi. (oh, honestly...why didn't I eke out another .1 for a nice even 5?? :p )
    4/13 - 3.1 mi.
    4/14 - 5.0 mi.
    4/15 - 3.9 mi.
    4/16 - rest - happy easter!
    4/17 - 4.0 mi.
    4/18 - 4.6 mi.

April goal: 67.9/100 miles
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @hesfeld Great photos! I've gone through much bigger flocks of Canadian geese... I don't slow down or stop for them, but I have seen flocks in the hundreds running away and ultimately taking off. It's somewhat majestic.